my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After brokering this latest deal:

McConnell swears he is not running from his role as the indispensable Washington Republican and, in fact, plans to make it the hallmark of both his primary and general election campaign next year. “When the country’s in crisis and when a bipartisan agreement is needed, I’ve demonstrated on no fewer than four occasions that I can step into the breach and get an outcome that’s good for the country,” he said.

This guy is a true politician. When Obama is elected he voices the frustration of the Republicans by stating the primary goal is to bring him down. Now he brazenly trumpets his bipartisan role when up for re-election in Kentucky. He sits on the sidelines waiting for the latest disaster to sink in, and then flies in to rescue the country, again...

This guy is one slick snake. Oh, and the farm subsidies for this spending slasher are taken care of. So he not only fends off his Tparty primary challenger in Kentucky, he takes care of the democratic challenger by providing fed money for HIS state.

Genius. Deal maker, budget slasher, pork chef. All in one man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and so telegenic, so charismatic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he's white

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and so telegenic, so charismatic
    If he was a democrat he would be your God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a turtle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been popular lately to on McConnell for that KY dam project that got added to the debt limit bill. What is never recognized by blue team is that the project also encompasses IL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for infrastructure projects, even porkers, vs the Fed hosing $Ts to the financial sector where we never see it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike those ing morons in the House he actually showed leadership in figuring out whats best for America in general and getting a ing bill passed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: Grimes Edging McConnell in Kentucky

Voters in the Bluegrass State aren't pleased with the state of affairs in Washington, and they appear to be taking it out on Mitch McConnell.

The Senate minority leader narrowly trails Kentucky's Democratic secretary of state, Alison Lundergan Grimes, in his 2014 re-election bid, according to a new survey conducted by the Democratically affiliated Public Policy Polling for progressive group Americans United for Change.

Lundergan Grimes leads McConnell by a two-point margin (45 percent to 43 percent), which is within the poll’s margin of error (plus or minus 2.8 percent). Twelve percent of respondents remained undecided.

The poll of 1,193 voters was conducted Oct. 14-15.

The Kentucky Senate campaign will be one of the marquee contests in next year’s midterm elections. Before McConnell even makes it to the general election, however, he must fend off a primary challenge from Matt Bevin -- a Tea Party-backed businessman.

McConnell remains the favorite in that race, but he is facing the prospect of stiff compe ion from Lundergan Grimes, whose campaign outraised the Republican in bent in her first quarter as a candidate. Lundergan Grimes raked in $2.5 million during the fundraising period between July and September, while McConnell raised $2.27 million. Still, the five-term lawmaker enjoys a significant cash-on-hand advantage over his Democratic opponent.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2i6tbhWIo

Would be amazing and wonderful if the Senate Repug minority leader got beaten by a Dem chick!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Payback: Conservative group takes aim at Republican Mitch McConnell

Payback among some conservatives continued apace Friday, the fallout from the budget deal that brought the government shutdown to an end this week even as it illuminated the sometimes competing ambitions of Republican factions.

The Senate Conservatives Fund on Friday endorsed a tea party challenger to Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Republican who, along with Democrat Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, crafted the deal that ended the standoff that had paralyzed parts of the federal government.

“Matt Bevin is a true conservative who will fight to stop the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are destroying our country,” the organization’s executive director, Matt Hoskins, said in a statement. “He is not afraid to stand up to the establishment and he will do what it takes to stop Obamacare. We know that winning this primary won't be easy. Mitch McConnell has the support of the entire Washington establishment and he will do anything to hold on to power. But if people in Kentucky and all across the country rise up and demand something better, we're confident Matt Bevin can win this race.”

The ratio of McConnell animus to Bevin appreciation was clear in the advocacy group’s statement, which listed 10 criticisms of McConnell as sharply worded as missives from Democratic opponents.

(McConnell’s Democratic opponent, Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Kentucky secretary of state, has been blisteringly critical of McConnell from the left.)

The group said McConnell, who had a 100% rating from the American Conservative Union in 2012, “has a liberal record and refuses to fight for conservative principles.” It also criticized him for supporting government projects for Kentucky and portrayed his budget votes as support for President Obama’s healthcare law.

On Thursday the group endorsed another Senate challenger, businessman Chris McDaniel, who is running for the seat now held by Republican Thad Cochran. Another conservative group, the Club for Growth, also endorsed McDaniel on Thursday. Cochran, who was first elected to the Senate in 1978, has not said whether he will seek another term, and the challenger endorsements were seen as an emphatic shove offstage by the conservative organizations.

