Page 169 of 278 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6947
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lost in all this is that Chip Brown was probably right. We'll know shortly. A&M and the SEC know where Texas is going to be. Now they just have to man up.

LSU and Arky to other bowls? Could it happen?
    Last edited by the chronic; 12-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SEC be scared! We play arky !

"We're excited to be playing in the Advocare Texas Bowl and against an old SWC rival in Arkansas," Texas head coach Charlie Strong said. "It will be a tremendous opportunity for our team to play in front of so many of our fans and especially for our seniors who will be doing it for the last time as Longhorns. We've been back at work and getting prepared for the bowl game and know Arkansas presents an unbelievable challenge. They are a really good, physical team that has played their best ball in the second half of the season. We look forward to getting to Houston and being a part of this great bowl."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rather play AGgIe.

Thats clearly a more compelling game.
    But Arky ain't bad. We really don't deserve to be in a bowl game, I really wish we could just practice or practice and play AGgIe.

This bowl stuff is like every child deserves a trophy for participating, except this year they have run out of cheap plastic trophies so that some .500 teams are gonna get left out.
    So sad....

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    Baylor and TCU need to schedule better of conference games. Both teams were in the 90's in sos, they need to only look in the mirror when who to blame for not making the final 4.
    While I agree with this, it is also the Big XII's job to protect its teams as the governing body. Just look how the SEC protects its teams. DMX mentioned how hard the SEC sucks for not allowing aggie to play us, but that's what they're supposed to do -- protect their teams. Everyone in the Big XII should be fired...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, JUCO CB Justin Martin of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M will be officially visiting UT this weekend:

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Martin-59479

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from LB Darrin Kirkland, Jr. of Indianapolis, IN after his official visit to UT (24/7):

“Me and my family enjoyed being down on the 40 acres spending time with Coach Strong and the rest of the staff,” Kirkland said.

“I can see them doing really well (in the future). Coach Strong is doing everything he needs to do. His track record is proven from when he was at Louisville and the steps he made are identical at Texas. They have a big test coming into bowl season with Arkansas and they’re excited about that. Coach Strong has something special going in Austin and he’s working to bring it back to where it needs to be.”

“Really academically how strong they are,” Kirkland said of the biggest take away from his trip. “The side of academics opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities I could have down there and it was really interesting to see.”

“Their business school is Top 10 in the country and it was nice to learn more about it and tour it.”

“Great guys,” Kirkland said. He was hosted by Jordan Hicks. “He was definitely my type of guy. Him actually being from Cincinnati, we found out we actually knew his family. It was great seeing him out there. I felt we were identical the way we present ourselves and it was cool to be around them all weekend.”

“Texas fits in well with the four schools and this visit made my decision process harder,” Kirkland said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few quotes from JUCO OT Brandon Hodges, from ESPN.

"I'm leaning to Texas a little bit," Hodges said. "I've got that Missouri offer and I'm kind of waiting on a couple of offers to drop in before I sign."

"They have great coaching. They have Charlie Strong their, he's a great guy. You got [Joe] Wickline that is a very good offensive line coach and they have a great environment. They take time to do things right, and I like that about them."

Joe Wickline was at his game, the JUCO national championship game, this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, WR John Burt of Tallahassee, FL is looking to officially visit Texas in the third or fourth week of January.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    While I agree with this, it is also the Big XII's job to protect its teams as the governing body. Just look how the SEC protects its teams. DMX mentioned how hard the SEC sucks for not allowing aggie to play us, but that's what they're supposed to do -- protect their teams. Everyone in the Big XII should be fired...
    Protect teams from compe ion...
    Really, think about this.
    Why do we watch the games. This is such a wrong-headed way to think. These are games, compe ions.
    What it really illustrates is how fragmented CFB has become. CBS constantly overrating the SEC. FOX doing the same for the Pac and Big 12. The announcers running out of superlatives for their conference. It's actually quite sickening. Can you see Bowlsby getting in touch with FOX complaining about a specific announcer being too candid about a really bad Big 12 game?

I can.

And that's just wrong.

Call a crappy game, crappy. The LSU Alabama game was a hard hitting, bad game. It was close, it was rough, but the QB's were inept. It was all in all, bad football in the era of the forward pass. It just was. It was presented as some anic struggle, real football. Well it was for the 1950s. This kind of stuff sucks. Tell it like it is.

