My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Usually when you sign a player, you want to make sure that player doesn't have a torn ACL before you sign them. The Cleveland Browns didn't do that and now, they'll have to play the next two weeks with only 52 players on their 53-man roster.
    How did the Browns end up signing a player with a torn ACL? It all started on Oct. 12 when the team placed quarterback Brian Hoyer on injured reserve. Hoyer was lost for the seasonwhen he tore his ACL in Cleveland's Week 5 win over Buffalo.
    With Hoyer on injured reserve, the Browns signed wide receiver Charles Johnson from thePackers practice squad to fill Hoyer's spot on the active-roster. That happened on Saturday. On Wednesday, during Johnson's introductory physical, the Browns discovered that he had a torn ACL, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.
    The easy thing to do would be to ship Johnson back to Green Bay, but it's never that easy with the Browns. Since Cleveland signed Johnson from the Packers practice squad, the Browns are now stuck with him for at least two more weeks. Per NFL rules, a player that's signed off another team's practice squad has to be apart of the new team's 53-man roster for at least three games.
    Johnson was signed on Oct. 12, one day before the Browns played the Lions, so now he'll count towards the 53-man roster for two more games.
    After the Browns discovered Johnson's injury on Wednesday, they place him on the non-football injury list. It's not clear where or when Johnson tore his ACL, but we do know one thing: he won't be playing for Cleveland this season.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I want his agent.

Thread Information