Post Count

Height: 6-6
    Weight: 188 lbs
    Birthday: 07/13/1995
    Team: Australia Ins ute of Sport

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

------------------------------

Probably worth starting a thread on him now, as sources close to me are suggesting despite him saying he is 50/50 going straight to the NBA over Collage its more like 80/20.

have him as a top 3 in THIS years draft. May slide being a bit out of sight between now and the draft.
    Last edited by Bruno; 08-07-2013 at 07:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned it prior after he played at the Summit with those other kids who just got drafted, Exum could be anything. A rare talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats up with this kid? Is he going the NCAA route or staying overseas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There had been talk of him finishing school late this yr and starting college ball shortly after.
    There had also been talk that he was friendly with Wiggins and and might end up at Kansas like him.
    There had also been speculation that he may have been waiting for an offer from NC where Dad played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There had been talk of him finishing school late this yr and starting college ball shortly after.
    There had also been talk that he was friendly with Wiggins and and might end up at Kansas like him.
    There had also been speculation that he may have been waiting for an offer from NC where Dad played.
    and more recently when 27 teams said they would take him with their first pick if he was on the table, he has started looking at the NBA , because even if he was to go to college he was going to be a one and done guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and more recently when 27 teams said they would take him with their first pick if he was on the table, he has started looking at the NBA , because even if he was to go to college he was going to be a one and done guy.

Interesting, maybe just working out the logistics now until draft day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gosh, the aussies are ballin'.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh. what a nonsense. that's KPB quality homerism.
    ahh....and please give us a link where this 27 teams declare they will pick him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahh....and please give us a link where this 27 teams declare they will pick him.
    The I guess Givony is a homer, too. DX has him #3 overall in their 2014 mock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant link it, but as others can attest to around here, i have the insiders track on a few things that happen around basketball in Australia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The I guess Givony is a homer, too. DX has him #3 overall in their 2014 mock.
    talking about the: "..27 teams said they would pick him..." part, which is pure nonsense. when did ever a team announce who they will pick in a year from now. and he talks about 27(!) teams.
    KPB made up such "insider" stories about Greek players.

btw. no doubt that Exum is a nice talent, who might in fact end up top 3. but no need to fake stories about NBA teams who already tell the world they will pick him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226690760452

"I used to be like 90 per cent to 10 that I was going to college, but recently they are saying that my stock has risen even more, that I could possibly go top five. Now it's more of a 50-50 decision."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talking about the: "..27 teams said they would pick him..." part, which is pure nonsense. when did ever a team announce who they will pick in a year from now. and he talks about 27(!) teams.
    KPB made up such "insider" stories about Greek players.

btw. no doubt that Exum is a nice talent, who might in fact end up top 3. but no need to fake stories about NBA teams who already tell the world they will pick him.
    Apparently, benfti worked at or had connections with the AIS, where Dante is studying now. His insider stories have slightly more credibility to them than KPB's made up nonsense.

That being said, I doubt Dante will hop straight to the NBA. He isn't as physically strong as the average NBA player, and he has yet to master his long range game. Going to college would do him a lot of good in terms of his basketball development. San Antonio definitely has no chances of drafting him should he enter next year's draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, benfti worked at or had connections with the AIS, where Dante is studying now. His insider stories have slightly more credibility to them than KPB's made up nonsense.
    so this 27 teams called the AIS and told them, they will pick Exum, if he is on the board? I see. now it makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so this 27 teams called the AIS and told them, they will pick Exum, if he is on the board? I see. now it makes sense.
    No, but 27 teams might've called Dante to say that they're interested in him, and Dante may have told his AIS colleagues. Not that hard to see that it's possible that it happened. Although it's very unlikely that it did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you under the impression that NBA teams don't talk to prospects until combine? Are you also under the impression that schools don't perform due diligence when soliciting advise they give to their students surrounding their possible career paths?

Especially schools who pride themselves on their ability to develop world class athletes.

wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you under the impression that NBA teams don't talk to prospects until combine? Are you also under the impression that schools don't perform due diligence when soliciting advise they give to their students surrounding their possible career paths?

