My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NM, appears he doesn't own that domain.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ite-owner.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All he will accomplish is masturbating his ego while pocketing $10Ms in campaign loot.
    Sounds like Boo without the money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Sen. Cornyn Won't Back Cruz In 2016 Primary Bid

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 Hilarious Twitter Suggestions for Ted Cruz' Campaign Slogan

Here are 25 of the best suggestions under #TedCruzCampaignSlogans. Sure hope Cruz is paying attention.
    Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...ampaign-slogan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endorse This: Casting A Paul Over The Cruz Kickoff

Some of the students at far-right Liberty University apparently weren’t happy about being forced to attend Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) presidential campaign announcement — their own preferred candidate is Senator Rand Paul (R-KY).

But they didn’t get mad. Instead, they got even — with some “I Stand With Rand” shirts!

http://www.nationalmemo.com/endorse-this-casting-a-paul-over-the-cruz-kickoff/

Thanks, Texas rednecks, Bible humpers, y'all put up yet another fool for President.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Five Conspiracy Theories That Ted Cruz Actually Believes

George Soros leads a global conspiracy to abolish the game of golf.

Communists infiltrated Harvard Law School.

Islamic law threatens the United States.

Obama wanted immigration reform to fail so he can campaign on it in 2016.

George W. Bush led an assault on Texas’ “sovereignty.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ally-believes/

Thanks, Texas! If you had any ing brains, you would be embarrassed, ashamed of this stain you sent to the Senate.

Those are pretty weak. After #1 they're all just rhetoric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, at TedCruz.com for past few hours... Surprised they haven't taken the site down.

Pretty funny that someone purchased it and then used it for pro Obama messaging.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The easiest knock on him is his disturbing evangelical side/rhetoric. While not on the Rick Santorum level in public, in private, it gets pretty close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are pretty weak. After #1 they're all just rhetoric.
    that's all Krazy Kruz has, rhetoric to rouse the rabble. Who wants to see this actually with political/governmental power?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you flat deny science, it makes sense to defund it

============

Cruz
    , who earlier this year called for Nasa to refocus its investment on the hard sciences and low-Earth orbit exploration rather than ‘political distractions’ that he labelled as ‘extraneous’ to the agency’s mandate, will chair the panel’s space, science, and compe iveness subcommittee that oversees Nasa. Observers worry that Cruz sees climate science as just such an ‘extraneous’ pursuit and they note that roughly 10% of Nasa’s budget currently funds earth sciences, including monitoring global warming and climate change.

During a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on March 15, Cruz asserted that earth science is not a ‘hard science’ and that Nasa has to ‘get back to hard sciences.’

He added that since President Obama entered office, there has been a ‘disproportionate increase’ in funding for Nasa’s earth science programme, which has come at the expense of space exploration as well as planetary science, heliophysics and astrophysics.

He apparently isn’t alone. The new chairman of the appropriations subcommittee that fund Nasa and the NSF, Republican John Culberson, has reportedly recently reiterated that the earth sciences don’t meet his definition of ‘the pure sciences’.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...SA_DD_20150323

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he certainly did a good job on hitting all the soundbites: Reagan, flat-tax, abolish IRS, cons utionalist, our ally Israel, communism...
    a politician used soundbites? No!...No!...Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a politician used soundbites? No!...No!...Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo.
    not meant as criticism, I was actually impressed that he managed to pull all of those in such little time.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not meant as criticism, I was actually impressed that he managed to pull all of those in such little time.
    Yeah I doubt they'll do a drinking game with him. Completely wasted after one sentence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine President Ted Cruz

if you know Mr. Cruz, or are familiar with how government is supposed to work, or with reality in general, you’ll find some of his imaginaries problematic, like abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, sealing the border, or “repealing every word of Obamacare.”

But Mr. Cruz says he is a champion of personal liberty, too, and gay people who love each other are demanding their liberty to marry, just not in a way he finds acceptable.

