• Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano
    • Luiz Dutra vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
    • Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu
    • Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern
    • Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes
    • Will Chope vs. Max Holloway
    • David Galera vs. Royston Wee
    • Tae Hyun Bang vs. Mairbek Taisumov
    Last edited by ace3g; 12-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don't know if the Americans are going to be interested in non-american cards in the future...?

This globalism not suits me as I see it now

I'm a big fan of Hyun Gyu Lim - dude has serious skills and is a freak of nature for a welterweight at 6'2''

I don't know if the Americans are going to be interested in non-american cards in the future...?

This globalism not suits me as I see it now
    I'm loving these upcoming Sambo/Russian fighters, so I don't see it hurting the sport. Dana just needs to mix these cards with native fighters (give them to chance to fight at home) and some recognizable faces.

Post Count
    Well I'm talking about times when we will have like 6 cards a week in different countries with local guys.

Right now few shows here and there is still enough to keep a good track on it.
    But it's like basketball it's hard to watch many leagues at once when NBA is big enough time eater when you are a fan

Post Count
    Lim gets the nod to replace injured Ellenberger!

Huge fight for him tx

Lim gets the nod to replace injured Ellenberger!

Huge fight for him tx
    No kidding! We need to set the rules of the pick 'em before this Saturday so that we can pick this fight (I just want to pick Lim and get credit for it )

Post Count
    If nobody else got anything against what I posted in the prediction thread I'll make the new one for 2014 - no worries

Post Count
    Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
    Lim is a tough big dude who can smash opponents. But IMO Terec has the technique to avoid those big shots

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano - just because he is Kawajiri and I don't know the other
    Kyung-Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu - random select tbh

Max Holloway vs. Will Chope
    Max if still progressing is very good fighter

Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim - I think that Saffiedine is probably the better fighter at this point in his career, but Lim has all of the skill and physical talents to be a force in the UFC and is definitely on the rise. He just has that killer instinct.

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano - Kawajiri is a legend, but he's not that young anymore. Soriano has destroyed everyone he's faced (including winning and defending a regional championship). I think that Soriano gets the win here, putting his name on the map. Before long he'll be on the PPVs.

Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu - I actually remember watching Kang's last fight against Bruce Leroy - Leroy won via decision, but I was positive that Kang had won. Kang took Leroy down over and over again, but just didn't deal that much damage once down (however, he also didn't really take much damage while standing up). I'm counting on him having learned his lesson this time around.

Max Holloway vs. Will Chope - Here's hoping that Max gets the win - he needs one and Chope is no McGregor or Bermudez.

Dave Galera vs. Royston Wee - I don't really know much about Galera, but Wee is only on the card because he's from Singapore.

Welp, 2-3 on my picks, but it was fun to wake up this morning and watch live fights as I ate breakfast.

A few thoughts...
    -Ho Kang learned his lessons from his last fight and actually finished this time around - he looked so much better out there.

- Although Soriano lost, his stand up and TDD were outstanding in that first round, he just couldn't stop all of Kawajiri's takedown attempts, and once underneath him he had trouble getting out. They don't call him "Crusher" for nothing...

- Gyu Lim's heart really impressed me - he could barely walk because of the leg kicks halfway through the fight but still kept pressing forward and actually won the 5th round in my opinion. Apparantly he had to be carried to the post-fight press conference. If you didn't watch the fight, I highly recommend you checking it out.

- Saffiedine looked incredibly skilled, but seemed content to let the fight go to decision. There were several times were I felt he could have finished Lim if he had wanted to, but was content to just lay on top him.

Post Count
    For some reason Terec was tired as . Maybe the rust or the trip to Singapore and tough weigh cut? That prevented him from finishing the fight IMO.
    Also he must to work on his ground game - he was losing positions and was unable to create for the punches.

Lim looks limited on his standup, still leaving his leg to be kicked.
    Of course he is big , of course he's got heart but all in all I don't know if he can be top UFC fighter without the technique

Max halloway always fun to watch.

Thread Information