My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Cue the Tampon-treal jokes.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It’s not even a question imo that they Rays should move there full time and not just part time. Montreal is one of if not the coolest city I’ve ever been to. Tons of nightlife, not only are the women attractive but the ratio of hot to ugly is unlike anything you’ll ever see in America, and of the handful of times I’ve done coke, the product quality in Montreal was hands down the best. Even with the language barrier (which isn’t a big deal since there are parts of Montreal that primarily speak English and most people there are bilingual) Montreal would still be much more compe ive at attracting free agents and drawing fan attendance than Tampa Bay is.
    Montreal fans love baseball too, as shown by how they pack spring training games like it's a World Series Game 7. Back in the good old days before the MLB sabotaged the Expos, the Big O had one of the most unique atmospheres in the league, and it could get loud as too.

Take that party/festival atmosphere, put it in a ballpark that isn't a dump, with a product on the field managed by smart people who care about the franchise's wellbeing, and you have baseball's next juggernaut.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There's some re-writing of history here. Montreal's attendance was 1/3 that of the national average most of the time. The only time they attracted fans was in the early 80s. Montreal is a hockey town.

Thread Information