Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You are and will be, it's just sad how I'm all you want to do and I think you're too stupid to even talk to. And here you will be from now on following me around because I knew ya would, yep....OWNED!

Just tell a moron they will be ignored and you will be stuck with them, they can't help it. Yep, I am a master at this as we will see from this freak.

See ya~~~~~~~~
    What exactly am I doing differently? Hey, way off topic, did Judy ever show you that thing she does with jolly ranchers and pop rocks?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Been into track for a long time, noway the 200m is close to the 4x1 for obvious reasons. Every team will have a 200m guy in the 4x1. So not sure what your talking about there. Usually the 4x1 is the first event in high school.

And, if a coach is putting a relay over an individual goal he is a coach. Athletes don't train for relay glory, they are into personal glory.

Yesm using times in different heats to determine placing totally sucke, one of the major reasons is the wind. It wil, usually be different. Which just isn;t fair for that heat at + 1 vs that heat at + 2.
    Wasn't the coach. It was my friend who ran the 4th leg on the relay. We'd been 2nd or 3rd the previous years and this was our best chance to take 1st. I was young and y and probably thought there was something "cool" about skipping a race. Also hindsight is 20/20. I probably didn't realize how easy it would have been to pick up a medal in the 200. What I didn't want to do is bust my ass in the 200 and possibly not medal. And get tired for the relay where I knew we were going to medal and were the favorites to get a gold.

And now while I'm ranting...another dumb thing was that they wouldn't let me run the 100 on the team even though I always had the fastest or 2nd fastest time. Now that I look back, I realize that it's because this was my friend's best race and his parents were friends with the coach.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There ya have it gang, just tell an idiot (I, Hustle) they will be ignored and here they come, yep, a master at work, ha~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you just hang in there, avante. we'll get this "Free Jared Movement" kick started. i'm gonna help with your dream.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasn't the coach. It was my friend who ran the 4th leg on the relay. We'd been 2nd or 3rd the previous years and this was our best chance to take 1st. I was young and y and probably thought there was something "cool" about skipping a race. Also hindsight is 20/20. I probably didn't realize how easy it would have been to pick up a medal in the 200. What I didn't want to do is bust my ass in the 200 and possibly not medal. And get tired for the relay where I knew we were going to medal and were the favorites to get a gold.

And now while I'm ranting...another dumb thing was that they wouldn't let me run the 100 on the team even though I always had the fastest or 2nd fastest time. Now that I look back, I realize that it's because this was my friend's best race and his parents were friends with the coach.

Who gets tired in high school? I ran both sprints, both relays and long jumped. Tired????

Too much talk about the relay there. Keep in mind that is just one medal, where as the four sprinters that make up a relay could bring in 4 seperate medals...potentially. The relays came after our individual events where I came from.

For your coach to not allow you to run the 100 makes no sense at all. All the 100m will do is make you a better 200m and vice versa.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you just hang in there, avante. we'll get this "Free Jared Movement" kick started. i'm gonna help with your dream.
    Who?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speed at 100m

Most speedy footballers can hang with world class sprinters for about 40-50m, then the difference between the two starts becoming real obvious. Legit sprinters are able to hold on/sustain/maintain a huge % of their maximum velocity, the reason being they train with 300m and 400m running. While footballers don't. Footballers don't possess the same level of....speed endurance. And SE is the key to "world class" sprinting.

At 40-60 the guy is just in the pack, and would be with fast footballers, then watch what happens, yep.....speed endurance. And he isn't speeding up, all he is doing is holding on as others begin to weaken.

Yes I now, you are thinking.... yes he is speeding up.....trust me, he isn't. What you are really seeing is a different level of decelleration due to superior SE.

Speaking of footballers, Marvin Bracey (made our Oly team) gave this up for sprinting.

Last edited by Avante; 07-28-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who gets tired in high school? I ran both sprints, both relays and long jumped. Tired????

Too much talk about the relay there. Keep in mind that is just one medal, where as the four sprinters that make up a relay could bring in 4 seperate medals...potentially. The relays came after our individual events where I came from.

For your coach to not allow you to run the 100 makes no sense at all. All the 100m will do is make you a better 200m and vice versa.
    It was middle school. But regardless, as I said, the 200 was right before (or very close) to the relay. This was state so I would have had to run 2 heats in the 200. Might not have been tired, but it certainly would have taken something out of me. Then have to run at least 2 heats in the relay. After having had to do high jump earlier in the day. Trust me little guy, I wouldn't have been 100%.

I agree that it doesn't make any sense for me not to run the 100. But as I mentioned, I think there were some politics going on.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was middle school. But regardless, as I said, the 200 was right before (or very close) to the relay. This was state so I would have had to run 2 heats in the 200. Might not have been tired, but it certainly would have taken something out of me. Then have to run at least 2 heats in the relay. After having had to do high jump earlier in the day. Trust me little guy, I wouldn't have been 100%.

I agree that it doesn't make any sense for me not to run the 100. But as I mentioned, I think there were some politics going on.
    A state meet in middle school? The 200m close to a 4x1 on a schedule?

The 4x1 is the first event, the reason being the athletes will all have other events to compete in so ya get it out of the way early on.

A high jumper who sprinted?

And at that age, yes you would have been at 100%. Very common for athletes at that level to compete in a mul ude of events (usually at the NCAA level you go with your best). I remember seeing Gary Ard of Modesto JC...

leads off the 4x1
    triple jump
    long jump
    anchors the 4x4

..that was a dual meet. Then once he got to Kansas, he just long jumped (best event) and ran a leg on the 4x1.

