Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIFA 17 at 300FPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also when you play RDR2, you're not going to get a locked 4k60 on ultra even with a 3070, as the game was built to scale with future generations of gpu. With these settings I can get 55-80 fps at 1080p on my GTX 1660 Super, so you should probably be able to get similar at 4k since a 3070 is about 2.4x the gpu a 1660 Super is.

Also make sure you have FreeSync turned on on your monitor and GSync turned on for your gpu (I think the GSync setting is probably in the Nvidia Control Panel) so you can make use of FreeSync to smooth out your drops under 60 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So my score is 25721

Is that good?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So my score is 25721

Is that good?
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How to do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How to do that?
    Doesn't it post a link to your results when you're done? Here is the Firestrike from when I had my GTX 970 installed:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5896552

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't it post a link to your results when you're done? Here is the Firestrike from when I had my GTX 970 installed:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53370114

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. GPU score looks a little low at 32000 when most RTX 3070 I have seen bench at 34000, but that's probably because you don't have an overclock on the card I'm guessing. One thing I notice is your RAM looks to be running at default low clocks (eg DDR4-2133 speeds), so make sure to go into your BIOS and turn on XMP so you can use it at full speed. If it's the RAM you linked me it should immediately go up to DDR4-3200 speeds when you turn on XMP in the BIOS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. GPU score looks a little low at 32000 when most RTX 3070 I have seen bench at 34000, but that's probably because you don't have an overclock on the card I'm guessing. One thing I notice is your RAM looks to be running at default low clocks (eg DDR4-2133 speeds), so make sure to go into your BIOS and turn on XMP so you can use it at full speed. If it's the RAM you linked me it should immediately go up to DDR4-3200 speeds when you turn on XMP in the BIOS.
    Thanks! 26296 now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks! 26296 now
    Physics score won't change much from RAM speed bumps but there are some games that really benefit hugely from RAM speed increases. For instance, GTA V, Fallout 4, and The Witcher 3 did for me when I went from DDR3-1600 to DDR3-2400 with the same system otherwise. Those are the only three I mention because those are what I tested myself on DDR3-1600 vs DDR3-2400. Though your cpu is so overkill for modern games the only place you'd be likely to see gains is in Ubisoft games at 1080p or 1440p. At 4k you should be gpu bound though even in Ubisoft games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got my 3070 today its actually a real thing

What do u think about this n8ga?

Intel i9 10850k
    Asus rog z490 G
    Corsair vengeance pro 32gb
    Msi core 240mm rgb cooler
    why not 10900? since u going all out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not 10900? since u going all out..
    Looks like that one is about $140 more than the 10850

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like that one is about $140 more than the 10850
    whattabout ssd?

and what monitor u using?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whattabout ssd?

and what monitor u using?
    Yeah had an evo ssd on d old build. I got a decent 4k LG like 6 months ago when we went in lockdown

I do need a new power supply ik running on an old 600watt one right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah had an evo ssd on d old build. I got a decent 4k LG like 6 months ago when we went in lockdown

I do need a new power supply ik running on an old 600watt one right now
    WTF are you doing posting here and not playing RDR2 on that monster system? I mean the game is ing beautiful at 1080p on my 1660 Super, can't imagine how awesome it is at the same settings at 4k with a variable rate monitor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can probably play Control at 4k60 with RT high on that system if you turn on DLSS-2.0. That game is ing beautiful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for the link. Never used this before. I got 26435.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the link. Never used this before. I got 26435.
    Nice what r urs specs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are you doing posting here and not playing RDR2 on that monster system? I mean the game is ing beautiful at 1080p on my 1660 Super, can't imagine how awesome it is at the same settings at 4k with a variable rate monitor.
    Downloaded it installed it and followed ur graphics setup steps. Its great at those setting sfor getting 60fps (most times)

