Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    im a pretty big wilson fan, and even i can't get behind Avante on his Wilson takes
    I simply go with reality, Wilson is just a...THIRD..year QB. No...THIRD...year QB has ever done it better. You don't compare a guy with only three seasons vs one with 10 or more. You compare them both at their three year careers.

Nobody has done more after three.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Replace Brees on the '09 Saints with Struggle and they miss the playoffs.
    Put Brees on any team after just three seasons and they suck. He sucked!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Put Brees on any team after just three seasons and they suck. He sucked!
    Put third-year Brees on the current Seahawks and not only do they still win last year, they also don't lose this year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Put third-year Brees on the current Seahawks and not only do they still win last year, they also don't lose this year.
    Why not actually take just a few minutes and educate yourself ok stupid? Don't confuse the recent Drew Brees to the young one with just three years of NFL experience, that was a whole other deal. But being a dummy you don't know this.

Dude, please stop trying to talk abouit things you know absolutely nothing about, ok? You do it constantly.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sure see a lot of midgets running their mouth, what I don't see is anyone dealing with context/perspective.

I'll say it again and this is a challenge.

What QB had a better first three seasons than RW?

You won't find one. How about just a tad bit of perspective here, ok?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    What Marino did in his first three seasons is way more impressive.

No way the 1984 Dolphins make the Super Bowl or the 1985 AFC le game with RW as their QB. Its not happening. Not good enough to carry those defenses.

And the 2013 Seahawks get curb stomped by the 1984 Niners.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What Marino did in his first three seasons is way more impressive.

No way the 1984 Dolphins make the Super Bowl or the 1985 AFC le game with RW as their QB. Its not happening. Not good enough to carry those defenses.

And the 2013 Seahawks get curb stomped by the 1984 Niners.
    Trust me, none of those 80's teams are beating any decent team today, ok? Too small, too weak and too slow, ok?

See, it takes Dan Marino...cool!

He started less games, he didn't win as many, he had an infrerior comp %, he had an inferior td/int ratio, he had an inferior passEr rating, than RW. Go ahead...Google it. And he lost his SB.

How many QB's stepped right in and...playoffs! Superbowl win! Superbowl....and never missed a game. While setting records and doing things never done before,...well?

I noticed ya dropped trying to compare Brees's first three seasons, not even in the same state.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    And if RW hands off to Lynch he has two SB wins in far less games.

And it's all about playing for Championships, RW has played in two in just three seasons. You can try and slice n' dice it anyway ya want, what RW has done with his lack of experience is far more impressive than what Brees has done, when it comes to Championships.
    the loser of the super bowl is a loser all the same.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the loser of the super bowl is a loser all the same.
    Some win one and lose one, while tons never even play in one.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    And playing in a SB, even winning one does not make you a great QB, whether 3 years in or 10.

AKA Dilfer, B. Johnson. Usually those types of teams have some serious limitations, but overcome those limitations with other factors. In those such cases the defenses carried thos teams to SB wins or even just getting there. That appears to be the case for RW as well.

Wilson is going to be out of the league in probably about 4 seasons. He's a terrible QB. All he can do is throw deep 50-50 balls and run around some. When the Seahawks are forced to rely on him to win--which they will be after they pay him--they are going to suck and he's going to be out of a job.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Avante trolling the out of everyone in this thread, tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wilson is going to be out of the league in probably about 4 seasons. He's a terrible QB. All he can do is throw deep 50-50 balls and run around some. When the Seahawks are forced to rely on him to win--which they will be after they pay him--they are going to suck and he's going to be out of a job.
    There is no QB in the league in the RW era who has had more 4th quarter td winning drives than he's had, go ahead Google it.

Russell Wilson is a top 10 QB right now, by the end of this decade he will be among the top 4 in the league. Bank it. just like me telling everyone he'd be special. Will he ever be in any discussion with Montana. Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Johnny U, Otto...nope!

Leaves the college game has the all time passing leader, in his rookie season..rookie td record/playoffs. In his second season...SUPERBOWL CHAMP. In his third season, one foot from winning another Superbowl. Who else has ever done this, yep...nobody!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time it was the fullback who was your stud runner, Jim Brown was a fullback, Jim Taylor a fullback. What is a fullback today if we even see one? There was a time when a TE was just another lineman who caught an occasional pass. Enter John Mackey and then Kellon Winslow*** took it to an even higher level. Russell Wilson is the first of the great run/pass QB's, that the NCAA is full of. Who has won the last three Heismans, yep...running QB's&&. This stupid.....ya gotta throw the ball all over the place is how dumb s talk, no ya don't. And RW is proving that. He is where the league is heading, watch and see. We are seeing more and more black QB's with some wheels playing for top schools, now think.

