My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scrubs actually paying money for ram

https://downloadmoreram.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking for a cheap psu...computer just turns off when playing bf4 and now CS:source. Link would be appreciated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking for a cheap psu...computer just turns off when playing bf4 and now CS:source. Link would be appreciated
    whats ur system and video card? don't go get a cheapo psu man...

hows the used parts in American market? u guys flip parts to make a profit, with the way prices are for new parts and ...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spend $100 it will last a long time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow all power supplies are expensive too now.

You used to be able to get EVGA G2 750W for $80 or so. Now the EVGA G2 550W is $100.

What cpu and gpu do you run and do you overclock anything? Brand name doesn't mean for power supplies except Seasonic, which are great. What matters is the OEM who makes the power supply. For instance, EVGA G2 psus are made by a company called Super Flower that makes top notch psus. Anything whose OEM is Seasonic or Super Flower should be pretty good quality, but you'll only know the OEM by checking reviews at sites like jonnyguru.com.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats ur system and video card? don't go get a cheapo psu man...

hows the used parts in American market? u guys flip parts to make a profit, with the way prices are for new parts and ...
    Radeon Software Version - 17.12.2
    Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Memory Size - 1024 MB
    Memory Type - GDDR5
    Core Clock - 860 MHz
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory - 8 GB
    CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor

My old PSU: I got top of the line EVGA Supernova 850 watt bronze

Spend $100 it will last a long time.
    That's what I did last time. Is 4-5 years a reasonable shelf life?

Wow all power supplies are expensive too now.

You used to be able to get EVGA G2 750W for $80 or so. Now the EVGA G2 550W is $100.

What cpu and gpu do you run and do you overclock anything? Brand name doesn't mean for power supplies except Seasonic, which are great. What matters is the OEM who makes the power supply. For instance, EVGA G2 psus are made by a company called Super Flower that makes top notch psus. Anything whose OEM is Seasonic or Super Flower should be pretty good quality, but you'll only know the OEM by checking reviews at sites like jonnyguru.com.
    I don't overclock, and rarely play any new games. I've got the PS4 for that. I was looking for something in the 750-850 watt range. At this point I'm so frustrated with buying new parts, that I'm willing to buy any brand PSU if it's cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Radeon Software Version - 17.12.2
    Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Memory Size - 1024 MB
    Memory Type - GDDR5
    Core Clock - 860 MHz
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory - 8 GB
    CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor
    Sounds like an HD 7850 gpu? It's pretty similar to what's in the XBox One and a little weaker than what's in the OG PS4 then.

That's what I did last time. Is 4-5 years a reasonable shelf life?
    If it's a B2 it should have been a pretty good PSU. If it's a B1 or a Supernova NEX it's not, which is why those usually have 3 year warranties if I remember right.

I don't overclock, and rarely play any new games. I've got the PS4 for that. I was looking for something in the 750-850 watt range. At this point I'm so frustrated with buying new parts, that I'm willing to buy any brand PSU if it's cheap.
    750 watts is unbelievable overkill for that system. The FX-4170 is a pretty power hungry cpu at 125 watt but an HD 7850 is only about a 130 watt card. I know it's not a 7870 since those only came in 2GB and 4GB models. Honestly, any good 400 watt power supply is more than enough for a non-overclocked system like that. You only need 750W power supplies if you're running say two GTX 1080 in SLI and a heavily overclocked i5/i7. Here is a nice 550W gold unit by Seasonic with a seven year warranty if you're willing to do mail in rebates:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817151203

It's pretty new though so I haven't seen any reviews. If you want one with rock solid reviews and a 10 year warranty this model got a glowing review from jonnyguru:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817151189

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this board is all ed up when you try to edit posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like an HD 7850 gpu? It's pretty similar to what's in the XBox One and a little weaker than what's in the OG PS4 then.

If it's a B2 it should have been a pretty good PSU. If it's a B1 or a Supernova NEX it's not, which is why those usually have 3 year warranties if I remember right.

750 watts is unbelievable overkill for that system. The FX-4170 is a pretty power hungry cpu at 125 watt but an HD 7850 is only about a 130 watt card. I know it's not a 7870 since those only came in 2GB and 4GB models. Honestly, any good 400 watt power supply is more than enough for a non-overclocked system like that. You only need 750W power supplies if you're running say two GTX 1080 in SLI and a heavily overclocked i5/i7. Here is a nice 550W gold unit by Seasonic with a seven year warranty if you're willing to do mail in rebates:

It's pretty new though so I haven't seen any reviews. If you want one with rock solid reviews and a 10 year warranty this model got a glowing review from jonnyguru:

Wow thanks man, I really appreciate it the PSU was a B2 fwiw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check evga website, don't they give out life time or 10yr warranties?....maybe u can claim it...if u still have receipt...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check evga website, don't they give out life time or 10yr warranties?....maybe u can claim it...if u still have receipt...
    damn good idea! I registered at the website and sent in the email for the warranty after I bought it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn good idea! I registered at the website and sent in the email for the warranty after I bought it.
    I believe it's a 5 year warranty. EVGA has excellent CS so who knows they may help either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current PSU of going on 6 years was manufactured by a company called Xeon.. I ordered it before I knew half a about PC components.. Still waiting for it to burn my house down tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current PSU of going on 6 years was manufactured by a company called Xeon.. I ordered it before I knew half a about PC components.. Still waiting for it to burn my house down tbh
    man, you should buy one of those Seasonics I posted above. No way you want to fry your gpu in today's market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, you should buy one of those Seasonics I posted above. No way you want to fry your gpu in today's market.
    Do you know how many IPA's I can buy with 100 bucks?? How many grams of San Antonio's finest herbs? I'll take my chances

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know how many IPA's I can buy with 100 bucks?? How many grams of San Antonio's finest herbs? I'll take my chances
    OK, but don't come crying when you're forced to go back to your 360 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IPA's $6-12+ = low end roughly 16 bottles/pints.

Bud $10 a gram = 10 grams or a half+ if your plug is nice to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, but don't come crying when you're forced to go back to your 360 tbh
    Got a 680 on deck broski.. Plus a few stacks to spend on a 1070Ti in an emergency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IPA's $6-12+ = low end roughly 16 bottles/pints.

Bud $10 a gram = 10 grams or a half+ if your plug is nice to you.
    Do people even charge more than 10 a G these days? It better be dispensary quality for me to even consider a deal like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people even charge more than 10 a G these days? It better be dispensary quality for me to even consider a deal like that
    I know 1 head that charges $20/g still. He banks on the fact that those who buy from him are older, his and my age, and have no other plugs. that puto!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know 1 head that charges $20/g still. He banks on the fact that those who buy from him are older, his and my age, and have no other plugs. that puto!
    Yeah that's insane. I haven't paid that since like 05'. An eighth of exotic should be 45 tops this god damn close to the border

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's insane. I haven't paid that since like 05'. An eighth of exotic should be 45 tops this god damn close to the border

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe it's a 5 year warranty. EVGA has excellent CS so who knows they may help either way.
    I bought it in 2010 so the warranty expired in 2015 unfortunately. The customer service was excellent like you said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looking at this

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-W...SIN=B00EON40CS

600 watt should be more than adequate right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at this

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-W...SIN=B00EON40CS

600 watt should be more than adequate right?
    Yup

Thread Information