Post Count
    lost to Portland a year ago
    Lillard handing McFail the pink slip
    second playoff series win in 20 years
    fewer playoff series wins in the same time span than Portland
    Rockets
    Houston
    Joel Osteen
    All of that and the Spurs still haven't beaten the Rockets in a playoff series. You should hope that changes.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of that and the Spurs still haven't beaten the Rockets in a playoff series. You should hope that changes.
    I certainly hope it does but it doesn't change the facts

haven't played Houston in the playoffs in 20 years
    Houston's almost never there
    loses as the 4/5 seed in the first round

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah but every time the Rockets and Spurs have met in the playoffs, the Spurs clearly had a more superior team and star power and still lost to the Rockets as they went to the Finals the last two times.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Clearly we were robbed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but every time the Rockets and Spurs have met in the playoffs, the Spurs clearly had a more superior team and star power and still lost to the Rockets as they went to the Finals the last two times.
    Which, again, was 20 years ago. Duncan was still at Wake FFS. Kawhi Leonard was barely 4 years old. Prior to that ONE playoff series victory, you have to go all the way back to the beginning of the 80s for the other two times it's happened. My parents were graduating high school the last time, before 1995, the Rockets and Spurs played in the playoffs.

Rocketfan's only card to play in the rivalry is legacy, and that's against the most successful professional sports franchise in the US for the past two decades. Rockets may very well up their all-time playoff record vs. the Spurs to 4-0, but let's not on the most recent team in a long, long line of teams to embarrass Houston post-Hakeem Olajuwon.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "Rocketfan's only card to play in the rivalry is legacy, and that's against the most successful professional sports franchise in the US for the past two decades."

The New England Patriots?

Sorry, you must have meant the New York Yankees.

That said, toast to you because you are right that even if the Rockets beat the Spurs--if they get that far--it won't change much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rocketfan's only card to play in the rivalry is legacy, and that's against the most successful professional sports franchise in the US for the past two decades."

The New England Patriots?

Sorry, you must have meant the New York Yankees.
    Note that I said "past two decades" first. In the past twenty years, the Yankees have won 5 World Series les, equal to the Spurs' 5 NBA les. The Patriots have won 4 in that timespan. The Patriots have missed the playoffs five times since the last Houston Rockets championship, the Yankees have missed three postseasons since 1995. The Spurs have missed the playoffs just once since then, the season before Duncan was drafted. Since Duncan was drafted and the Spurs won their first le, they've been the winningest professional franchise in all North American sports - ahead of second place New England, third place New York Yankees, and fourth place Detroit Red Wings. Furthermore, just this season, the Spurs won enough games to pass the LA Lakers for winningest NBA franchise in all of league history.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Note that I said "past two decades" first. In the past twenty years, the Yankees have won 5 World Series les, equal to the Spurs' 5 NBA les. The Patriots have won 4 in that timespan. The Patriots have missed the playoffs five times since the last Houston Rockets championship, the Yankees have missed three postseasons since 1995. The Spurs have missed the playoffs just once since then, the season before Duncan was drafted. Since Duncan was drafted and the Spurs won their first le, they've been the winningest professional franchise in all North American sports - ahead of second place New England, third place New York Yankees, and fourth place Detroit Red Wings. Furthermore, just this season, the Spurs won enough games to pass the LA Lakers for winningest NBA franchise in all of league history.
    All that matters are les.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

I'm sorry those teams didn't TANK to set their franchise up for more prosperity. I know, thems bes fightin' werds on this site, I'm just messing with you. And I'm guessing you mean winning percentage. There's no way the Spurs have won more than a virtual original NBA franchise that has done nothing but win since it came in the league.

Thread Information