Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    letting your girlfriend's sister dump her problems on you

You gonna adopt her kid after she doesn't want a child anymore?
    No lyfe scrub sounds like the type of person that gets duped all the time by random people.

Does she at least pay for the cat food and or did she dumped that responsibility on you too?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I get the notion of reciprocity. A bad animal is a bad animal. At the same time the capacity of another human to love something unconditionally should not be demeaned. There is also a converse.

Hating on cats because they don't instantly love you is the equivalent of getting mad at your date because shes not under the table sucking your because you took her to Chili's.

I don't get emotional like that towards my cat or dog though. I am not a fan of dogs because they eat . When you have to buy a shock collar to keep the er out of the litterbox then that is a problem. And lick my face? that.
    Luckily my 10 year old dog has no interest in my 6 month old kitten's litter, or food. Pets are generally a reflection of their owners in my experience.
    In regards to the OP, you're a dumb who violated your lease. Pay up.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Rogue ain't really from China, we've been duped
    agree, awesome logic... s wouldn't allow any cats to walk through the campus, or anywhere. cats are food to them s, not pets. s would catch the cats on sight, slice them in pieces and throw them into the pan right away

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love cats. And dogs. But I don't think I could deal with them in a small apartment. Listen to Summers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    agree, awesome logic... s wouldn't allow any cats to walk through the campus, or anywhere. cats are food to them s, not pets. s would catch the cats on sight, slice them in pieces and throw them into the pan right away
    Yeah yeah yeah...cheap, but u left the door open

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This took place nigh on 50 years ago in the suburban hamlet of Brookpark, Ohio. I was collecting my paper route one night when I came upon a standard brown lunch bag laying on the sidewalk. I picked it up---it felt heavy, solid. I open it up and inside is a perfectly sectioned kitten. Not an ounce of blood was present anywhere, just the body parts of a cat formed as if the cat was alive and laying flat in that lunch bag. I God's.

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my ty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.
    Why in the did you come on here asking this ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Lmao could have least fronted and said you had two pits...

I would like to request more info..

1. Do you believe you were born gay, or is it a choice?
    2. What are your cat's names?
    3. Did the closet break when you came flying out of it?

holy . Every once in a while something beautiful like this comes by in forum history.
    Last edited by Thebesteva; 01-09-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    OP right here

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Pay and keep both cats. What could happen?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ask newton to help you pay the fee.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Newton

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    maybe you can donate the cats to a teacher who also loves cats. the campus can be a new home to them cats imho. I usually see cats walking leisurely around on our campus as well, and sometimes they even loiter into the classroom when the class is going on. The cats are the hosts of our school imho, while we the students are the guests. All it takes is a teacher who loves cats and who offers them food on a regular basis.
    dont listen to this chinese clown,

he wants to eat it

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my ty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.
    You would probably get a 30-day notice, which is not an eviction, but I wouldn't tempt fate either way. As of when I was still working in real estate/property management, an eviction stays on your record for ten years. And if a previous landlord reference mentions the 30-day notice, that could also be a red flag. We wouldn't have rented any of our units, no matter how ty, to applicants with past evictions or who had been given a notice to vacate the premises for violating the terms of their lease (which, regardless the landlord's dedication to necessary repairs, you've done).

None of which is to say that a 30-day notice, or even a legal eviction proceeding, means you'll be homeless for the rest of your life. Plenty of private owners and even professional management companies won't check your past rental history or won't care much the information they get back, but you usually don't want to rent from those people. It has been my experience, both as property manager and property renter, that apartments you can get into without a rigorous application process are ones you probably don't want to live in.

I'm a pet lover, so I understand that it's a tough decision, but my advice would be to find a new home for your cats or to find a new home for you. And to do so quickly, before the management company takes things to the next level. Also keep in mind that if you're still in the lease period, the management company can break it early but you likely cannot do so legally. Whatever you choose to do, I would keep in close contact with the landlords and let them know your intentions so that you can hopefully find a compromise or work out some sort of arrangement. When I was in the business, we had a lot of arrogant young college students who were mighty surprised to discover they had been sent to collections or had something else on their record because they didn't pay enough attention to what their responsibilities were as a renter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Well, my opinion on this is going to be skewed by the fact that I managed apartments for 10 years. So here's my take (and advice) on it.

I would avoid being evicted at all costs if I were you. It may not sound like a big deal, but you've signed a lease that says you'll pay rent for a full year. If you get evicted because you've broken the rules, you will still owe them rent for a full year. And they will get their money. They will put a lien on your credit, which means when you're ready to buy a new car, you can't until you pay off the apartment complex. If your parents are your cosigners, they will get a lien on their credit. Check with your parents to see if they'd like to have a lien on their credit.

