Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Daniel Le Ba gave his vote to readers of Deadspin. He got banned from voting for life and stripped of his 'media' credential for a year

Baseball

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Revealed: The Hall Of Fame Voter Who Turned His Ballot Over To Deadspin
    http://deadspin.com/revealed-the-hal...lot-1496558341

Dan Le Ba Loses Hall Of Fame Vote, Suspended From BBWAA
    http://deadspin.com/dan-le-ba -lo...m-b-1498090172

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the mid-90's he was in GOD mode.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    using the steroid era as an excuse to exclude Maddux. I'm sure Maddux really needed those roids for his 86 MPH fastball.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Maddux, whose Hall of Fame career was with Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs, will go into the HOF this summer without a team logo on his cap.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Greg Maddux, whose Hall of Fame career was with Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs, will go into the HOF this summer without a team logo on his cap.
    That's bullcrap. He, like Randy Johnson, were very good in there first stop, be it Chicago or Seatlle, but all-Time Greats in Atlanta and Arizona.

The HoF needs to step up and choose for the player. It means a great deal to a fanbase to have a player wearing their team's logo in the Hall. I'm gonna be pissed when Randy goes this route. Despite 4 Cy Young's, a World Series, a World Series MVP, and a Perfect Game in Arizona.

I don't give a about sentiment.

Maddux is a Brave.

Johnson is a Diamondback.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's bullcrap. He, like Randy Johnson, were very good in there first stop, be it Chicago or Seatlle, but all-Time Greats in Atlanta and Arizona.

The HoF needs to step up and choose for the player. It means a great deal to a fanbase to have a player wearing their team's logo in the Hall. I'm gonna be pissed when Randy goes this route. Despite 4 Cy Young's, a World Series, a World Series MVP, and a Perfect Game in Arizona.

Maddux is a Brave.

Obviously YMMV since I'm assuming you're a D-Backs fan, but I'll always think of the Big Unit as a Mariner. Maddux should go in as a Brave though, I agree with that,

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You can think something just fine, but 75% of Johnson's success came in Arizona.

He's a Diamondback.

He was a thrower in Seattle.

He became a pitcher in Arizona.

Every aspect of significance is bettered in Arizona.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maddux is a Brave.

Its his choice. Other players have done it that way. Catfish Hunter was one. Tony La Russa, is another. HOF said its ok when
    a player or manger had good stops at more than one team. I think of Maddux as a Brave, Hunter as Yankee and La Russa as a Card.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Its his choice. Other players have done it that way. Catfish Hunter was one. Tony La Russa, is another. HOF said its ok when
    a player or manger had good stops at more than one team. I think of Maddux as a Brave, Hunter as Yankee and La Russa as a Card.
    It's still bullcrap. At least for players.

Nobody collects manager cards or wears manager jersey's.

It's one thing if there's no hat at all, but since there is, you better have your dominant team affiliation.

I know Wade Boggs made a farce of the hat, but it is sacred and the Braves and Diamondbacks did right by both, paying big money, winning les/awards, letting them go/trading to contenders when team slipped, but always treating them as royalty.

It's goddamn important and shouldn't be brushed off as "I can't decide!" so no logo. The Hall should weigh the stats/success/tenure and make the decision.

Or do away with hats and just have busts like other Halls.

Thread Information