Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Nvidia just sold their stock of FE to Chinese miners then and said ever shipping these es overseas.
    There are plenty of conspiracies going around right now and that's one of them.

Now watch Nvidia push the price up because of the artificial demand they just created.

Coming Holiday 2020: 3080 FE+ at 1k and this time there are plenty for you plebs to buy!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are plenty of conspiracies going around right now and that's one of them.

Now watch Nvidia push the price up because of the artificial demand they just created.

Coming Holiday 2020: 3080 FE+ at 1k and this time there are plenty for you plebs to buy!
    Were you trying to get one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you trying to get one?
    I was going to if I got the chance to nab a FE, but I'm not bummed about not getting one since my card is still a beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW I got my tinfoil hat on now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW I got my tinfoil hat on now.

Yep that's same old Nvidia ever since Pascal. I still remember them hyping up the GTX 1070 as a $350 card but then they charged $450 for the Founders Edition. Well then all the aftermarket cards were $440 and up since the Founders Edition effectively set the street price. I mean you could find one or two models for $410 or $420, but they were the tiest blower cards with terrible cooling and loud fans. It took 6-8 months I think before you could regularly find GTX 1070 for $350 even for the blowers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep that's same old Nvidia ever since Pascal. I still remember them hyping up the GTX 1070 as a $350 card but then they charged $450 for the Founders Edition. Well then all the aftermarket cards were $440 and up since the Founders Edition effectively set the street price. I mean you could find one or two models for $410 or $420, but they were the tiest blower cards with terrible cooling and loud fans. It took 6-8 months I think before you could regularly find GTX 1070 for $350 even for the blowers.
    Yep seems the same thing is playing out now. Turns out 699 WAS too good to be true.

They may let a few trickle out here and there, but the ultimate goal will be to push some new card out later at a higher price while, in the meantime, the aftermarket cards jump up. There will be some desperate dudes that'll be begging to give Nvidia their money by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the 3070 so I can enjoy RDR2 the way it was meant to be played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everywhere is fkn sold out fe cards..fck nvidia

theres already talk of a 20gb card 3080 super/ti variance...in reply to amds 6xxx card 16gb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nvidia fe cooler costs then like $150 to RND

yet they ship the chip to 3rd party partners who then slop on their own cooler version... u telling me their coolers are more expensive then FE, yet only shown 1degree +/- vs FE cooler, why they charging 100-200 more then FE rrp? makes no fkn sense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn the benchmark leaks of the new amd ryzen 5xxx cpus... 15% IPU gains in multicores, 25% single core gains over the compe or...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn the benchmark leaks of the new amd ryzen 5xxx cpus... 15% IPU gains in multicores, 25% single core gains over the compe or...
    I'm getting ready to buy a new system and have been looking at the Ryzen. I am once bitten twice shy with AMD products. Has the Ryzen become a worthy processor over the gen 10 Intel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting ready to buy a new system and have been looking at the Ryzen. I am once bitten twice shy with AMD products. Has the Ryzen become a worthy processor over the gen 10 Intel?
    AMD's announcing their new cpus next week, so I'd at least hold off for that. As for how good AMD's cpus are right now, they're good enough to scare Intel into making their ~$180 i5-10400F a 6C/12T cpu and the $380 i7-10700k 8C/16T. Still, you don't get PCIE-4.0 with Intel yet. The reviews I have seen don't show PCIE-3.0 holding back even the RTX 3090 on a 10900k, but still, nowadays you buy a gaming cpu to last at least five years. Plus maybe you'd be kicking yourself for not being able to use PCIE-4.0 SSD if you go Intel. I'd definitely wait to see if AMD has a good response to the 10700k and the 10400F with the Ryzen 5000 series just to have PCIE-4.0.

Did you get burned buying one of the ty FX series cpus? Those were ing horrible. Ryzen 3000 series is probably their best line of cpus since the Athlon XP days when AMD was both cheaper and far superior to Intel's offerings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find that hard to believe, but if so I'll definitely be itching to upgrade my Haswell Xeon to an R5 5600.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMD's announcing their new cpus next week, so I'd at least hold off for that. As for how good AMD's cpus are right now, they're good enough to scare Intel into making their ~$180 i5-10400F a 6C/12T cpu and the $380 i7-10700k 8C/16T. Still, you don't get PCIE-4.0 with Intel yet. The reviews I have seen don't show PCIE-3.0 holding back even the RTX 3090 on a 10900k, but still, nowadays you buy a gaming cpu to last at least five years. Plus maybe you'd be kicking yourself for not being able to use PCIE-4.0 SSD if you go Intel. I'd definitely wait to see if AMD has a good response to the 10700k and the 10400F with the Ryzen 5000 series just to have PCIE-4.0.

Did you get burned buying one of the ty FX series cpus? Those were ing horrible. Ryzen 3000 series is probably their best line of cpus since the Athlon XP days when AMD was both cheaper and far superior to Intel's offerings.
    my mb died so I ordered a new one but I am thinking now about updating the mb, mem and processor and sticking with my 1080ti FE. Cheaper option than dropping 3K on I already own.

It's been a while and I cannot recall the exact CPU that ed me over. I just know it was a socket 7, that was how long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryzen is legit. Heck, I'm eyeing some of their newer Threadrippers...

Don't think I would jump from NVidia to AMD for GPUs yet though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryzen is legit. Heck, I'm eyeing some of their newer Threadrippers...