It doesn't matter how ty the apartment is or how ty the maintenance is or how rude the manager is. If you signed a lease saying you understand you are not allowed to have pets or you will notify management if you get a pet and pay a pet deposit, then you are breaking the lease. It was your decision to get the cats when you knew you weren't supposed to have them. If you couldn't afford the deposit, you shouldn't have made the commitment to get the cats. Suck it up and pay the fee. I was always willing to work with tenants and let them pay pet fees over 3 months, but that's because I was an incredibly nice apartment manager. Yours may not be, but it doesn't hurt to ask. At this point she's probably just annoyed you lied about the cats and now you're being a baby about paying the fees you owe her.

Lastly, as a former apartment manager, here's my rant about people and their damn pets. Everyone thinks his pet doesn't stink, but *every* animal leaves an apartment smelling like piss and sometimes poop. Every single one. Animals stink to those of us who don't live with them. One cat in the apartment for a year means that brand new carpet has to be replaced again at a cost of over $1000 because it smells like piss. Cats spray the walls. Sometimes they spray the electrical outlets and short-circuit an entire wall. Dogs chew the carpet and the window frames and the doors and the air-intake covers. That is the purpose of the animal deposit, but it usually only covers a fraction of the damage pets do.
    Or I could have just read a little bit further and said "what Summers said."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    something that you feed, clean up after and take care of better love you unconditionally. Owning a cat that doesn't show any appreciation is the equivalent of being a cuckold with a wife who uses your money for "personal training sessions" with the guy she's ing
    Cats show tons of appreciation. They just do it differently.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's good OP is opening up on a forum that cares and is always here for you

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cats show tons of appreciation. They just do it differently.
    Some can be just like dogs, I had a Cat (stray kitten) that ran up to me like a puppy dog, she was very loyal, & she even walked with me to the corner store. Problem was she had tons of kittens before we got her spayed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's good OP is opening up on a forum that cares and is always here for you

If you can make it past the first page of people lolling at you you'll eventually get to the ones who give honest and quality advises.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My girl moved in with me and she has a 1-year old cat/kitten, that is probably the dopest cat I've met, he's entertaining and playful, tbh..he plays with my dog all the time, saves me time from playing with him on some nights..

I would never go out and get a cat, though.. being a "cat man", not surprised that FuzzyBlumpkins fits the discreption, tbh..teaching your dog to not eat feces takes like 10 seconds..

No Lyfe Scrub is so vanilla, tbh..echoes ESPN mainstream opinions, lame insults, he's a ing "cat man", and he allows his ing ugly girlfriend's sister to use him, tbh..smh..this boy needs a good game of Knockout with Trill..

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    big dog with the rare goods, tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You knew you we'rent allowed to take care of cats in your apartment but still did it? What a dumbass thing to do.

something that you feed, clean up after and take care of better love you unconditionally. Owning a cat that doesn't show any appreciation is the equivalent of being a cuckold with a wife who uses your money for "personal training sessions" with the guy she's ing
    SMH at all these cat haters..Cats are just like Dogs, some show appreciation some don't, they just do it a little bit differently...Choose the right breed.

OP, what breed is your cat?

I used to take care of two brothers like these a few years ago..

they passed away a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 01-09-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My girl moved in with me and she has a 1-year old cat/kitten, that is probably the dopest cat I've met, he's entertaining and playful, tbh..he plays with my dog all the time, saves me time from playing with him on some nights..

I would never go out and get a cat, though.. being a "cat man", not surprised that FuzzyBlumpkins fits the discreption, tbh..teaching your dog to not eat feces takes like 10 seconds..

No Lyfe Scrub is so vanilla, tbh..echoes ESPN mainstream opinions, lame insults, he's a ing "cat man", and he allows his ing ugly girlfriend's sister to use him, tbh..smh..this boy needs a good game of Knockout with Trill..
    Still smarting because your 'black coach' take looks worse as time goes by? How are Sac and Mem doing lately? At least we now understand fully that when you comment on coaching your takes are without merit.

I have a dog and he has been trained to not eat . Negative reinforcement works quickly.

That is besides the point. Dogs are carrion eaters and corpro es. Left to their own devices it is what as a species they turn to to survive. It is what it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Luckily my 10 year old dog has no interest in my 6 month old kitten's litter, or food. Pets are generally a reflection of their owners in my experience.
    In regards to the OP, you're a dumb who violated your lease. Pay up.
    Nice, in my experience hounds and other dogs that are low to the ground and track by scent will eat . This one is a spaniel. The shepherds, mastiffs and retrievers I have had typically have not. The samoyed wasn't a eater. I loved that dog.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This was never a thread about a lease --THIS IS A CAT THREAD!

Thread Information