PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    If we are on it maybe we can write some words about how we begun MMA fans or UFC fans. ???

Post Count
    I watch the early Royce Gracie UFC's when I was a kid back in the early 90s. I had a couple of friends back in school that were actually pretty into it as well. For most of the early years though the sport was basically nonexistent. After the first few UFC's I stopped watching and didn't pick it back up again until UFC 40 which was the first o Ortiz and Ken Shamrock fight about 10 years after I first saw the UFC. I was only really interested in that fight because I knew Shamrock had fought in the UFC when I was a kid and also I had remembered him some from his brief stint in professional wrestling. o of course went on to completely dominate that fight and I found myself so impressed with him that when I went in to that fight a Shamrock fan I left that fight an Ortiz fan. Still though my love of the sport did not really stick and as a matter of fact it was o Ortiz and Ken Shamrock again that recaptured my interest. Flipping through the channels one night I stumbled upon season three of the ultimate fighter which was just getting started featuring Ken Shamrock and o Ortiz. That season reignited my interest in MMA for good and I've been a fan ever since..

Post Count
    Well well well tbh

Anybody saw the do entary? I did. Dana said it will be awesome but it was just very very good if I may rate this like that.

I was wondering about my start of being a mma fan and I guess I was one from very beginning when I was watching all those kung-fu movies where fighters were jumping on a tree and doing crazy stuff. It was tough to watch it though in Poland as not many ppl had VHS player back then. But on my early age when I was able to buy one /age 9/ I did it. and I could watch movies over and over. Well I had not opportunities to watch many movies so there were few being watch like 40 times.

Ohh well, first and foremost I'm an NBA fan so other sports were far behind, but my number two sport was boxing for a long time ...
    And it kept being one even after the bout they showed in Poland between Nastula and Noguiera back in june 2005, I though damn that is way too brutal. WTF I'm not into it at all. Alsoat the same time I had some opportunities to watch K-1. Well I had no dish so sometimes when I was visiting others the K-1 was also too brutal and wtf with those roided bas s /Saap/ ? Well tough I might admit it caught my interest.

Next stop is Fedor. To this day I don't know when did it start... The first fight I saw of him ? .. What channel? I guess it was YT but why I did look at it I cannot remember. All in all when i saw there are few mma fans here on spurstalk /and on other board/ I tried to look at it closer. Fedor Fedor FEDOR!
    2007 31st December and Hong man Choi-> this is the event when I really started to be a fan of mma and UFC especially. I started to download the events. And watch them. Then the stream at night. Now I can watch it on tv.

Damn all those rampage, Silva, Liddell fights --> GSP, Brock, Sonnen
    UFC just went full throttle and now we have so many events it's hard to keep track on it.

And soon we will have like 6 events a week. I don't know if the interest gonna be just - watch few fights and go on

All in all Sorry for my english. I know it's a chaos and I screw up the 'times'. I was never good at grammar.

Post Count
    One thing I have to say is after watching that do entary o is one of the most under appreciated legends in the history of mixed martial arts. Dana still does not want to give him credit for much of anything but without o Dana White would probably be without a job today. o literally carried that promotion during the dark ages of MMA where he was pretty much the only marketable superstar that the UFC actually had.. UFC 40 was step one in the UFC becoming a main stream sport. The ultimate fighter came after o headlined the biggest event they had ever put on up to that point.

Thread Information