My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Week 7: 14 car, 37 yds, 1 lost fumble

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    So basically just another day at the office for Trent Richardson.

Unless he has a miraculous turnaround, one of the worst trades in NFL history IMO..

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Curtis Enis Jr, tbh. From the Browns' standpoint the trade is only as good as the player the they get with Indy's 1st-round pick. But for the Colts it's a terrible deal all the way around. They could have signed Willis McGahee off the street and gotten similar production without giving up a 1st-round pick.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Alabama running backs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Unless he has a miraculous turnaround, one of the worst trades in NFL history IMO..
    one of the biggest over-exaggerations of ST history, IMO

Nope..in a league that rarely sees in-season trades, a team that was willing to trade a 1st round pick for a ty RB that hasn't shown any potential is one of the worst decisions in recent history, tbh..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    recent history =/= nfl history. goofing away 1 late first round pick isn't the end of the world, nor is it "one of the worst trades" in nfl history

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    recent history =/= nfl history. goofing away 1 late first round pick isn't the end of the world, nor is it "one of the worst trades" in nfl history
    You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right? To give up the ability to upgrade their defense with cheap young talent under team control in favor of adding a bust running back who arguably isn't even better than Donald Brown (who they already had) is atrocious asset management, tbh....

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right?
    You're talking to a fan of a team that used said draft picks on Janikowksi, DHB, Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, and a plethora of other embarrassing first round selections.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right? To give up the ability to upgrade their defense with cheap young talent under team control in favor of adding a bust running back who arguably isn't even better than Donald Brown (who they already had) is atrocious asset management, tbh....
    i'm aware. but one late first rounder isn't going to cripple a team. i'm not suggesting the colts made a good move. obviously terrible to trade for a rb, let alone a probable bust. but that doesn't make it one of the worst deals in league history
    You're talking to a fan of a team that used said draft picks on Janikowksi, DHB, Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, and a plethora of other embarrassing first round selections.
    irrelevant, yet sadly true

michael huff, darren mcfadden, philip buchanon, napoleon harris, rolando mcclain, tyler brayton not exactly studs either

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Which they would've made an offer for Morris tbh. Helu is back to 2011 version Helu.

I still love me some alf tho but if shanny can trade rape someone with him as the centerpiece then I'm all for it (Bailey plus picks for portis etc)

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Colts are known for giving up late 1st round picks for ty running backs. Addai, Brown, and now Richardson. I haven't completely given up on him, but when Donald ing Brown is playing better than you, you must suck ass.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Randy Moss for a 4th rounder was pretty bad imho. The Herschel Walker trade is by far the worst still tho.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Randy Moss for a 4th rounder was pretty bad imho. The Herschel Walker trade is by far the worst still tho.
    Yep. The raiders had to dump moss, but they could have gotten more than a 4th easily. Plenty of trades in recent years are worse than the Trent trade. Carson Palmer for a first and second. Redskins giving 3 first rounders for griffin. The cardinals giving DRC and a 2nd for Kevin kolb + albatross contract.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Who did that 4th rounder end up netting them, tbh?

None of those trades are as bad, tbh, other than Carson Palmer..

Moss quit on the team, they had to trade him, his value was low at the time IIRC..a lot of teams were afraid of even giving up a 4th IIRC..

RGIII was a hot prospect and a potential game-changing QB that lived up to the hype in his 1st year, tbh..

Kolb sucks, but again, he's a QB, arguably the most important position in football, and he showed flashes..DRC isn't special and plays a position that is dependent on the front 7, not a game changed at all..

Trent Richardson showed absolutely no potential in his 1st full year, playing a position that is no longer a must-need for teams, behind a pretty good offensive-line(their new running game with old-ass McGahee is producing better), yet netted a 1st rounder..

And I said "one of" the worst, not the worst..spur raider is a square ass , tbh..

Trading a 1st for a RB is a terrible idea in virtually all situations, especially when you've already seen that RB play a year in the NFL with limited flashes of talent..

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Herschel trade is still way worse. Minnesota got Herschel and one of the picks got them Jake Reed.

Dallas used all the picks Minny gave them to maneuver and get Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland, Dixon Edwards, and Alvin Harper - all significant players in the 90's Cowboys Super Bowl years.

Vikings gonna Vike, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    And I said "one of" the worst, not the worst..spur raider is a square ass , tbh..

Trading a 1st for a RB is a terrible idea in virtually all situations, especially when you've already seen that RB play a year in the NFL with limited flashes of talent..
    You're arguing with a guy that defended avante tbh

I rarely respond to spur raider, tbh, that quotes 95% of my posts..

Every time Harlem receives a notification, I know I'm going to get some vanilla ice cream, tbh..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I rarely respond to spur raider, tbh, that quotes 95% of my posts..

Every time Harlem receives a notification, I know I'm going to get some vanilla ice cream, tbh..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders drafted a corner named john Bowie with that pick.

I never said said you claimed it was the worst trade ever. I'm disputing your claim that it was one of the worst trades ever just by citing a few ty trades off the top of my head.

The cards are still feeling the ramifications of the kolb trade. It's not just the players involved, it's that they had to give him a huge contract as a side effect of a deal where they lost a solid player and a high pick.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Herschel trade is still way worse. Minnesota got Herschel and one of the picks got them Jake Reed.

Dallas used all the picks Minny gave them to maneuver and get Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland, Dixon Edwards, and Alvin Harper - all significant players in the 90's Cowboys Super Bowl years.
    The only trade that comes close to the Herschel trade is the Ricky Williams trade, tbh....

Saints
    Ditka
    Trading their 1999 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th and 2000 1st and 3rd round picks for three years of a drug-addled Ricky Williams
    The Redskins using two of those picks to draft Champ Bailey and LaVar Arrington
    Ricky Williams
    Hiring Master P as his agent
    Missing out on a ton of guaranteed money as a result

Thread Information