My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol where da fuk waz he last yr tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye Cruz...

This offseason has been another massive disappointment for the Rangers tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Daniels playin chess per par...

Solid acquisition tbh love the baserunning and the hitting, don't like the cold streaks on offense but his defense rarely takes a day off. Contract is abnormally long, must have been a coveted agent for JD. I like this signing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers continue to get worse.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contract seems a bit long, but I like this signing. Choo is a more than solid bat with consistent defense. He put up a slash of .285/.423/.462 last year, along with 21 homeruns and 20 stolen bases.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Jon Daniels playin chess per par...

Solid acquisition tbh love the baserunning and the hitting, don't like the cold streaks on offense but his defense rarely takes a day off. Contract is abnormally long, must have been a coveted agent for JD. I like this signing tbh
    Not really a great defender, other than his outstanding throwing arm. Has all the tools to be a great outfielder, but I've read he can be a space cadet out in the field. Not a huge deal because in most games and on most plays, he'll be good enough. But it will be the occasional unexpected botched play or mental error at a crucial and inopportune time that may have you scratching your head.

Honestly, I've liked Choo as a player for a while. I got to watch him quite a bit when he was still playing for Cleveland. For a couple of those years in Cleveland, I felt he was one of MLB's most underrated players. He's a true five tool player that could be one of the top 20 or so players in either league if he put everything together. Can't say he's worth as much as the Rangers paid him, but we can say that about 75% of MLB contracts anyway. And like Fielder, his bat should do very well playing in Rangers stadium. And I actually think Choo will age well because he doesn't rely too heavily on any one thing, power or speed or contact. I think he'll produce at an acceptable clip later in his contract, at least compared to other longterm contract players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good signing...the people bashing the signing as horrible in here are either angry, or don't watch enough baseball. Rangers have had a decent offseason. This is a small field...we'll see a good amount of homers this year on the Rangers side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good signing...the people bashing the signing as horrible in here are either angry, or don't watch enough baseball. Rangers have had a decent offseason. This is a small field...we'll see a good amount of homers this year on the Rangers side.
    Not just worried about homers; I'm worried about consistency. The Rangers let go of some of their better prospects (Gentry) and proven players (Kinsler, Cruz, as well as Napoli the year before) for hit-and-miss vets (Pierzynski), playoff chokers (Prince), and overrated players (Choo). Choo in particular struggles with hitting lefties and looked as good as he did because he batted in front of and behind better players (Votto, Arroyo to name a few). The issues from the last few seasons are still very much there, including terrible clutch hitting, poor fielding in crucial moments, and, even with the driving force behind some of these moves being to acquire more power hitting, they won't overcome the losses of Cruz and Kinsler's bats.
    Last edited by Robz4000; 12-23-2013 at 04:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just worried about homers; I'm worried about consistency. The Rangers let go of some of their better prospects (Gentry) and proven players (Kinsler, Cruz, as well as Napoli the year before) for hit-and-miss vets (Pierzynski), playoff chokers (Prince), and overrated players (Choo). Choo in particular struggles with hitting lefties and looked as good as he did because he batted in front of and behind better players (Votto, Arroyo to name a few). The issues from the last few seasons are still very much there, including terrible clutch hitting, poor fielding in crucial moments, and, even with the driving force behind some of these moves being to acquire more power hitting, they won't overcome the losses of Cruz and Kinsler's bats.
    Disagree with your assessment. Gentry could not get on the field cause he was never good enough to be more than the 5th or 6th outfielder. Kinslers numbers have been regressing now for 3 seasons and the guy seems to be getting injured more and more each season and Cruz just simply was not worth the $ he wanted this summer. As far as Napoli, the guy strikes out almost 200 x a year, so I never missed him a bit once he left. I think Prince and Choo are pretty good signings but only time will tell. But as far as what they gave up, its defiantly an upgrade for the offense and pretty even on the defensive side of the ball.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loading up the left side hitting.....Right now for 2014 the Rangers are at
    15 total players, $115,925,000 total salary, $7,728,333 avg salary.

The Yankees for 2014 are at 15 total players, $177,667,857 total salary, $11,844,524
    avg salary. Last year they were at $224 mil.......

*All of the totals are subject to trade and signings.

Thread Information