Its amazing. Alreqdy took the hoes on my wagon ride to the house

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can probably play Control at 4k60 with RT high on that system if you turn on DLSS-2.0. That game is ing beautiful.
    Hey n8g. I need to upgrade my power supply too. Probably to a 750 watt. Any suggestions. Want a good price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey n8g. I need to upgrade my power supply too. Probably to a 750 watt. Any suggestions. Want a good price
    Good price shouldn't be in your vocabulary for power supplies right now tbh. They have blown up in price in the pandemic. Surprisingly psu is really the only thing the pandemic made expensive. Super Flower power supplies are really nice, nice enough to come with ten year warranties. I haven't read any reviews of their new Leadex III line, but they're known for putting out nothing but great units so if it comes with their standard 10 year warranty I'd buy it. Another really good series is Corsair RM. If you buy Corsair though it absolutely has to be an RM series with the level of components you have, as Corsair slaps their name on a lot of cheap too. Power supply shopping can be a real minefield though. For instance, EVGA used to have some really nice power supplies (namely the ones made by Super Flower that EVGA slapped their name on), but they have a lot of crap they sell under the EVGA name too. Seasonic used to be universally awesome and their high end still is, but even they make a few really crappy power supplies so you can't fully trust that name.

Also the Corsair AX line are really good too, but super expensive and were really designed for people running overclocked cpu plus four gpu back when SLI actually worked worth a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good price shouldn't be in your vocabulary for power supplies right now tbh. They have blown up in price in the pandemic. Surprisingly psu is really the only thing the pandemic made expensive. Super Flower power supplies are really nice, nice enough to come with ten year warranties. I haven't read any reviews of their new Leadex III line, but they're known for putting out nothing but great units so if it comes with their standard 10 year warranty I'd buy it. Another really good series is Corsair RM. If you buy Corsair though it absolutely has to be an RM series with the level of components you have, as Corsair slaps their name on a lot of cheap too. Power supply shopping can be a real minefield though. For instance, EVGA used to have some really nice power supplies (namely the ones made by Super Flower that EVGA slapped their name on), but they have a lot of crap they sell under the EVGA name too. Seasonic used to be universally awesome and their high end still is, but even they make a few really crappy power supplies so you can't fully trust that name.

Also the Corsair AX line are really good too, but super expensive and were really designed for people running overclocked cpu plus four gpu back when SLI actually worked worth a .

I guess Ill just stay with my corsair 600wat for now while I get a deal. Hopefully it doesnt explode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Power supply shopping is a ing pain though, because almost all power supplies you see for sale are just some company slapping their name on another company's power supply. Some of the best power supplies you'd find would be made for companies that don't have such a great name. For instance, Rosewill is always thought of as newegg's bargain basement house brand but they actually used to sell an absolute monster 750W power supply made my Super Flower for $60 to $70. Then EVGA used to sell that exact same power supply under their name so you could almost always find either it or the Rosewill one for $60 to $70 a few years ago. But most Rosewill branded power supplies are kind of crap and same for EVGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Power supply shopping is a ing pain though, because almost all power supplies you see for sale are just some company slapping their name on another company's power supply. Some of the best power supplies you'd find would be made for companies that don't have such a great name. For instance, Rosewill is always thought of as newegg's bargain basement house brand but they actually used to sell an absolute monster 750W power supply made my Super Flower for $60 to $70. Then EVGA used to sell that exact same power supply under their name so you could almost always find either it or the Rosewill one for $60 to $70 a few years ago. But most Rosewill branded power supplies are kind of crap and same for EVGA.
    Yeah ill stick with corsair. Theres an EVGA one real cheap in newegg but some reviews complain of whinning noise. that. My build is so quiet right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess Ill just stay with my corsair 600wat for now while I get a deal. Hopefully it doesnt explode
    Meh I'd just pay $130 for a Corsair RMx 850. I'm venturing you paid about $1600 not counting tax on your cpu + gpu + board + RAM upgrade, no way I'd run that on a 5 or 6 year old Corsair psu if it's not one of the higher end Corsair units.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair...?skuId=6229601

JohnnyGURU is one of the most trusted power supply reviewers and gives a pretty good review to the 750W version from that same line of Corsair RMX (from 2018):

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2018/...ower-supply/6/

Thread Information