The rift between Republicans who agree with the tea party and those who don’t was demonstrated in a Pew Research Center poll released Friday.

Only 3% of tea party sympathizers said they trusted the government to do the right thing all or most of the time. Among Republicans who don’t agree with the tea party approach, that figure was 16%. (Democrats came in at 28%.)

The emotions each group attached to their views about government varied widely, too. A quarter of Democrats and non-tea party Republicans described themselves as “angry” at the federal government; most said they were instead “frustrated.” Among tea party aficionados, twice the percentage — 55% — said they were angry.

A similar gap between tea party and non-tea party Republicans came when each side was asked their views about the IRS. Only 15% of tea party Republicans had a positive view of the IRS, less than half the percentage of non-tea party Republicans. Among Democrats, 65% had a favorable view of the IRS, as did 40% of independents.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/17.../p2p-77847012/

Will they go after Boner, too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t underestimate the power of an authentic country accent narrating your videos. Great ad!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ***Bump***

Is Mitch under Secret Service protection?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, wonder if he has the votes then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt those vids from inside the Capitol that came out these last few days made their effect. There are guys litterally saying "Trump asked us to do that" or "Ted Cruz wants us do that"... Add to that all the trump s saying they were just following Trash's orders, su ions it was planned and prepared, and companies cutting donations... then you might have your magic number.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know what these republicans are afraid of. Trump got his balls cut off. He has no power.

They can convict Trump and let democrats all vote to ban him from running again. They can blame democrats if they want, who cares.

But as I understand it, you first need to remove him then vote on a separate bill to ban Trump which democrats can do by themselves without a single republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the leader, if Mitch whips for conviction it could happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know what these republicans are afraid of. Trump got his balls cut off. He has no power.

They can convict Trump and let democrats all vote to ban him from running again. They can blame democrats if they want, who cares.

But as I understand it, you first need to remove him then vote on a separate bill to ban Trump which democrats can do by themselves without a single republican.
    those assholes could have done this in the FIRST impeachment-
    there was/is overwhelming evidence

they could have booted him out, saved 500,000 lives and saved democracy and STILL blamed the dems

but they are nothing but complicit traitors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt those vids from inside the Capitol that came out these last few days made their effect. There are guys litterally saying "Trump asked us to do that" or "Ted Cruz wants us do that"... Add to that all the trump s saying they were just following Trash's orders, su ions it was planned and prepared, and companies cutting donations... then you might have your magic number.
    Doubt it had much to do with it. The donor class came out immediately against Trump, Hawley, Cruz, Blackburn, Gosar, Brooks, and everyone else pushing the stolen election conspiracy, long before these videos showing how ugly the insurrection was. Combined with them getting swept in AZ and GA and how poor his base's turnout was in the 2018 midterm, McConnell had to immediately look at Trump as a liability. Trump's no longer able to fill the judiciary with McConnell's preferred candidates, went from being a useful idiot to a useless idiot for McConnell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those assholes could have done this in the FIRST impeachment-
    there was/is overwhelming evidence

they could have booted him out, saved 500,000 lives and saved democracy and STILL blamed the dems

but they are nothing but complicit traitors
    Yeah McConnell doesn't give a about any of that. Trump was well on his way to re-election so that McConnell could get another four years of filling the judiciary with Federalist Society stooges so no way he was going against the useful idiot then.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah McConnell doesn't give a about any of that. Trump was well on his way to re-election so that McConnell could get another four years of filling the judiciary with Federalist Society stooges so no way he was going against the useful idiot then.
    almost all true...

except trump lost to sleepy joe and moscow mitch is complicit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it still lives.

Turtles dont die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it had much to do with it. The donor class came out immediately against Trump, Hawley, Cruz, Blackburn, Gosar, Brooks, and everyone else pushing the stolen election conspiracy, long before these videos showing how ugly the insurrection was. Combined with them getting swept in AZ and GA and how poor his base's turnout was in the 2018 midterm, McConnell had to immediately look at Trump as a liability. Trump's no longer able to fill the judiciary with McConnell's preferred candidates, went from being a useful idiot to a useless idiot for McConnell.
    By "effect", I didn't mean it moved or hurt Mitch's little feelings. We all know he doesn't give a . But it might just get harder and harder over time if it's clear that it was all planned, not to vote for impeachment if you want to keep whatever credibility you can keep. Trump notably lost because he lost many rep voters who had enough of him. Voting for impeachment would be a sign you're back to your good ol' GOP, since anyway there's no way Trump runs for 2024.

Thread Information