No data support Mr. Cruz’s claim that insurance premiums are “skyrocketing” under Obamacare.

The rest of the world, of course, is indifferent to one Republican’s oratorical dog whistles. The global climate will keep changing, and causing calamities, with or without the acknowledgment of Mr. Cruz and his fellow climate know-nothings.

the contradictions slip by if you’re not paying attention. America is great but needs to be made great again.

Privacy is sacrosanct, and government should not get between you and your doctor, unless you’re a woman who wants to avoid or end a pregnancy.

Mr. Cruz wants to repeal programs that protect some immigrants from deportation, but he has also said in the past that Republicans need to do better with Hispanic voters or risk extinction as a national party.

His federalist views are incoherent: he wants states to be free to experiment with
    marijuana legalization, but attacked Mr. Obama for not cracking down on states that do so.

wants voters who sent him to Washington to keep him in Washington, with a promotion, though he says, “The answer will not come from Washington.”

Mr. Cruz, whose oratory captures so many Republican paradoxes and idiocies, especially on immigration and health care, has set a solid baseline for the messy job ahead.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/24/opinion/imagine-president-ted-cruz.html?_r=0

Liberty "university"

(ranked by Forbes as the 636th best university in the nation (out of 650), and by U.S. News as No. 80 among “Regional Universities (South) )

guaranteed Krazy Kruz an audience that he can't otherwise draw by fining non-attendees $10, you know, aka "Liberty! Freedom!" denied.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-24-2015 at 04:41 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meet Ted Cruz's Karl Rove: "He Leaves a Path of Destruction"

a controversial Missouri-based political operative named Jeff Roe, who is known for his ruthless, bare-knuckled style and who has recently been in the news due to a tragic death.

Following the apparent suicide last month of Missouri state auditor Tom Schweich, who was a Republican gubernatorial candidate, Republican legislators and party elders in the state denounced the toxic culture within the state GOP and pointed to it as a cause of Schweich's death. And some cited Roe as a prime purveyor of the political hardball and scorched-earth tactics that have transformed many Missouri elections into mud-drenched campaigns of personal destruction.

Roe's merciless style has been legend in Missouri for over a decade. And now he is poised to practice his brand of political bloodsport against Cruz's 2016 rivals.

Graves' opponents in these campaigns have described their encounters with Graves' staffers as "close to assault" and "evil."

Graves' 2002 challenger, a Democrat named Cathy Rinehart, says she filed a police report after a group of Graves' campaign aides "accosted" her during a parade. (No charges came from her report.)

"It was intimidation, it was very threatening," Rinehart, the Clay County assessor, recalls. "They did it the whole campaign."

One Graves staffer would drop by the assessor's office almost daily, she remembers, to make sure she was there working.

The level of "nastiness" and "intimidation" during the campaign was "very, very, very bad," she says. And she faults Roe for the tone of the campaign.

"Politics ain't beanbag," Roe said after the election.

"I don't think Jeff has changed his tactics at all," Rinehart adds. "He just thinks it's funny, and it's not funny."

"They'll do anything," Broomfield says of Roe and his associates. "There's no limit."

A state appeals court judge later threw out the case for lacking "substantial evidence" of malice, even though Brazil's lawyer had turned up evidence suggesting Roe knew his blog's version of events might not be accurate. What Roe did to him "should be illegal," Brazil says.

Years later, Brazil still detests Roe. "Jeff Roe is a disgusting human being," he says. "He leaves a path of destruction."

An Axiom promotional video brags of Roe's "well-deserved reputation for being ruthless" and notes that his "controversial campaign tactics are the stuff of political legend."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-rove-jeff-roe

Roe will trash Krazy Kruz's primary opponents ONLY, because KK won't get out of the primary.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-24-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He read something without a teleprompter and we're supposed to be impressed? That's some low standards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Stewart, of course:

Ted Cruz’s creepy presidential announcement, which took place before a captive audience of Liberty University students, is really putting things in perspective for us all.

