How does he continue to get starting gigs in the NFL, tbh?..

One of the most overrated players of our era IMO..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its hard for qb's to succeed with no offensive line and no run game tbh

He has been a mediocre player with no upside for like 5 years, tbh..yet his job security is rarely questioned, I don't understand how this is immune to the bench..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    his job security is rarely questioned? the raiders dumped him after 1.5 years. the cards simply have nobody there. they will be drafting a qb this year.

Palmer is rarely under scrutiny..

Every mediocre QB in this league is constantly under scrutiny from his fanbase, and even most of the above average QBs face even more pressure every game, tbh(Romo, Cutler, Schaub, Arizona's past QBs, Weeden, Kyle Orton, etc)..Palmer's job is rarely questioned by the media or front office, tbh..

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    He has the arm no other AZ QB offered. They got him cheap. No line to allow deep ball, no run game to pull safeties in.

He sucks, but peripherals help him suck this bad.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He was good in Cincy before his knee got wrecked.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he was fine 1-2 seasons after the knee. it was his subsequent elbow injury that ed him. he's actually recovered but has been in ty situations the past couple of years. no line, no run game. not a good combination for a pocket passer. the raiders run game disintegrated last yearn and our receivers sucked asshole. now he has solid receivers but one of the worst o-lines around. they drafted a guard first round but he's out for season. ouch.

He was good in Cincy before his knee got wrecked.
    Yep, he was very good a few years in Cincy infact. I agree here.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    started out hot but now he's just garbage. that neantherdalball won't work in todays nfl. to be a pocket passer in the present time, you better have some mobility to bail you out or be one of the few elite qb's , which he isnt. what we saw last night was neantherdalball at its finest; multiple sacks and bad throws which lead to INT's.
    Last edited by Trill Clinton; 10-18-2013 at 09:53 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he's never been that good, but i don't blame him tbh, he has one of the worst olines in football and Elite is showing this year what happens when you have no oline to protect you.. he's a known quan y, everyone knows his weak spots, the problem is that his arm strength seems to be fading.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Matt Schaub 2.0

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Still would take Palmer vs any of the QB trash the Cardinals got after the post Kurt Warner era. He's actually moving the ball but his internal clock constantly keeps on screaming to throw the damn ball because of zero protection hence all the picks.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    started out hot but now he's just garbage. that neantherdalball won't work in todays nfl. to be a pocket passer in the present time, you better have some mobility to bail you out or be one of the few elite qb's , which he isnt. what we saw last night was neantherdalball at its finest; multiple sacks and bad throws which lead to INT's.
    yeah Manning Brady Brees are really struggling

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah Manning Brady Brees are really struggling
    i said if you're going to be a pocket passer in today's NFL you better be elite. those 3 you mentioned are 3 of the only 4 elite qb's left. the younger manning is getting his neantherdalball on this year. just standing in the pocket and chunking up balls to whoever or getting sacked multiple times instead of creating with his legs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if all running/mobile qb's are in the monkeyball category i only figured all pocket passers would be in the neanderthalball category. oh and its spelled NEANDERTHAL not NEANTHERDAL

Thread Information