Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop calling a time out or pulling Danny 30 seconds into the game for making a defensive mistake while Paddy and Bryn are out there making defensive mistakes almost every possession and their rewarded with garbage contracts and 23+ minutes/game. Talk about your double standards.
    That right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny for 3 seasons in a row shot under 40% from 3 in the one area. Then approves it by 7% in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely think Pop was unfair to Danny, I don't think he liked Danny being popular with the party crowd and other irrelevant ... Didn't appreciate him enough imo he was the whipping boy for the coach and most of this forum.
    We miss you ldn ;_;

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop calling a time out or pulling Danny 30 seconds into the game for making a defensive mistake while Paddy and Bryn are out there making defensive mistakes almost every possession and their rewarded with garbage contracts and 23+ minutes/game. Talk about your double standards.
    B-b-b-b-but Pop treats every player the same. One of the dumbest narratives out there. Pop always had a double standard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but the spurs system...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like a contract year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny for 3 seasons in a row shot under 40% from 3 in the one area. Then approves it by 7% in Toronto.
    Nothing like a contract year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Green's 36% from 3 in his down years over Bryn's 41% from 3 in his career year.Because of Defensive impact alone.Bryn's better shooting % is amounting to what,2 ppg more than DG? How many points is this Spurs team giving away in defense cause of the limitations every SG on this roster has diplayed all season long?

And,yes,Green is obviously a much more expensive role player than Forbes (and Beli,and Pondexter).But perimeter defense is so valuable that you make the salary cap work with him.Not trade him away in his contract year.

And by the way,it was visible to everybody watching the games last year,and it was obvious to everyone posting in Spurstalk that Green was playing injured in 2018.Why are we not mentioning that? We played him to the ground cause a known had a boo boo in his thigh and was in NY holding auditions for most loyal Doctor.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ected-by-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurns

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Nurse > crater face, and I don't think it's close.

I was told Green would've never been an NBA player if he wasn't on the Spurs. The system made him and many others look good. Nurse's system must be something....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely think Pop was unfair to Danny, I don't think he liked Danny being popular with the party crowd and other irrelevant ... Didn't appreciate him enough imo he was the whipping boy for the coach and most of this forum.
    We miss you ldn ;_;
    Pop's pushing is what made Danny Green the player he is now. He more than the others needed because Popovich knew he was going up against much stronger compe ion in the SL every single night. Think about how amazing it is to have Danny Green (G LEAGUER) help start for a team that was contending every year and ultimately winning 1. Being a poster just makes certain things blow out of proportion. Popovich loved Green and put a ton of trust in him to win games besides his inferiority at having perimeter NBA skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was told Green would've never been an NBA player if he wasn't on the Spurs. The system made him and many others look good. Nurse's system must be something....
    Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are just cheap, get over it. When they trade dejounte for a bag of chips later, don't be crying like this again. When the Spurs were cheap with Duncan it looked ok, because talent does that. Without that talent, cheap is cheap. Welcome to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, I think Danny Green's 7% rise in 3-point shooting proves Nick Nurse is a superior coach to Pop. Heck, for even more evidence you can just look at the Raptors year-over-year win improvement after adding Kawhi, Danny and Mark Gasol to the roster, all while dealing with the loss of DeRozan and Poetl. Nurse is obviously a coaching phenom.

Good call!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I think Danny Green's 7% rise in 3-point shooting proves Nick Nurse is a superior coach to Pop. Heck, for even more evidence you can just look at the Raptors year-over-year win improvement after adding Kawhi, Danny and Mark Gasol to the roster, all while dealing with the loss of DeRozan and Poetl. Nurse is obviously a coaching phenom.

Good call!

LOL. I do think it's possible that Danny had taken enough from Pop to last a lifetime. Like several of us said above, Pop singled Danny out lots of times when I don't think he should have. I know, they're athletes. But most people get a little tired of that kind of .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good call!
    Just another dumb ass comment on this site. People really believing that Nick Nurse is better than Pop is ridiculous considering when comparing last years Raptors team to this one he's not a good as Casey SMH!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good call!
    Kawhi is about to have his 3rd straight 60 win season and conference final appearance while the GOAT coach is doing less than what Nate McMillan got from an Aldridge led-team despite having an all star level 2nd option in DeRozan that those Portland teams never had. Nate McMillan never got any credit for overachieving, never got the fluff pieces. He's still not getting talked about enough this season with Indiana, just like Doc Rivers won't get credit for finishing on top of the Spurs with only a team of role players (while trading Harris, their best player). Those are coaches that can win despite lacking the roster talent. The whole world is saying this is Pop's best coaching in his career.... He led a roster of two all star level players to the 8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another dumb ass comment on this site. People really believing that Nick Nurse is better than Pop is ridiculous considering when comparing last years Raptors team to this one he's not a good as Casey SMH!!!!
    Casey is also better than Pop though, tbh. Already took the Pistons to their first playoffs since 2015-16 in his first year as head coach. Defending coach of the year FYI, stop assuming he's because he's not a cac.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Danny but he could not dribble for and his 3 point game was getting worse and became pretty useless in playoff games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casey is also better than Pop though, tbh. Already took the Pistons to their first playoffs since 2015-16 in his first year as head coach. Defending coach of the year FYI, stop assuming he's because he's not a cac.
    I'm not offended with someone saying Casey has been better than Pop the last few years. I just think saying a clown like nurse is better is just ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth is, I haven't seen anything out of Nick Nurse that says he's a great coach. Let's see how he fares with 60-win Kawhi. Anything less than suspenseful 6 or 7 game out in the ECF would be considered a failure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put Nurse on this Spurs team and we are in the Zion sweepstakes, put Pop on the Toronto team and they are a lock to the finals with a very good chance to upset the Warriors. Nurse is going to blow it, just watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For their sake, hopefully Green, who's due a massive shooting slump, holds off until the Conference Semis/Finals . . . but really, they deserve what they're getting because as has been discussed ad nauseam, he never should have been included without Anunoby coming back.

For being so stupid, they deserve for the Raptors to get to the Finals, Durant or Curry to get injured, the Raptors to win the championship, s bag to win Finals MVP and both to re-sign.

Once they realized they weren't going to be able to make a decent trade, the next priority should have been screwing him. Instead, his punishment for pulling about the most de able act possible in professional sports, is to probably get to a Finals and have an outside shot at a championship.

Thread Information