Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man is a revelation. I am your deacon.

Has range on his jumper to about 15 feet. Can shoot a over the top hook with both his left and right hand. Seen beating guys like Al Horford off the dribble. Sets picks that take on the ball defenders completely out of plays. Improving on his rolls to the basket as demonstrated by his recent game winner.

Shown multiple times to come through in the clutch. The man is money.

Physically dominating on the rebound. Shows great effort to difference-making effect crashing the offensive glass. Will challenge all comers and makes many a 4 go beta.

Challenges attempts above the rim. Forces dribble outs and pull up jumpers on rotations to shut off drives. Uses length to double and recover when zoning pnr.

Allows Splitter and Duncan to play more at the 4 and of course more Baynes means less Bonner.

Whats not to love?

Collection plate is going round and remember it's better if it folds.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any chance he plays with TD and Tiago plays in the second unit, doing P&R with Manu and Beli?
    He is stronger than Tiago and maybe he can do the fighting for rebounds and let TD be more of a scorer.
    But then again...the second unit will not get a rebound with Tiago and...Diaw?

How important is to have a big man that can score!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully pop doesnt make the same mistake he did with tiago..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes ting all over the haters at SpursTalk. I love it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Aron stuff LBJ and knock him hard on his ass, "going for the ball"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything is better than Bonner/Blair. The Spurs actually have a talented group of bigs, even Bonner has his moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE FIRE RISES!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man is a revelation. I am your deacon.

Has range on his jumper to about 15 feet. Can shoot a over the top hook with both his left and right hand. Seen beating guys like Al Horford off the dribble. Sets picks that take on the ball defenders completely out of plays. Improving on his rolls to the basket as demonstrated by his recent game winner.

Shown multiple times to come through in the clutch. The man is money.

Physically dominating on the rebound. Shows great effort to difference-making effect crashing the offensive glass. Will challenge all comers and makes many a 4 go beta.

Challenges attempts above the rim. Forces dribble outs and pull up jumpers on rotations to shut off drives. Uses length to double and recover when zoning pnr.

Allows Splitter and Duncan to play more at the 4 and of course more Baynes means less Bonner.

Whats not to love?

Collection plate is going round and remember it's better if it folds.
    Add me to the believers. I knew he was going to be good for the Spurs when I found out he was from the Pacers where Boylen was a coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arno and Patty could do HEB ads for kangaroo burgers, pickled wallaby testicles, sal er crocodile steaks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add me to the believers. I knew he was going to be good for the Spurs when I found out he was from the Pacers where Boylen was a coach.
    Shun the non-believer!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arno and Patty could do HEB ads for kangaroo burgers, pickled wallaby testicles, sal er crocodile steaks
    Are those items on the new Outback Steakhouse menu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all hail.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter is not a 4. He has absolutely no range on his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter is not a 4. He has absolutely no range on his shot.
    I get that but he can run the pnr. Baynes does have a bit of range as well. Offensively because of how we run pnr it's not so much of a concern. I get your meaning though.

Defensively it's another matter entirely though. I prefer Splitter using his mobility against opposing 4's especially against pnr. I also do not like the rebounding matchups he sees compared to the 4.

I don't know if it would even work for exactly the reason you give in spacing but I definitely would like to see it. Who knows if we will though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes did not play for the Pacers. He played college at Washington and also for thr Australian national team
    Jeff Ayres, formally Jeff Pendergraph, is who played for the Pacers and Boylen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes did not play for the Pacers. He played college at Washington and also for the Australian national team.
    Jeff Ayres, formally Jeff Pendergraph, is who played for the Pacers and Boylen.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about Ayers. Wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 and 7 in just 17 mins played. The man can catch the ball in traffic and finish.

Can I get an amen?

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like the St Paul to this church. Been excited about the dude for a long time. Hopefully he's a featured part of the rotation this season. ie see my user le
    Last edited by capek; 10-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like the St Paul to this church. Been excited about the dude for a long time. Hopefully he's a featured part of the rotation this season.
    I would really like to see him assert himself among other things into an enforcer type of role. He looks like he is big enough.

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would really like to see him assert himself among other things into an enforcer type of role. He looks like he is big enough.
    No doubt, though we all know how this league works. The refs have to know your name before they'll let you get away with that. He seems to be focusing first on playing without getting called for cheap fouls, just staying on the court longer, showing other aspects of his game. I expect in time he'll feel more comfortable throwing his body around once he feels like he's not going to get called for every ticky tack foul in the book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I
    8 and 7 in just 17 mins played. The man can catch the ball in traffic and finish.

Can I get an amen?
    AMEN MY BROTHA!

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes didnt get any calls last season, that has to change.

Thread Information