Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Clippers' championship dreams weren't crushed on opening night, but their pride certainly took a hit.

Especially when you add in the fact that pregame, new coach Doc Rivers was apparently talking about how he's looked into championship parade routes already. Via NBA.com:

The information gathering began, Doc Rivers said, four days after he was hired as coach and head of basketball operations for the Clippers. He wanted to learn more about parades. Championship parades. Championship parades for the Clippers.

He couldn't follow his Boston formula of tracing the route the Patriots took and using it once he coached the Celtics to the 2008 le. He certainly wouldn't copy the Lakers' path through downtown, not when the whole point is for the Clippers to hammer out their own iden y. Maybe the NHL's Kings. Rivers could have road tested Lord Stanley's 2012 ride. And he never would have guessed that teams have to pay at least part of the bill for the celebration.

“I've researched enough to know what we can do,” he said.

I think Rivers' reasoning here isn't arrogance as much as it's trying to change the Clipper culture that's been engrained the past 25 years. It's about changing the mindset of "Oh we're the Clippers we can't win a le" and turning it into having the confidence to envision a parade through Los Angeles that doesn't include the Lakers.

(Sidebar: Does it really require 'research'? I'm pretty sure finding a parade path in LA shouldn't be all that hard. The Lakers have had so many there's probably still confetti lining the road from their last one.)

Still, with the beatdown the Lakers put on the Clippers on Tuesday, those aspirations were damaged a bit. It's one of 82 and obviously the Clippers are still a contender, but when you start talking about parades, you kind of don't want to lose that same night. I think that's called getting humbled.
    Discuss sns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is just asking for it. The selfies covering the championships weren't a big deal but this guy is asking to get killed in the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This dude is just asking for it. The selfies covering the championships weren't a big deal but this guy is asking to get killed in the playoffs
    They'll have a good regular season per usual. Playoffs is a diff animal. Your most talented and toughest player cannot be a PG. This season won't end well. Can't wait to bump this thread later for the lulz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll have a good regular season per usual. Playoffs is a diff animal. Your most talented and toughest player cannot be a PG. This season won't end well. Can't wait to bump this thread later for the lulz.
    Well i disagree with the pg part, Jason kidd took that ass nets team with the one that shall not be named twice to the finals and so did iverson once.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well i disagree with the pg part, Jason kidd took that ass nets team with the one that shall not be named twice to the finals and so did iverson once.
    Did either of them win?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see he trying to set a new persona for the "Soft" clippers. They definitely responded that way against the Warriors...but I also think it's a two edged sword. He's writing a big check this unproven team will have to cash..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did either of them win?
    got johnson was a pg and won 5

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , this is real? I came in here expecting to see a Lakerfan created map of downtown LA with a route that either spelled out or formed a giant zero.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Doc mapping out championship processions while Fredo mapping out funeral processions. Nothing to see here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    got johnson was a pg and won 5
    He was the exception not the rule. -15 points for even trying put those 3 in the same category. SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh , this is real? I came in here expecting to see a Lakerfan created map of downtown LA with a route that either spelled out or formed a giant zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is my cubby bear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the exception not the rule. -15 points for even trying put those 3 in the same category. SMH
    Well you did say.
    Your most talented and toughest player cannot be a PG
    Johnson was a pg point blank period. -10 points son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well you did say.

Johnson was a pg point blank period. -10 points son
    He played all 5 positions and was not exclusively a PG. -25 more points son. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played all 5 positions and was not exclusively a PG. -25 more points son. SMH
    Isiah thomas. you can't say he wasn't the best player. cmon son you can't take points away from that i got a c at this point

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isiah thomas. you can't say he wasn't the best player. cmon son you can't take points away from that i got a c at this point

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Speaking of premature celebrations - from two hours ago upstairs:
    Revenge snitches!
    dat !

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Speaking of premature celebrations - from two hours ago upstairs:

dat !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont understand why anyone with any sense would take the Clips seriously. Theyll be the best team in LA for sure but these s havent even won a second round game...their hype comes from the fact that theyre 'exciting' and because the Lakers suck tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao this guys trying to hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone say Magic was the best player on the Lakers when Kareem won the MVP in Magic's rookie season when Magic won the Finals MVP? I'd say when your center wins the league MVP, you're not necessarily the best player on the team.

"42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 123–107 win, while playing guard, forward, and center at different times during the game"

That's not a modern day PG and that's never going to happen again, ever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their championship route is probably plotted as L O L

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    pure monkeyball won't win you the championship, ever, even the 11' Heat failed to do so despite being stacked as . You always need some sort of teamwork and chemistry to reach the top even when you already have the best talents. Doc will bring some tactical change to the monkeyball team hopefully. monkeyball himself also has to learn to play like a superstar that he's supposed to be, and co-lead the team with CP0.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information