“I may owe Mitt Romney an apology,” Jon Stewart said on Monday’s “Daily Show,” after learning that Cruz and his wife actually practiced waving and kissing before the announcement. “Even the Mitt Romneytron 3000 didn’t have to rehearse waving and kissing,” he continued.

If you were wondering why so many of the students in the audience looked bored out of their minds (and why one girl was even wearing a Rand t-shirt): It’s because the conservative Christian university required students to attend the Ted Cruz announcement as part of their weekly convocation. No word on whether the university also required students to text “cons ution” to an undisclosed number, as per Cruz’s orders.
    “Let me clarify this a little bit:

Students at Liberty University were required to attend a partisan political speech where a small-government conservative who had just promised he would respect privacy rights, told them if they cared about freedom, text your information to a mysterious address that collects your cell phone number for undisclosed purposes,” Stewart said.

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/24/i_ma..._announcement/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump stirring up. I saw that he told Faux news that Cruz couldnt be president since he was canadian ha ha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess atleast Trump thinks hes God

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz Vows To 'Stand Happily Together' With Glenn Beck As He Runs For The White House

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...uns-white-hous

The Krazy Kruz Klown Kar is filling up!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone watch Cruz this morning? i was trapped in the hyperbaric chamber when he came on. Got to hand it to the guy...he is pretty heavy handed on the god and religion stuff but mother er can sure give a rousing speech. He spoke for 45 minutes without notes or a teleprompter. VERY impressive delivery.
    What's the big deal about teleprompters anyway? It's not like Cruz was giving an extemporaneous speech. It was painstakingly prepared and ghostwritten just like every other political speech.

All this means is he took more time to memorize. That's actually less natural than giving a speech with a teleprompter reminding you what to say. This is a virtue? Business leaders, church leaders and all varieties of public speakers use prompters and notes when giving speeches. It wasn't a bad thing until it became a lazy partisan talking point on a slow news day.
    You know who could truly speak extemporaneously for a solid hour?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The seven dumbest things Ted Cruz ever said

1. We begin with Ted Cruz pontificating on ?????
      I will credit my father, he invented … green eggs and ham. He did it two ways. The easy way was he would put green food coloring in … But if you take spinach and mix it into the eggs, the eggs turn green … I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am.
    2. Ted Cruz taking on the internets:
      "Net Neutrality"is Obamacare for the internet; the internet should not operate at the speed of government.
    3. Teddy C on climate change:
      "You always have to be worried about something that is considered a so-called scientific theory that fits every scenario. Climate change, as they have defined it, can never be disproved, because whether it gets hotter or whether it gets colder, whatever happens, they'll say, well, it's changing, so it proves our theory."
    4. Ted Cruz-mo-Dee on the Cons ution:
      This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.
    5. Theodore Cruzington III on hate speech:
      If you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage, that’s the next step of where it gets enforced. It gets enforced against Christian pastors who decline to perform gay marriages, who speak out and preach biblical truths on marriage, that has been defined elsewhere as hate speech, as inconsistent with the enlightened view of government.
    6. Who could forget Gentle Ted's response to the young girl asking "The world is on fire?"
      “The world is on fire,” Cruz replied, turning to face the girl and her mother. “Yes! Your world is on fire!”

And finally:
    Twenty years from now if there is some obscure trivial pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...?detail=email#

Short list, they will be 100s of additions

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cruze has the moonbat blogs working overtime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruze has the moonbat blogs working overtime.
    yeah, shootin a fool in a barrel

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I wonder if boutons thinks he gets paid to shill for the left?

The problem with the "Cruz is crazy" strategy is that he doesn't actually bring any unorthodox ("risky") ideas to the table like Ron Paul, and he isn't going to stick his foot in his mouth again and again like Rick Perry or Sarah Palin.....and the left is going to work overtime to find it but I doubt they find him saying anything racist either.

What they're going to end up saying is Cruz is crazy because he's a conservative.

Thread Information