Don't think I would jump from NVidia to AMD for GPUs yet though.
    You think PCIE-4.0 is worth holding out for? Especially for SSDs? Was pretty convinced on getting a Ryzen 5 chip until Intel got scared and released the i5-10400F to compete with it after AMD was handing Intel their asses for so long in the midrange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think PCIE-4.0 is worth holding out for? Especially for SSDs? Was pretty convinced on getting a Ryzen 5 chip until Intel got scared and released the i5-10400F to compete with it after AMD was handing Intel their asses for so long in the midrange.
    Case : MILLENNIUM Chassis
    Side Panels : Tempered Glass-Tempered Glass
    Exterior Color : Glacier White
    Interior Color : Origin PC White
    Interior Lighting : Origin PC White
    Current Special Offer : FREE US Ground Shipping*
    Variable Mounting : Standard Orientation
    Processors : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8GHz (4.6GHz Max Boost)
    Motherboard : MSI MEG X570 ACE
    Memory : 32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM - WHITE 3200MHz RGB (2x16GB)
    System Cooling : CORSAIR H150i PRO RGB
    System Fans : CORSAIR SP120 PRO Performance iCUE RGB controlled by iCUE software
    Graphics Cards : NVIDIA 11GB GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Blower*
    GPU : 1
    Operating System : MS Windows 10 Home
    Hard Drive Cage : 5 Bay Hard-Drive Cage
    Operating System Drive : 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
    RAID : No RAID
    Power Supply : CORSAIR 850X RMX SERIES PLUS GOLD - White
    Power Supply Sleeved Cable : White Sleeved Cables +90
    Audio : Integrated High-Definition Audio
    Networking : Onboard Network Port
    The ORIGIN Difference : The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
    ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process : ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    24/7 U.S Based Warranty : 1 Year Part Replacement with 45 Day Free Shipping
    Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC T-Shirt
    Size : Medium
    Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC Mousepad

how do these specs look?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Case : MILLENNIUM Chassis
    Side Panels : Tempered Glass-Tempered Glass
    Exterior Color : Glacier White
    Interior Color : Origin PC White
    Interior Lighting : Origin PC White
    Current Special Offer : FREE US Ground Shipping*
    Variable Mounting : Standard Orientation
    Processors : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8GHz (4.6GHz Max Boost)
    Motherboard : MSI MEG X570 ACE
    Memory : 32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM - WHITE 3200MHz RGB (2x16GB)
    System Cooling : CORSAIR H150i PRO RGB
    System Fans : CORSAIR SP120 PRO Performance iCUE RGB controlled by iCUE software
    Graphics Cards : NVIDIA 11GB GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Blower*
    GPU : 1
    Operating System : MS Windows 10 Home
    Hard Drive Cage : 5 Bay Hard-Drive Cage
    Operating System Drive : 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
    RAID : No RAID
    Power Supply : CORSAIR 850X RMX SERIES PLUS GOLD - White
    Power Supply Sleeved Cable : White Sleeved Cables +90
    Audio : Integrated High-Definition Audio
    Networking : Onboard Network Port
    The ORIGIN Difference : The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
    ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process : ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    24/7 U.S Based Warranty : 1 Year Part Replacement with 45 Day Free Shipping
    Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC T-Shirt
    Size : Medium
    Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC Mousepad

how do these specs look?
    You should absolutely 100% not buy that system. I just looked it up on their website and it looks like they're hosing you for around $1100 for an RTX 2080 Ti. That gpu isn't going to be worth more than $450 in ten days when the faster RTX 3070 drops for $500. The RTX 3080 is already out and 35% faster than the RTX 2080 Ti for $700 MSRP, though I usually saw them selling closer to $800 back when Microcenter had a bunch of them (3080 is tough to find in stock anywhere right now though).

Also that is a really lousy 2080 Ti they're putting in there. That's ridiculous for them to be selling a blower card in such a high dollar setup.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-04-2020 at 02:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at NZXT, they have the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC 10G for about MSRP and their entire system built and shipped is about half the price of Origin. I don't know anything about NZXT though, and all their components seem to be 3rd party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at NZXT, they have the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC 10G for about MSRP and their entire system built and shipped is about half the price of Origin. I don't know anything about NZXT though, and all their components seem to be 3rd party.
    I like some of NZXT's cases a lot. Don't really know too much about their power supplies. Everything else in the system other than the fans and maybe RGB and fan controller are going to be third party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like some of NZXT's cases a lot. Don't really know too much about their power supplies. Everything else in the system other than the fans and maybe RGB and fan controller are going to be third party.
    I meant to say they don't seem to have high end stuff. I can only go as high as 500G M.2 if I want the Evo 970.The CPU for intel only goes to lowest i9. The PSUs are corsair or NZXT (rebrand most likely). Memory choices are GSKILL trident or Team T-Force. Case options are ok. Seems easy enough to access.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1TB NVMe is good enough just for the OS and Apps... you probably want to snatch something higher capacity. Even 2TB will give you a nice offset.

4TB/8TB as a separate NVMe stick would also work out, but they're still fairly pricey unless you really need them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant to say they don't seem to have high end stuff. I can only go as high as 500G M.2 if I want the Evo 970.The CPU for intel only goes to lowest i9. The PSUs are corsair or NZXT (rebrand most likely). Memory choices are GSKILL trident or Team T-Force. Case options are ok. Seems easy enough to access.
    You really want a Seasonic 1KW PSU. Just buy it once, it's modular, solid brand, you probably won't have to change it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's legit twice the bandwidth of PCIE3. But the problem with making a build right now is that we just don't know when things like PCIE4 NVMe sticks are going to come out.

Probably within another 6 months, but hard to tell with this pandemic .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want a Seasonic 1KW PSU. Just buy it once, it's modular, solid brand, you probably won't have to change it again.
    1000W seems like enormous overkill in the age of dual gpu not really being supported any more in games.

Thread Information