Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by ace3g; 04-20-2014 at 10:26 PM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think Glover is going to shock the world. I felt the same way about Weidman as I do with Glover. He's the underdog, but watch out, he's going to ring Jones' bell.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
    RT @guicruzzz: Anthony Johnson vs. Phil Davis, Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch added to UFC 172 (@guicruzzz) sbn.to/1lyzJGr

Post Count
    RT @guicruzzz: Anthony Johnson vs. Phil Davis, Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch added to UFC 172 (@guicruzzz) sbn.to/1lyzJGr

Wait, that fat blob that the UFC released is coming back? And what has Boetsch done to get a fight like Rockhold??? Sucks for Luke, tbh, Tim is a real step down imo.

Post Count
    After a little bit of reading, Luke is really getting rim-jobbed. He is 10-1 in his last 11 fights, his only loss coming to a got cheater. In his last fight he completely butt raped Kosta Feel-a-pooh, so it makes sense that his new opponent got his ass kicked by Fil-a-poop, right? Or the fact that he's lost two out of his last three, and his lone win was a split decision over a short-notice fighter, C.B. Dildoway. Seriously? If I were hold, I would be BENT.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    After a little bit of reading, Luke is really getting rim-jobbed. He is 10-1 in his last 11 fights, his only loss coming to a got cheater. In his last fight he completely butt raped Kosta Feel-a-pooh, so it makes sense that his new opponent got his ass kicked by Fil-a-poop, right? Or the fact that he's lost two out of his last three, and his lone win was a split decision over a short-notice fighter, C.B. Dildoway. Seriously? If I were hold, I would be BENT.

Yea well I thought Luke will get some elite fighter now. But hmm of course Kennedy had to twitt Bisping for a fight

I think Glover is going to shock the world. I felt the same way about Weidman as I do with Glover. He's the underdog, but watch out, he's going to ring Jones' bell.
    Im no JJ fan but Glover is a 1 dimensional bag.

Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that people said the same thing about Johny Hendricks. And Chris Wiedman.

Post Count
    Not to mention, his last five fights went something like this:
    Win, TKO.
    Win, Submission, guillotine.
    Win, Unanimous Decision.
    Win, TKO, Dr. Stoppage.
    Win, Submission, Arm Triangle.

I'd say if you've won each of your last fights in a different fashion than your previous fight, you're far from a "1 dimensional" fighter. Then, of course, I see that you're a Lakers fan and it all starts to make sense. You're a ing re .

Wait, that fat blob that the UFC released is coming back? And what has Boetsch done to get a fight like Rockhold??? Sucks for Luke, tbh, Tim is a real step down imo.
    AJ has looked really good since fighting at LHW, someone to watch out for in the division.

Yeah, he's always had trouble with his weight, but I think that getting cut from the UFC really invigorated him.

Post Count
    Dude... WSOF.

That's all I really have to say.

Post Count
    Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira -- Shock the world, I tell ya. The only way Jones pulls out of this one is if he does the same thing he did with Chael. Put him on his back and feed him bows. If he tries to stand with Glover, it's over.
    Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson -- that fat blob of .
    Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold -- Can't believe hold got stuck fighting this ass hole.
    Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller -- Miller is always a safe bet.
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott -- No way he's losing two in a row.
    Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg -- Probably my only bad pick, tbh.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Whats up guys, long time no talk. I haven't ordered many PPVS as of late, but I try to catch all of Bones fights. I'm pretty disappointed Gus didn't get a rematch here, but as for the fight itself I just don't see Teixeira posing much of a threat. He's got a punchers chance, but Jones should be able to overwhelm him with his athleticism.
    The fight I'm really looking forward to is Davis and Rumble. I've long been a fan of both fighters. In regards to Davis, I feel he can really cement himself in the le picture with a win over Rumble, and I'm very anxious to see what Rumble can do inside the octagon at 205.
    Also, I read somewhere this morning that Bobby Green had to pull out of his fight with Miller (which sucks because I was looking forward to that as well), and Yancy Medeiros is being brought up from the prelim fights to take his place.

Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira for lightheavyweight le
    Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
    Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
    Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott

Post Count
    Whats up guys, long time no talk.
    What's up brother? Good to see you still watching MMA..

Post Count
    Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira for lightheavyweight le

This is a big fight for Jones.. It will be interesting to see where his level of confidence is after the Gus fight.. Does he return to his normal dominance or is this another dog fight? I think after maybe a tough first round he will dominate Glover and take him out by submission in round 3 or 4.. Jones should be able to use his length easier again and have an easier time setting up his takedowns. Glover has big power and good TD's but I think he is too slow to really get inside on Jones and land big shots..

This could be close as Davis is not really a dominating fighter.. The thing that shocks me about Davis is in spite of his background and athletic frame he is not a great MMA wrestler. It takes him shot after shot to get TD's usually.. Anthony is a good wrestler with power on the feet so I think this will be a stand up affair and Phil will stay just busy enough to pull of the UD.. Anthony throws a lot of power shots though so Phil better watch it..

Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros

Last edited by dbreiden83080; 04-20-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    What's up brother? Good to see you still watching MMA..
    I follow it just as much as ever, just haven't got to order many PPV's lately. I just needed to come on here and talk some MMA because none of my friends have any clue what they are talking about.

RT @tgerbasi: Ellenberger-Rocha Scratched from UFC 172 - shar.es/TD3fH @ufc #UFC #UFC172 #MMA

Post Count
    Really is another mediocre card other than the main event which is awesome.. UFC is killing their event to event PPV buys with this bull . And fighter pay is not what it used to be with the buys down..

Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira for light heavyweight le - Teixeira has the proverbial "punchers chance", but I don't see it happening. Bones is just too long and too skilled. Let's get the the Gus rematch already.

Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson - LOL @ Rumble

Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold - Fighters like Boetsch are good for the sports, but Tim's just outclassed here.

Yancy Medeiros vs. Jim Miller - Fighters like Miller are good for the sport, and Jim is not outclassed here.

Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway - I find Holloway to be a very entertaining fighter to watch, and he does have a lot of talent. BUT TEAM ALPHA MALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Benevidez v. Tim Elliott - I can't believe that Benevidez was relegated to undercard duties. Also, TEAM ALPHA MALE MUTHAF-CKERS!!!!

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira for light heavyweight le

Yancy Medeiros vs. Jim Miller

preliminary CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Thread Information