Especially schools who pride themselves on their ability to develop world class athletes.

wow
    still waiting for a link that proves your claim that 27 teams have told Exum they will pick him.
    no link??

kid, you made up a ridiculous story to obtain some credit as an "insider", much like KPB did in countless tries, and now you desperately try to somehow back up your fraud with even more ridiculous arguments.
    if you are a fan of Exum, work with what you got. a pretty talented kid, who will make it to the NBA one day. noone will ever take you seriously as an insider if you show up with such pubertal out of proportian stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still waiting for a link that proves your claim that 27 teams have told Exum they will pick him.
    no link??

kid, you made up a ridiculous story to obtain some credit as an "insider", much like KPB did in countless tries, and now you desperately try to somehow back up your fraud with even more ridiculous arguments.
    if you are a fan of Exum, work with what you got. a pretty talented kid, who will make it to the NBA one day. noone will ever take you seriously as an insider if you show up with such pubertal out of proportian stuff.
    Firstly, im not a kid. My actual kids would find the above pretty easy to comprehend, so im not sure why you are having so many problems with it.

Secondly, and im sure you will agree, no club would go on record stating who they will take categorically 12 months out from a draft, that is just absurd, so you asking for a link seems to me as nothing but an attempt to try and troll me.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. i have come onto this board and posted something that i thought i would share with the fine people of spurstalk, this is a great site with excellent basketball contributors. As Boomersgold has stated, i have worked and continue to consult to the school that Dante goes to. What I can tell you, and surely you are not so dim as to assume this sort of information finds the its way to the commercial press, is Dante and his father Cecil are weighing up whether or not to remain in Australia and at the AIS an prepare for a shot at the draft, or to move to the US and have Dante play a season of college ball. Now, this isnt a decision that is going to be made over a cup of coffee. Firstly, given that they have yet to acquire an agent as that would of course make Dante a pro, people from the ins ute have been charged with gaining information as to the climate of interest in the next draft from clubs within the NBA , as some teams have been contacting us on a weekly basis since February this year, because unless it is for certain that Dante would go as a lottery pick THIS year, he will play college for a year. Surely from this point you can do the maths?
    Last edited by benfti; 08-14-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 to benfti
    OTOH, I don't believe the Spurs will be selecting anybody in the lottery. So the interest here in Exum should be limited to Exum pushing another player down to the Spurs. IMO, that small advantage would be slightly better in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Firstly, im not a kid. My actual kids would find the above pretty easy to comprehend, so im not sure why you are having so many problems with it.

Secondly, and im sure you will agree, no club would go on record stating who they will take categorically 12 months out from a draft, that is just absurd, so you asking for a link seems to me as nothing but an attempt to try and troll me.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. i have come onto this board and posted something that i thought i would share with the fine people of spurstalk, this is a great site with excellent basketball contributors. As Boomersgold has stated, i have worked and continue to consult to the school that Dante goes to. What I can tell you, and surely you are not so dim as to assume this sort of information finds the its way to the commercial press, is Dante and his father Cecil are weighing up whether or not to remain in Australia and at the AIS an prepare for a shot at the draft, or to move to the US and have Dante play a season of college ball. Now, this isnt a decision that is going to be made over a cup of coffee. Firstly, given that they have yet to acquire an agent as that would of course make Dante a pro, people from the ins ute have been charged with gaining information as to the climate of interest in the next draft from clubs within the NBA , as some teams have been contacting us on a weekly basis since February this year, because unless it is for certain that Dante would go as a lottery pick THIS year, he will play college for a year. Surely from this point you can do the maths?
    you alleged that 27 teams have said they will pick him. one year before he actually might enter the draft.

that's just a made up story. No team ever tells a player they will draft him a year before the event.

AND YOU TRY TO TELL US IT'S BEEN 27 TEAMS THAT HAVE TOLD HIM THAT?????????????

writing some novels about what he might do or not does not change the fact that your report was just fake.
    jesus, do you ever think for about 5 seconds before you start to reason. 27 teams???? so there is a pretty good chace that the team that will win the #1 pick 2014 will be among tis group. so yeah, one year before the draft teams tell a player they will use the #1 pick on him. in a deep draft. that will include a guy named Wiggins. oh well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember ESPN saying that they talked to GMs and Wiggins would have been #1 pick this year.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link: Who's That Guy (Creeping Up the 2014 NBA Draft Board)? Dante Exum!

Ford has Exum going 3rd. 30-2 = 28 teams who would draft Exum in the first round.

IOW, Exum doesn't project to fall to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus. wow.
    you must be the person with the lowest knowledge about the NBA in the internet.
    THAT'S A MOCK! IT'S AS REAL AS A FANTASY LEAGUE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus. wow.
    you must be the person with the lowest knowledge about the NBA in the internet.
    THAT'S A MOCK! IT'S AS REAL AS A FANTASY LEAGUE.

Thread Information