Post Count
    IMO...

1) Dr Buss death
    2) Fredo becoming GM
    3) Cobie $90m contract
    4) Cobie $48m contract
    5) Coward walking for nothing
    6) hiring Mike Brown
    7) the corpse of Nash for $27m + two first round picks + two second round picks
    8) hiring D'Antoni

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jerry's death.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Because he willingly let Fredo take charge.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because he willingly let Fredo take charge.
    Though without Jim Buss we're light two NBA World les.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Purposely being obtuse after the MVPau facts. Bynum was no factor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Purposely being obtuse after the MVPau facts. Bynum was no factor.
    Please.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fredo still has zero NBA World les without Jerry holding his hand... let us proceed....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fredo still has zero NBA World les without Jerry holding his hand... let us proceed....
    Though it was Jim Buss who insisted on Andrew Bynum not once but twice. Ipso facto without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World les.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Though it was Jim Buss who insisted on Andrew Bynum not once but twice.
    Though it was actually Ronnie Lester who insisted on Bynum, and it was actually MVPau who won those two les... purposely obtuse as usual, Dale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he has no problem puttin his into cobies hands

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Bynum gets hurt, Lakers acquire Gasol, finals same year. MVPau.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Though it was actually Ronnie Lester who insisted on Bynum, and it was actually MVPau who won those two les... purposely obtuse as usual, Dale.
    CN, ting on thr parrot...Oh and Fredo fired Lester, who was the assistant GM for 25 years..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're full of beans. It was Jim Buss. Sure, when it happened everybody made fun of him...then when it panned out and to this day they want to forget it. Uh, uh. As long as I draw breath on this earth...it will not be forgotten.

This, I vow!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're full of beans. It was Jim Buss. Sure, when it happened everybody made fun of him...then when it panned out and to this day they want to forget it. Uh, uh. As long as I draw breath on this earth...it will not be forgotten.

This, I vow!
    Thread

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

This, I vow!
    Ronnie Lester scouted and insisted on Mitch drafting him. Then Jim tried trading him. Bynum did not play when the Lakers went to the finals in 08.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You're full of beans. It was Jim Buss.
    Lester won a le as a player for the Lakers. He's been a part of seven more as part of the front office.

He was the first Lakers employee to scout Andrew Bynum back at the McDonald's All-American camp in 2005 and the loudest Lakers employee to recommend the chubby 7-foot, 275-pound high school center from New Jersey with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6732871
    Ronnie Lester, 54, was the Assistant GM in LA for 10 seasons after 14 years as a scout and front office member. His contract, along with at least 20 other Laker personnel, was not renewed when it expired during the 2011 lockout. Lester was a lifer with the Lakers, and was very disappointed when the Lakers cut so many ties in 2011.

Lester worked next to Mitch Kupchak for a decade as they rebuilt and reshaped the Laker team around Kobe Bryant that won two championships, and was the "loudest voice in the room" when the Lakers took chubby high school C Andrew Bynum the #10 pick in 2005. Lester scouted Bynum personally that year, and told Kupchak there's no way they could pass him up if he was still available when they drafted.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...-to-supplement
    Sorry Dale, you're wrongPERIOD

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ronnie Lester scouted and insisted on Mitch drafting him. Then Jim tried trading him. Bynum did not play when the Lakers went to the finals in 08.
    No way. It was Jim Buss who insisted on drafting Bynum and it was Jim Buss who insisted that we keep Bynum when Kobe wanted him gone.

I've given in on many issues in my time here,,,,this is one I'll never give in on. No ing way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry Dale, you're wrongPERIOD
    No way. Jim Buss insisted on drafting Bynum. And Jim Buss repudiated Kobe and insisted on keeping Bynum. Result? 2 NBA World les.

To the ing grave.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No way. It was Jim Buss who insisted on drafting Bynum and it was Jim Buss who insisted that we keep Bynum when Kobe wanted him gone.
    The first time the Lakers saw Bynum, at the McDonald's All-American Game three months before the 2005 draft, they were unimpressed. "He was a chubby kid, 40 pounds overweight, a big lump of clay," says Kupchak. Just to be safe, the team sent assistant general manager Ronnie Lester to New York City for Bynum's individual workout in early June. Lester found the clay hardened and chiseled. He called Kupchak urgently. "This is not the same kid," he said. Bynum had gone from more than 310 pounds to 285 by running in combat boots every morning along the beach in Laurence Harbor, N.J. Nevertheless, he did not receive much affection from teams and reasoned that he should enroll as planned at UConn.

http://si.com/vault/article/magazine...4609/index.htm

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^

No way. Jim Buss insisted on drafting Bynum. And Jim Buss repudiated Kobe and insisted on keeping Bynum. Result? 2 NBA World les.

To the ing grave.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

I've given in on many issues in my time here,,,,this is one I'll never give in on. No ing way.
    Nope. Jim tried trading Odom and Bynum twice. Both Ainge and McHale said no.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    ^

Lester is credited as the scout on the front line representing the organization when the Lakers got their first hard look at the then 17-year-old Andrew Bynum at a workout in New York in 2005.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. Jim tried trading Odom and Bynum twice. Both Ainge and McHale said no.

To the ing grave.

Thread Information