San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye 1
    durant 0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have thought that a player like J.Green would replace Ayres rather than Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have thought that a player like J.Green would replace Ayres rather than Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to burn this place to the ground.
    Don't forget to salt the earth.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More guaranteed money tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Daye is leaving. As littlecoyotecoin will argue, he could have logged 25 points and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes tonight. Also he's not that terrible because Diaw had a worse +/- than he did.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was being sarcastic mate. Backread to see how much I despise the lengths littlecoyotecoin went just to justify how good his guy is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was being sarcastic mate. Backread to see how much I despise the lengths littlecoyotecoin went just to justify how good his guy is.
    I know hence the laugh. That guy is a re

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he should never have been bought back over 6 months ago. I didn't want him back then. I don't know what the Spurs were thinking. Huge waste of time and money.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he should never have been bought back over 6 months ago. I didn't want him back then. I don't know what the Spurs were thinking. Huge waste of time and money.
    Silly hyperbole.

The Spurs were looking for an eventual Bonner replacement, plain and simple. Half a season, about 1.6% of the total salary -- not much at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silly hyperbole.

The Spurs were looking for an eventual Bonner replacement, plain and simple. Half a season, about 1.6% of the total salary -- not much at all.
    Maybe that statement was a bit over-the-top. You're right in what they were looking for, but all I will add to that is that I just didn't think he was any good or worth the time. I guess the Spurs did, and unfortunately they were wrong.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe that statement was a bit over-the-top. You're right in what they were looking for, but all I will add to that is that I just didn't think he was any good or worth the time. I guess the Spurs did, and unfortunately they were wrong.
    Never know until you try.

Little opportunity cost and when it hits, it can hit big. That's what the last roster spot is for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Daye truly milked the fact that he got a ring. Check out his Instagram page:

http://instagram.com/adfiv5/

Sigh.... he should have worked much harder in the off-season to stay in the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Daye truly milked the fact that he got a ring. Check out his Instagram page:

http://instagram.com/adfiv5/

Sigh.... he should have worked much harder in the off-season to stay in the team.
    Look, no offense, but you mentioned him being a Robert Horry type of player. Even though he's off the team, I've still got a problem with that. What the made you think he could be even 1% of Robert Horry?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, no offense, but you mentioned him being a Robert Horry type of player. Even though he's off the team, I've still got a problem with that. What the made you think he could be even 1% of Robert Horry?
    save it mate, ceperez and another Daye supporter won't be commenting on their egregious conclusions. They're probably hoping the forum forgets.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now a Hawk:

Daye, 27, was waived in the preseason by the San Antonio Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://hawksquawk.net/community/topi...p-austin-daye/

poor ers. though not quite as delusional as spurfan was when he came to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Date would've hit his FTs if he were on the stripe to seal the game...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Date would've hit his FTs if he were on the stripe to seal the game...
    Who the is date?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is date?
    Autocorrection ruined my trolling attempt before it could begin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    save it mate, ceperez and another Daye supporter won't be commenting on their egregious conclusions. They're probably hoping the forum forgets.
    You always read too much into what I said about him, and refused to read much of it at all, apparently. No problem if you don't want to read it all. Sometimes it was lengthy, but if you don't read it, you also don't get to pretend you understand what all was said. You pretend as if I never said anything bad about Daye, or didn't have very reasonable expectations of him. You often take a comment out of context instead of in the framework of the sum total of what was said, and you're still seemingly sore over it for some reason.

I was a little suspect of him in several areas. Seems moot to revisit them all for you in a post you may not read.

I saw several of your other smart-ass comments toward me when Daye was waived, just didn't care to respond at the time. This post has taken too much time, itself. But, I thought I would make one to your five. I had always attempted to be polite with you, got you on my friend list, but you just seem to want to poke and prod.

Daye's ouster from the team has little to do with why I don't post much any longer. I am just much busier, life is good, and this season has ended up being a lot more boring than it was originally shaping up to be (injuries, Anderson being shipped to Austin, Austin being waived, it's just turned into a middling seeding hunt and a wait to see what they can do in the playoffs...top seed aspirations and new players were taken out of the mix early...)

I am not surprised that Daye was waived. I said that from early on. The last guy on the bench is always a fair candidate for that honor. He couldn't shoot the 3, which was the most intriguing part of his game. Had he been able to do that as well as he had at times during his career, instead of shooting nearer his career worst, things may have been different. C'est la vie. I have no regrets about anything.

I don't expect shooters to come into this system and shoot WORSE than their career averages. Much less close to their career worsts. Instead, I expect them to shoot as well or better in this system with lots of open looks. I would expect that from Daye, or the next shooter. I don't think it is irrational.

The entire team is still shooting about 3% worse from downtown than they did last year. At the beginning of the year, it was far worse. Daye being somewhat of a one trick pony, I am sure his poor shooting weighed heavily in their decision. But, it wasn't just Daye shooting poorly.

They had a draft pick fall to them that made him redundant in many ways. No one anticipated that we would draft Anderson. Anderson probably won't defend the rim as well as Daye, Anderson's length is slightly less, and Anderson wasn't supposed to shoot as well as Daye, but since Daye didn't shoot well, Anderson seems as good or better in just about every other aspect of the game, younger, with more upside.

And, if he was as bad as he is still made out to be, do you think Pop gives Coach Bud the thumbs up when he calls him about this 10 day contract? I don't know if he got this little stint on Bud's team out of pure coincidence.

The kid out-lived almost all prognostications on this board. Almost everyone had him gone even before the regular season started. Some had him being waived as soon as he landed here from Toronto, never to play in the NBA again, etc etc.

All prognostications that have been proved incorrect.

He didn't get a full season here, but they got a good look and decided on Green, then Williams instead. I'm fine with their decision. It won't affect our playoff run, which is why all the hate was totally unwarranted.

Indubitable Super Saiyan Cloud786's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Can't figure out why he didn't stick with SA. Damn good pick up."

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topi...p-austin-daye/

Indubitable Super Saiyan Cloud786's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The great thing about the Hawks is unlike the Spurs, our system is based off of ball and PLAYER movement."

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topi...in-daye/page-2

Thread Information