Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    ESPN ‏@espn 12h
    Kaepernick already has 101 rushing yards.Russell Wilson's pulling off Houdini plays. The future of the NFL appears to be now. #YoungGuns

....immediately shat on by white football fans...

jake ‏@meteer23 11h
    @EdwarJejeega @espn 1 "Houdini" holy these es suck hard

Dekota Fletcher ‏@dfletcher21 11h
    @meteer23 @EdwarJejeega @espn LMAO! Couldn't agree more, neither one can pass...just prayers and running. What are they the future of?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    There's really nothing to get bent out of shape about. It's not like White QBs will become extinct, that's just absurd. It's more so about the style of play that's being pushed. Although their teams are winning, so naturally they will be in the limelight despite their style of play. Johnny Football is in this mold and should be viewed the same going forward. Whether or not he is able to stick is up to his capability. There were four teams left yesterday morning, did you expect them to talk about Manning/Brady, and Manning/Brady only? Doesn't make sense.

Post Count
    There's really nothing to get bent out of shape about. It's not like White QBs will become extinct, that's just absurd. It's more so about the style of play that's being pushed. Although their teams are winning, so naturally they will be in the limelight despite their style of play. Johnny Football is in this mold and should be viewed the same going forward. Whether or not he is able to stick is up to his capability. There were four teams left yesterday morning, did you expect them to talk about Manning/Brady, and Manning/Brady only? Doesn't make sense.
    The new age of QBs are mediocre game managers who only succeed because of their defense.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The new age of QBs are mediocre game managers who only succeed because of their defense.
    Whether this is true or not doesn't really matter to me. Although I disagree when it comes to Wilson because he's displaying traits of a long term QB (IMO). But, what matters in this particular topic is the proposed theory of an agenda. Because Seattle and S.F (and even Carolina this year) have been successful, consequently the QBs of these teams are in the limelight. That's just how it goes, although other parts of the team are certainly lauded. Whatever style the QB plays, if the team is successful it will be noted. So I disagree with the notion of an agenda.

When teams win or lose, the QBs sometimes get too much credit on both sides whether it's a dual threat QB, or a traditional pocket passer. But, since there has been an influx of the dual threat QB as of late, and a few of them are on good teams and have been tossed into the limelight, I can understand why they have been extensively criticized. What will be interesting is if people properly group Johnny Football in this category if he maintains his current style of play.

But what is odd is that, why wouldn't they compare these younger QBs, to successful QBs when they were younger, as opposed to their later veteran years? Odd really. And, the divisions some of their contemporaries play in are sub par comparatively, so despite the differences of their teams, there is a distinct compe ive difference as well in their divisions. Particularly the NFC East, and the AFC South.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    What's funny about all this hype is that both Kap and RW are only half black.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What's funny about all this hype is that both Kap and RW are only half black.
    And their teams successes are behind great coaching and great defense.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    you just add a negation ahead of every adjective and the statement is completely fine tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yes, because ESPN never slurps Andrew Luck. Foles was getting all sorts of praise when the Eagles went on their run, and even ing Hoyer was a story for the 2-3 weeks when he was playing well. What other young white QB's would you like them to slurp. Tannehill? Glennon? Locker? Ponder? Bradford? Gabbert? Weeden?

all of the great qb's do not qualify as "young." rodgers, brady, brees, manning, rivers, rape.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    yes, because ESPN never slurps Andrew Luck. Foles was getting all sorts of praise when the Eagles went on their run, and even ing Hoyer was a story for the 2-3 weeks when he was playing well. What other young white QB's would you like them to slurp. Tannehill? Glennon? Locker? Ponder? Bradford? Gabbert? Weeden?

all of the great qb's do not qualify as "young." rodgers, brady, brees, manning, rivers, rape.
    how about calling the situation ty like it is?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    after luck and possibly foles, where do Wilson and Kaep rank as far as young qb's in the league?

ESPN and the msm will always slurp whoever is playing in the big games. if it was ing romo and stafford in the nfc le game we'd be hearing about how great they were. people act surprised that espn hyped the 2 qb's in the NFC championship game and are calling it a black agenda . they would have done the same to whichever 2 qb's were playing

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Hard to say really.
    Kaep is only asked to hand off to Gore or drop back,make one read then run.
    Wilson is asked to hand off to Lynch or run play action while running around.

I suspect that there's a few other young athletic QB's that could do the same playing behind stout defensive teams with solid ground n pound offenses.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Sounds like the old guard.

Personally, I'll be glad if QBs get knocked back down a peg or two. It didn't used to be an insult to call a QB a game-manager. And it shouldn't be now in they can still win. Football is a team sport, but people are treating quarterbacks like it's baseball or something.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Sounds like the old guard.

Personally, I'll be glad if QBs get knocked back down a peg or two. It didn't used to be an insult to call a QB a game-manager. And it shouldn't be now in they can still win. Football is a team sport, but people are treating quarterbacks like it's baseball or something.
    Heck, Tom Brady was a game manager in the early days.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    ESPN ‏@espn 12h
    Kaepernick already has 101 rushing yards.Russell Wilson's pulling off Houdini plays. The future of the NFL appears to be now. #YoungGuns

....immediately shat on by white football fans...

jake ‏@meteer23 11h
    @EdwarJejeega @espn 1 "Houdini" holy these es suck hard

Dekota Fletcher ‏@dfletcher21 11h
    @meteer23 @EdwarJejeega @espn LMAO! Couldn't agree more, neither one can pass...just prayers and running. What are they the future of?
    Spur-addict was pretty dead on. Who else are they supposed to talk about? It's not like they ignore other young QBs during the regular season.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Heck, Tom Brady was a game manager in the early days.
    people are missunderstanding "being a game manager" with "managing the game".

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    people are missunderstanding "being a game manager" with "managing the game".
    in the first supebowl run he averaged less than 200 yards per game and threw for a combined 1 touchdown in 3 playoff games.

Post Count
    What ESPN should talk about is reality and the truth: The QB position in the NFL is terrible talent-wise at the moment. There are about 6-7 legit playoff caliber QB's in the league and the rest range from game manager to terrible. QB is the hardest position in any sport IMO and there just isn't enough talent for all teams to have even game manager level QB's let alone playoff quality.

You don't have to hype what's not there.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    in the first supebowl run he averaged less than 200 yards per game and threw for a combined 1 touchdown in 3 playoff games.
    spurraider beating raven over the head with facts again as usual

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    that's exactly my point.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    that's exactly my point.
    What point was that?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What point was that?
    that people misuse the term game manager. Game manager is a term given to a qb that can't win a game strictly with his talent, while managing a game is a quality any qb needs to have and is not intended to be negative. the difference basically is that an elite qb can choose to let his team (defence and running game) win if the game flow is such, while a game manager is forced to do so because of his limits.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    thats a big pile of doodoo you just typed up tbh

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    that people misuse the term game manager. Game manager is a term given to a qb that can't win a game strictly with his talent, while managing a game is a quality any qb needs to have and is not intended to be negative. the difference basically is that an elite qb can choose to let his team (defence and running game) win if the game flow is such, while a game manager is forced to do so because of his limits.
    sons where does Russell Chatterjee fall in your definition?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    thats a big pile of doodoo you just typed up tbh
    Uh, there's a difference between 'typing up doodoo' and being a 'doodoo typer'.

Thread Information