Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn.. huge improvement after the upgrade to a 9600k and 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM. GTA V is buttery smooth now.. There is seriously no amount of chaos that I can cause that will cause my FPS to drop below 60 FPS. I'm seeing like 40-50 FPS gains on some of my games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn.. huge improvement after the upgrade to a 9600k and 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM. GTA V is buttery smooth now.. There is seriously no amount of chaos that I can cause that will cause my FPS to drop below 60 FPS. I'm seeing like 40-50 FPS gains on some of my games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Lisa Su is going to showing off the new Ryzen 2 chips as well as Navi at Computex next month. It's officially announced. I bet those are going to be some ing killer cpus on 7nm considering how well they're currently doing at 12nm. Not so sure what to expect out of Navi though since Vega VII on 7nm was a huge pos. Very strongly considering an AMD cpu on my next build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing RGB everything I got ing RGB on my motherboard now.. it's just too much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Lisa Su is going to showing off the new Ryzen 2 chips as well as Navi at Computex next month. It's officially announced. I bet those are going to be some ing killer cpus on 7nm considering how well they're currently doing at 12nm. Not so sure what to expect out of Navi though since Vega VII on 7nm was a huge pos. Very strongly considering an AMD cpu on my next build.
    Don't you have a Xeon or some ? Is an upgrade even needed?

Speaking of Xeon they announced like 5 new models recently too.. Something w/ 64 Cores and 128 threads or some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you have a Xeon or some ? Is an upgrade even needed?

Speaking of Xeon they announced like 5 new models recently too.. Something w/ 64 Cores and 128 threads or some
    Yeah I have an E3-1231v3. It's not really a typical high end Xeon though. Those are the E5 and E7 models. The E3-1231v3 is just an i7-4770 without an IGPU, minus 100 MHz, with a little lower power consumption (probably because of no IGPU), and marketed as a very low end server processor instead of a higher end gaming cpu. It was a nice loophole to get an i7 for the price of an i5, but Intel closed that with Skylake by forcing you to use expensive server boards with their Xeon chips.

I imagine my platform will start really showing its age in a couple of years, though I still want to see what the next gen consoles will be like. We'll probably start getting an idea what they'll look like by the end of this year.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing RGB everything I got ing RGB on my motherboard now.. it's just too much
    I have a fractal r5 case specifically so I cannot see that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Unity is free on UPlay today and for a couple more days or so. Just claim it in the next couple of days and you own it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some decent gpu deals now with Nvidia releasing the RTX 2060 Super at $400 with RTX 2070 level performance and the RTX 2070 Super at $500 with RTX 2080 level performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ryzen2 cpus just released, fck mad results

the navi gpu 5700xt $399 => 1080ti performance/ 2070 super cards....damn (a bit too late for response, but still better then nothing when it comes to compe ion)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I want to build a mini pc as I don't have much space. Portability would also be a plus. Probably light gaming but mostly browsing and watching movies and such. Any recommendations or website recommendations to help with such a build? There's YouTube videos out there but most all builds seem to be aimed at gaming, I'm looking for something more general use. I know surprisingly little about PC's given how much time I spend on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I want to build a mini pc as I don't have much space. Portability would also be a plus. Probably light gaming but mostly browsing and watching movies and such. Any recommendations or website recommendations to help with such a build? There's YouTube videos out there but most all builds seem to be aimed at gaming, I'm looking for something more general use. I know surprisingly little about PC's given how much time I spend on them.
    tbh seems like you want a laptop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define light gaming. As in what games do you want to play? If you tell me just emulating N64 or PS2 that's a lot different than saying you want to play Cybperunk 2077 when it comes out.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh
    imo go with asus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been looking at the dell xps 13/15 but the size just seems too small. I want something a bit bigger. Plus laptops just aren't all that cool to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define light gaming. As in what games do you want to play? If you tell me just emulating N64 or PS2 that's a lot different than saying you want to play Cybperunk 2077 when it comes out.
    Somewhere in the middle maybe? Kind of don't know what I want tbh budget is around $1,000. What can I get for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been looking at the dell xps 13/15 but the size just seems too small. I want something a bit bigger. Plus laptops just aren't all that cool to me
    pretty sure you can find 17 inch laptops too, just heavier. but if you want basic browsing/streaming with portability being an emphasis, dont see why a laptop wont do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhere in the middle maybe? Kind of don't know what I want tbh budget is around $1,000. What can I get for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure you can find 17 inch laptops too, just heavier. but if you want basic browsing/streaming with portability being an emphasis, dont see why a laptop wont do
    I'm leaning that way tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get a laptop with balls you could always hook it up via HDMI to your TV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death Stranding coming to PC next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man the new rx5500 from amd are awesome budget cards... rx5500 4gb ddr6 navi => rx580 8gb ddr5 polaris performance...

cant wait for the 8gb versions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man the new rx5500 from amd are awesome budget cards... rx5500 4gb ddr6 navi => rx580 8gb ddr5 polaris performance...

cant wait for the 8gb versions
    Card looks like nothing special unless they price it like $120 max. Otherwise you can get the same performance out of the GTX 1650 Super already for $160.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Looking to upgrade my PC for the first time since I build it back in 2012 (except for the GPU that I had to replace a couple years later) but apparently none of the new processors are good for my mobo so I was wondering if you think it would be worth it to get a i7 3770K which is basically the best one I could get?

Thread Information