From what you;'ve said it appears your coach was an idiot.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-28-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last NCAA track season a big white cat named John Teeters (Oklahoma St) ran a 10.00 100m (Oly trials) that is the fastest 100m ever ran by a white American. Ya wanna see a great example of the difference in speed between blacks and whites? The HIGH SCHOOL record is 10.00 by black sprinter Trendarvis Friday.

He wouldn't even make the final. And there is no doubt with that kind of size/muscularity he is juicing.

Couldn't find that 10.00.

Obviously he's not hard to find here, ha~~~~

Last edited by Avante; 07-28-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Last NCAA track season a big white cat named John Teeters (Oklahoma St) ran a 10.00 100m (Oly trials) that is the fastest 100m ever ran by a white American. Ya wanna see a great example of the difference in speed between blacks and whites? The HIGH SCHOOL record is 10.00 by black sprinter Trendarvis Friday.

He wouldn't even make the final. And there is no doubt with that kind of size/muscularity he is juicing.

Couldn't find thast 10.00.

Obviously he's not hard to find here, ha~~~~

Racist.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absolutely/100% racist, I don't play silly ass games. We are without question different only an idiot like you wouldn't get that.

Stupid, you really have never noticed we are different? Really?

Stupid, why won't we see "one" white sprinter in that Olympic 100m, well?

I could rattle off a 100 black kick returners similiar to this one. Where is the white guy, well?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where is that white running back who belongs in this gang?

Jim Brown
    Adrian Peterson
    Barry Sanders
    Emmitt Smith
    Walter Payton
    Eric erson
    Marcus Allen
    Gale Sayers
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    Marshall Faulk
    Jerome Bettis
    Tony Dorsett
    O.J.Simpson
    Curtis Martin
    Frank Gore
    Edgerrin James
    Earl Campbell
    Franco Harris
    Thurman Thomas
    Roger Craig
    Jamaal Charles
    Terrell Davis
    Chris Johnson

well?

Give me a white cornerback, where are they?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do get a kick out of....."you racist"....when all the stats tell us yes we do see huge differences between the races. Intellect? Crime? Sports? Music?

Anything thinking we don't have huge differences is one dumb muther er.

A Chinaman trying this, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A state meet in middle school? The 200m close to a 4x1 on a schedule?

The 4x1 is the first event, the reason being the athletes will all have other events to compete in so ya get it out of the way early on.

A high jumper who sprinted?

And at that age, yes you would have been at 100%. Very common for athletes at that level to compete in a mul ude of events (usually at the NCAA level you go with your best). I remember seeing Gary Ard of Modesto JC...

leads off the 4x1
    triple jump
    long jump
    anchors the 4x4

..that was a dual meet. Then once he got to Kansas, he just long jumped (best event) and ran a leg on the 4x1.

From what you;'ve said it appears your coach was an idiot.
    It was through RA's. Yes there were regionals and state. With medals and everything.

Yep...I did high jump and sprints. Didn't medal in state in the high jump.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was through RA's. Yes there were regionals and state. With medals and everything.

Yep...I did high jump and sprints. Didn't medal in state in the high jump.
    What state are you talking about? I've never heard of state meets at that level.

Other than decathletes it really is rare to see a high jumper/sprinter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What state are you talking about? I've never heard of state meets at that level.

Other than decathletes it really is rare to see a high jumper/sprinter.
    Texas.

And it's middle school dip . A good athlete in middle school can do lots of things.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Texas.

And it's middle school dip . A good athlete in middle school can do lots of things.
    So what were your PR's?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Texas.

He would have loved to have been in that locker room

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No I wouldn't have so why lie ya ing ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lolz.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what were your PR's?
    I have no clue. It was a long time ago.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have no clue. It was a long time ago.
    Forget PR's, I'm sure ya can remember some time or height, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Forget PR's, I'm sure ya can remember some time or height, right?
    No...really can't. My high jump was pretty close to a round number. Can't remember if it was 5 or 6 feet. Whichever is more likely for a decent middle school high jumper.

I think our relay was in the 40's.

My 200 was maybe around 20.

I really don't know. I've done a lot since then.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No...really can't. My high jump was pretty close to a round number. Can't remember if it was 5 or 6 feet. Whichever is more likely for a decent middle school high jumper.

I think our relay was in the 40's.

My 200 was maybe around 20.

I really don't know. I've done a lot since then.
    The high school record at 200m is 20.13. You might have broke 30.0

The hs 4x1 record is 39 something by a Texas school. You guys might have broke 46ish.

Current....that 20.09 was ran vs open compe ion, it won;t count as a new record.

200 METERS
    20.09 Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Va)
    20.14 Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, Ca)
    20.56(A) *Shamon Ehiemua (Marshall, Missouri City, Tx)
    20.66 ***Tyrese Cooper (American, Hialeah, Fl)
    20.71 *Champion Allison (George Ranch, Rosenberg, Tx)
    (A) Maxwell Willis (Carroll, Washington, DC)
    20.77 *Micaiah Harris (Western Branch, Chesapeake, Va)
    20.78 *Khance Meyers (East, Kentwood, Mi)
    20.82(A) Dartez Hamlin (Burges, El Paso, Tx)
    20.83 Josh Eiker (Galesburg, Il)

Thread Information