For the record. I have never seen wide outs get beyond their defenders more than in the TCU/Baylor game. Apparently the defenses were just daring the QBs to throw long. And it did not work. It was really awful secondary play.

Back to recruiting, I have emptied my stomach.

We need Malik. Please enroll at UT. Austin is a great place for a college kid. How'd I do Mom? A -game stuff?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, JUCO CB Justin Martin of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M will be officially visiting UT this weekend:

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Martin-59479
    IIRC, he was the guy who might end up being a 2016 prospect due to an academic situation, I can't really remember what it was, but it was a concern for a lot of schools.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on LB Malik Jefferson (Inside Texas):

"Demarco Cobbs was my host. We hung out with Jordan Hicks a lot too so he was pretty much my host as well. We met up with Quandre Diggs and his older brother. That guy (Quentin Jammer) is huge! I can't believe he's a cornerback. It was graduation so there were a lot of people in town. We had fun, stayed out a bit late [laughing]."

"I talked to a business professor for a bit. It was just the usual academic stuff."

"Coach Strong was funny. All the coaches were funny. The practice was upbeat, they were all enjoying it. They were in shoulder pads and helmets. It wasn't a full blown killer practice, so they were having fun and getting back in the swing of things."

"Coach Strong and I spent hours together. I couldn't even calculate how much time we spent together. He made me feel real comfortable in that environment. We talked a lot. I also talked to Coach BJ and Bedford for a while too. They showed me some of what I'd be doing out there during the practice."

"The players and the staff stood out to me the most. It seemed like they genuinely like each other. They were having fun out there."

"Texas is definitely still in the mix."

"(Darrin) Kirkland's just like me, he's laid back. I knew him from before, but we got pretty close this weekend. Ryan (Newsome) I've known for a long time. He's the wild goose. Always joking around."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IIRC, he was the guy who might end up being a 2016 prospect due to an academic situation, I can't really remember what it was, but it was a concern for a lot of schools.
    The report mentioned he is on schedule to graduate in June, so hopefully that remains the case.

He'll then have four years to play three.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The report mentioned he is on schedule to graduate in June, so hopefully that remains the case.

He'll then have four years to play three.
    247Sports had an update back on Oct. 1st, about Texas offering Martin. Bobby Burton wrote "Martin is being monitored by Texas. Despite the report above, it's not gone as far as an "official" offer at this point. He's possibly a 2016 Juco signee so a lot of water has to go under the bridge before he signs.". But that's more than two months ago, so hopefully the newer OB report is right.

Outside of Rasul Douglas, he is my favorite JUCO DB.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    University of Houston fires head coach, Tony Levine:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-cougars-coach

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    University of Houston fires head coach, Tony Levine:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-cougars-coach
    24/7 believes Levine could head to A&M as their new WRs coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on LB Malik Jefferson (Inside Texas):

"Demarco Cobbs was my host. We hung out with Jordan Hicks a lot too so he was pretty much my host as well. We met up with Quandre Diggs and his older brother. That guy (Quentin Jammer) is huge! I can't believe he's a cornerback. It was graduation so there were a lot of people in town. We had fun, stayed out a bit late [laughing]."

"I talked to a business professor for a bit. It was just the usual academic stuff."

"Coach Strong was funny. All the coaches were funny. The practice was upbeat, they were all enjoying it. They were in shoulder pads and helmets. It wasn't a full blown killer practice, so they were having fun and getting back in the swing of things."

"Coach Strong and I spent hours together. I couldn't even calculate how much time we spent together. He made me feel real comfortable in that environment. We talked a lot. I also talked to Coach BJ and Bedford for a while too. They showed me some of what I'd be doing out there during the practice."

"The players and the staff stood out to me the most. It seemed like they genuinely like each other. They were having fun out there."

"Texas is definitely still in the mix."

"(Darrin) Kirkland's just like me, he's laid back. I knew him from before, but we got pretty close this weekend. Ryan (Newsome) I've known for a long time. He's the wild goose. Always joking around."
    Is it wrong to want more than the bolded?
    I can't read these kids at all.

