Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you get this popup with a timer when using youtube with a popup blocker, at least in Chrome. So any good ways around this?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm not getting any ads or that popup and my adblock is on. I did get the popup earlier but it didn't have a timer, you could just close it and keep watching the video. Strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have uBlock origin, make sure:
    - Disable other adblockers in youtube.com, as they might override it and still trigger the box
    - Make sure you're using the latest version (1.52.0+ as of this writing)
    - Go to the Filter Lists option, and click "Purge All Caches" followed by Update Now.

You can follow on new info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/

After doing the above, the box should go away. There might be cases where YT updates it's code and it takes a bit of time to work around it, but generally the above should work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also make sure you download youtube enhanced -- it's a game changer .

On Android, download ReVanced as it's the same deal. 0 ads, and you get all the options of youtube premium.

https://revanced.net/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also make sure you download youtube enhanced -- it's a game changer .

On Android, download ReVanced as it's the same deal. 0 ads, and you get all the options of youtube premium.

https://revanced.net/
    Actually, YouTube Enhanced will override uBlock, and can cause the box to show up again. But, as usual, YMMV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Disable other adblockers in youtube.com, as they might override it and still trigger the box
    - Go to the Filter Lists option, and click "Purge All Caches" followed by Update Now.

After doing the above, the box should go away. There might be cases where YT updates it's code and it takes a bit of time to work around it, but generally the above should work.
    tbh is there any utility to having other adblockers active at all (not just on youtube)? or in your experience does ublock origin already do everything you want it to do.

i still have others if i want to quickly "block element" like those dumbass spam photos that qhris and thread use. being able to quickly right click and block element is really convenient

fyi one issue i have with the threadblocker tool you created through ublock is that ever since i tried hiding all threads started by Thread, it not blocks any thread that has thread in the le, like "game day thread" etc. so i've had to let cubby threads live on
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-16-2023 at 01:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, YouTube Enhanced will override uBlock, and can cause the box to show up again. But, as usual, YMMV.
    I'm running firefox, ublock origin, and Enhanced, and haven't had a single ad show up. We'll see if that continues. :P

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL youtube updates at least once a day to get around it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh is there any utility to having other adblockers active at all (not just on youtube)? or in your experience does ublock origin already do everything you want it to do.

i still have others if i want to quickly "block element" like those dumbass spam photos that qhris and thread use. being able to quickly right click and block element is really convenient

fyi one issue i have with the threadblocker tool you created through ublock is that ever since i tried hiding all threads started by Thread, it not blocks any thread that has thread in the le, like "game day thread" etc. so i've had to let cubby threads live on
    I also use Privacy Badger, which blocks mostly trackers. That's about it.

Yeah, I noticed about the issue with the blocking. Try this one:
    Code:
    www.spurstalk.com##:xpath(//a[contains(text(), "Thread")]/ancestor::div[contains(@class, "author")]/ancestor::li[contains(@id, "thread_")])

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    youtube bullying ublock in the paint right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    youtube bullying ublock in the paint right now
    It’s going to be a fun time watching this ad block wars going on for a while.

I got premium the cheap way back when you could still do the vpn trick by signing through a foreign country such as Argentina. Paying in pesos is a beautiful thing.

only reason I’m paying for it at all is because I mainly watch YouTube on consoles and to my knowledge there is zero ways to avoid ads on those unless you pony up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be a fun time watching this ad block wars going on for a while.

I got premium the cheap way back when you could still do the vpn trick by signing through a foreign country such as Argentina. Paying in pesos is a beautiful thing.

only reason I’m paying for it at all is because I mainly watch YouTube on consoles and to my knowledge there is zero ways to avoid ads on those unless you pony up.
    Yeah I am still on the student rate from when it started.

Thread Information