Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Haven't seen the 2nd one yet, but this show is at the top of the TV priority list after the pilot..anybody else notice Brother Mouzone as one of the detectives investigating the true detectives?
    And don't forget the preacher played by Lester Freemon.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    And don't forget the preacher played by Lester Freemon.
    Which also connects to the medical examiner being played by Robinette from Treme.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Liked the first episode although it felt they were stretching to fill the time a bit. Will keep watching. Matthew McConaughey looks like Harry Dean Stanton's kid now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Just saw the 2nd ep...I love the methodical pace to it, but man this show is a mind that stays in your head afterwards. The dolls scene is kinda ed up and there's a lot of other random too (McConaughey checking his pulse, etc)...very dark, but not as hopeless as the Red Riding series felt. It's roped me in though for sure.

I sure as don't miss Louisiana though, and this show confirms it

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Finally got around to watching the second episode this morning. I love the pace of this show, so far, and love that people seem to be more and more willing to bring that pace to television.

Also, I'm surprised to be the first one mentioning Alexandra's double-Daddarios. Goodness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Au naturale, too

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    excellent once again

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Great show, Already the best show on TV. Matthew Mcconaughey is doing his finest work yet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Liking it so far.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I just watched the latest episode, and I thought it was the best one so far. The final scene was done perfectly with Matthew Mcconaughey's monster speech, the music, and then how the camera just freezes when they show the suspect to end it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Finally getting used to harrelson's mushmouth or he's toning it down a bit. The contradictions in both detectives are great. Was caring less about the procdure until the end of the episode of course.

I hope eli sideburns doesn't end up the killer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally getting used to harrelson's mushmouth or he's toning it down a bit. The contradictions in both detectives are great. Was caring less about the procdure until the end of the episode of course.

I hope eli sideburns doesn't end up the killer.
    Nucky won't be happy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just watched the latest episode, and I thought it was the best one so far. The final scene was done perfectly with Matthew Mcconaughey's monster speech, the music, and then how the camera just freezes when they show the suspect to end it.
    Matt is good, Woody's role should be done by someone else. I can't watch him and take him seriously.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Awesome show! Woody's gf does have an nice rack!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    First three episodes have been fantastic so far. Should be getting good next week. McConaughey has been great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    This is a great show. I just wish Michael Jackson wasn't in it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Marty's kids got some 'splainin to do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazing show... enjoying it more than any other series I've seen 3 episodes in. Can we assume the drawing of the spaghetti/green eared person was the guy mowing the school lawn?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazing show... enjoying it more than any other series I've seen 3 episodes in. Can we assume the drawing of the spaghetti/green eared person was the guy mowing the school lawn?
    Finally caught up and he was creepy as . Reminded me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally caught up and he was creepy as . Reminded me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.
    Yeah there was something up with him. Seem like he had some facial scars. Figured Rust would've picked up on it had he been given more time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Marty's kids got some 'splainin to do.
    No kidding lol... Avante watched that like 8 times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah there was something up with him. Seem like he had some facial scars. Figured Rust would've picked up on it had he been given more time.
    Pretty sure I killed him several times on Borderlands.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Also, I'm surprised to be the first one mentioning Alexandra's double-Daddarios. Goodness.
    When I heard that Alexandra Daddario was on this show and that the show was on HBO, I had my fingers crossed that she was going to come out topless. My wish came true. Knowing this, I'm going to give this show a shot. I have the first three eps on DVR, just needed a push to watch it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    When I heard that Alexandra Daddario was on this show and that the show was on HBO, I had my fingers crossed that she was going to come out topless. My wish came true. Knowing this, I'm going to give this show a shot. I have the first three eps on DVR, just needed a push to watch it.
    Dude that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

speaking of, This blew my ing mind. When I saw the suspect's picture I was like who the looks like that?

Dude is going to be in a couple more episodes too...

I think Hart is the killer though.

My wild speculation is I think it's one of Detective Hart's daughters that is a copy cat killer or knows the copy cat killer somehow. I think as the show progresses, it'll show that Hart's relationship was strained around the time of this case that later became a divorce and split up the family. It might cause some resentment from one his daughters or warp their viewpoint on relationships. His inquisitive daughter that likes to re-enact imaginary rape scenes with toy dolls and keeps getting caught drawing sexual organs at school stumbles upon Hart's casework one night while he's away and sees pictures of the ritual murder scene. It burns a memory in Hart's daughter's mind, who has already shown an early interest in sex and more importantly keeping secrets. I think Hart's daughter will get caught in the pros ution ring as this new murder is 10 years later and that would put Hart's daughter in her late teens to early twenties. Seems to be around that age when girls on this show start becoming pros utes. Given Hart's viewpoint on monogamous relationships, I think it's safe to say at least one of his daughter is gonna have daddy issues and be the village bicycle for older men. Why not the daughter that's also shown she's a bit perverse and acts out gangbangs with ken dolls and a single barbie doll? Also I think it would help explain why Hart and Cohle are being interviewed about their personal lives and thoughts while uncovering the case.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you changed avatar, sook, no love for our German Allah anymore?

Thread Information