-still in the mix,; seems a bit of a weak endorsement

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    Protect teams from compe ion...
    Really, think about this.
    Why do we watch the games. This is such a wrong-headed way to think. These are games, compe ions.
    What it really illustrates is how fragmented CFB has become. CBS constantly overrating the SEC. FOX doing the same for the Pac and Big 12. The announcers running out of superlatives for their conference. It's actually quite sickening. Can you see Bowlsby getting in touch with FOX complaining about a specific announcer being too candid about a really bad Big 12 game?

I can.

And that's just wrong.

Call a crappy game, crappy. The LSU Alabama game was a hard hitting, bad game. It was close, it was rough, but the QB's were inept. It was all in all, bad football in the era of the forward pass. It just was. It was presented as some anic struggle, real football. Well it was for the 1950s. This kind of stuff sucks. Tell it like it is.

For the record. I have never seen wide outs get beyond their defenders more than in the TCU/Baylor game. Apparently the defenses were just daring the QBs to throw long. And it did not work. It was really awful secondary play.

Back to recruiting, I have emptied my stomach.

We need Malik. Please enroll at UT. Austin is a great place for a college kid. How'd I do Mom? A -game stuff?
    I agree with you, but let's call a spade a spade. The strategy of the other conferences is working, and the Big 12 is left out right now with one team you could argue is superior to two teams in the playoff. This has to do with the Big 12 being in disarray, not having a championship game, and allowing its teams to schedule cream-puffs like my alma mater. While I think it's cool they will be playing Baylor, Baylor has no business scheduling them. While this is ultimately the schools fault, where is the Big 12 looking out for their teams? As much as I can't stand the SEC, they have a sound strategy and they take care of their teams.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree with you, but let's call a spade a spade. The strategy of the other conferences is working, and the Big 12 is left out right now with one team you could argue is superior to two teams in the playoff. This has to do with the Big 12 being in disarray, not having a championship game, and allowing its teams to schedule cream-puffs like my alma mater. While I think it's cool they will be playing Baylor, Baylor has no business scheduling them. While this is ultimately the schools fault, where is the Big 12 looking out for their teams? As much as I can't stand the SEC, they have a sound strategy and they take care of their teams.
    Yes I guess so.
    But personally I'm more depressed about UTs season than TCU and Baylor not getting in the final 4.
    We just sucked and that's what really matters. I am ready for a few more lean seasons, this also sucks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on JUCO OL Tristan Nickelson of Navarro College (OrangeBloods):

"The general gist of what he (Coach Wickline) was saying is that he needs me to come in with my mind right. I may be a guy he puts on the field against Notre Dame in South Bend next year in the opener," Nickelson said. "He said you're here to enjoy your time in college, but it's a business decision too. You have to get your work done."

"You kind of got to experience what it is like to a player, what they do in their daily aspects, what they do to have fun," Nickelson said. "We got to look at all the academic stuff, talked about all the academic programs. It was really awesome. We toured the facilities, tried on our jerseys. It was all top-notch stuff."

"The highlight was just getting to know the coaches better, really. We got some extended one-on-one time, talking with them. Then we got to watch practice (Sunday) morning, get a feel for how they do their things."

"I think I'm up for the challenge," Nickelson said. "I think the group of guys (Charlie Strong) has coming in, the guys he has now, we have some great guys coming in and we'll be a great team next year."

"I got to hang out with Connor Williams. He's coming in early too and he seems like a a good guy. I got to meet a couple other guys too. The linebackers - I think they had a good time," Nickelson said.

"Everybody is awesome there. You can tell the guys that Mack Brown brought in were really good players. These guys though are really good football players and just good people. Just good guys. Everybody on the team holds themselves to higher standard, and they're all the same way."

"Coach Strong doesn't put up with any bull. If you're the stating quarterback and not following rules, it doesn't matter. You're going to do it his way."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Ryan Newsome after his visit to Austin (Inside Texas):

"I know what I'm getting when I go there (Austin)," said Newsome. "The coaches are straight up with me about everything. They don't sugarcoat or mislead you. It's all honesty. They treat you like a man."

"I know I can play as a freshman," said Newsome. "They don't want to redshirt me whatsoever. They said they need me out there now and want to see me play early."

"(Zach) Gentry looks good, man," Newsome told me. "I've been studying his tape and talking to coach Watson about him. He's got NFL tools, but mostly, he's got NFL confidence. That's the most important thing a QB can have. He's got it."

Thread Information