*** no it wasn't Tony Gonzalez that changed the position, it was Winslow.

&& compare Winston to Peyton/Brady when it comes to mobility.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Post Count
    There is no QB in the league in the RW era who has had more 4th quarter td winning drives than he's had, go ahead Google it.
    With how stacked Struggle's supporting cast is, the fact that he needs so many late touchdown drives to win is telling. Give a real elite QB that supporting cast and the majority of fourth quarters would be garbage time.

Russell Wilson is a top 10 QB right now, by the end of this decade he will be among the top 4 in the league.

In before you trot out the disingenuous tactic of only comparing the first three years while ignoring that Struggle was handed arguably the most fortunate situation of any rookie QB ever. Most rookie starting QB's are expected to turn around horrible teams, which is why they're not winning Super Bowls immediately. You know this, but you'll keep ignoring it to prop up Struggle.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Avante trolling the out of everyone in this thread, tbh.
    Avante couldn't troll a fish.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With how stacked Struggle's supporting cast is, the fact that he needs so many late touchdown drives to win is telling. Give a real elite QB that supporting cast and the majority of fourth quarters would be garbage time.

In before you trot out the disingenuous tactic of only comparing the first three years while ignoring that Struggle was handed arguably the most fortunate situation of any rookie QB ever. Most rookie starting QB's are expected to turn around horrible teams, which is why they're not winning Super Bowls immediately.
    So we need to kck Bart Starr out of the HOF, keep in mind he had TWO HOF backs and a defense with four HOFers on it. So we need to kick Terry Bradshaw out of the HOF, he had a HOF...

center
    running back
    TWO wide receivers
    defensive lineman
    TWO linebackers
    cornerback

Where is Warner without Faulk, Holt and Bruce? Where is Troy without Emmitt, Irvin and Jay?

RW is an amazing talent, yep just like all those who understand the game say he is. It's only dumb s like you who don't get it.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2015 at 03:43 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    all the great QB's are known for their game winning drives

step your troll game up

Post Count
    all the great QB's are known for their game winning drives

step your troll game up
    Great QB's are also known for being first options who have to carry their teams to wins, not role players on stacked teams.

You must think Kirby is better than Duncan, too

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Great QB's are also known for being first options who have to carry their teams to wins, not role players on stacked teams.

i've never put wilson in the same class as montana, brady, manning, rodgers... so no

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    RW completes that pass, we see a whole different deal here. Now he becomes an elite QB, one of the greats, the best young Q in the league, his rookie card sky rockets, he's on Letterman, a Wheatie's box, more commercials.

So because of one pass....

Come on people stop acting ing re ed, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Most QB's aren't surrounded by non drafted receivers and no TE.

Stop ignoring the fact he is just a third year guy, ok? You honestly don't get this at all, do you?

Most QB's aren't surrounded by non drafted receivers and no TE.

Stop ignoring the fact he is just a third year guy, ok? You honestly don't get this at all, do you?

Post Count
    RW completes that pass, we see a whole different deal here. Now he becomes an elite QB, one of the greats, the best young Q in the league, his rookie card sky rockets, he's on Letterman, a Wheatie's box, more commercials. So because of one pass.... Come on people stop acting ing re ed, ok?
    Struggle didn't complete that pass, though. One ing yard, Super Bowl on the line, and he gagged in historic fashion. Stop playing the "what-if" game to prop up Struggle and join the rest of us in the real world.

Post Count
    Most QB's aren't surrounded by non drafted receivers and no TE. Stop ignoring the fact he is just a third year guy, ok? You honestly don't get this at all, do you?
    Great QB's elevate their receivers by being able to read a defense and consistently place the ball in the right spot. If Amendola or Edelman had Struggle as their QB, they'd be out of the league by now or on the practice squad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Great QB's elevate their receivers by being able to read a defense and consistently place the ball in the right spot. If Amendola or Edelman had Struggle as their QB, they'd be out of the league by now or on the practice squad.
    Compare RW's comp % with anyone elses. Yep, wrong yet again

Imagine RW with the Thomas's, Welker and Sanders? How about, Jefferson, Joiner and Winslow? , The Gronk! Give him Edelman, a 100/1000 guy.

Why do you even try and talk football?

Thread Information