Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is top 10 lowest cost of living in US so the education spending level is appropriate.

Has a cause/effect relationship between spending and results even been established?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is top 10 lowest cost of living in US so the education spending level is appropriate.

Has a cause/effect relationship between spending and results even been established?
    How did you come to the conclusion the spending level is appropriate and that Texas kids are already getting a good education?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did you come to the conclusion the spending level is appropriate and that Texas kids are already getting a good education?
    If you rank states from most expensive to live to least expensive to live Texas ranks 41st making it in the top 10 cheapest places to live in the US.

Logic should dictate that education spending should be in proportion to cost of living and one would expect Texas to rank around 41st in education spending. Instead, they are 36th in education spending.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In the absence of any meaningful metrics, Tx has one of the leading graduation rates in the nation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the absence of any meaningful metrics, Tx has one of the leading graduation rates in the nation...
    That's an indication kids are getting hustled out the door, not that they've been adequately prepared for a four year degree program, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you rank states from most expensive to live to least expensive to live Texas ranks 41st making it in the top 10 cheapest places to live in the US.

Logic should dictate that education spending should be in proportion to cost of living and one would expect Texas to rank around 41st in education spending. Instead, they are 36th in education spending.
    I see you took a flyer on my question about quality. The rest is pseudologic, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's an indication kids are getting hustled out the door, not that they've been adequately prepared for a four year degree program, tbh.
    Hence "In the absence of any meaningful metrics".
    Not sure any schools are doing a particularly great job of this right now. Pretty sure money is a ty indicator of anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence "In the absence of any meaningful metrics".
    Not sure any schools are doing a particularly great job of this right now. Pretty sure money is a ty indicator of anything.
    I quite agree.

It's easy to stand on official stats and act authoritative.

IRL it's much more difficult to find the dimensions of the problems and the right solutions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so many ways to interpret that rate as meaningless, but is some mysterious way perhaps meaningful

how about how many HS grads continue to 4 year colleges AND graduate?

not a fair measure to the poor HS grads faced with ripoff college costs

If there were some NATIONAL evaluation, like a national test, but that leads to teaching to the test and cheating.

Since money arbitrates, defines EVERYTHING in America, how much a state spends on K-12 education must somehow indicate that red/slave states are more stupid ("low ed, low wage"), more ignorant than the blue states

how about teacher qualifications?

must a teacher have a degree in the subject(s) they teach,

or just ignorantly bull their way through somebody else's lesson plan?

teacher churn?

class size?

all of which influence the quality of the teaching

based on how teachers are being blamed, devalued, disrespected for the so-called failure of public education, maybe US society should consider where it ranks teaching as profession, which is lowly ranked.

search "teaching in texas is hard, bad", to find lots of TX articles about the state of TX K-12 teaching and teacher.

=====

10 reasons why Finland's education system is the best

https://bigthink.com/mike-colagrossi/no-standardized-tests-no-private-schools-no-stress-10-reasons-why-finlands-education-system-in-the-best-in-the-world

==========

self-serving, tax-hating, govt-destroying rightwingnutjobs say more money on education doesn't get better outcomes, so keep cutting school budgets, keep devaluing teachers and public schools. A great formula

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would logic dictate that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clean that up

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clean that up
    Definitely what Jesus would say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely what Jesus would say.
    Then Jesus went into the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”…
    -Matthew 21:12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt realize jesus's house was beneath that random underpass in texas

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The homeless are synonymous with the money changers?
    This Chris guy, we know who he was named after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus would obviously want a Typhus outbreak to thin the herd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash goes after California,

Abbott goes after Austin.

What an original thinker.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott threatens to intervene in Austin’s “homelessness crisis”

Abbott’s office lamented reports of “violence, used needles, and feces littering the streets of Austin and endangering Texas residents.”

“As the Governor of Texas, I have the responsibility to protect the health and safety of all Texans,

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/02/gov-greg-abbott-threatens-intervene-austins-homelessness-crisis/

... except if they are (brown, black) poor, then Abbott shuts down clinics for poor people and refuses to expand Medicaid.

Repug bag Abbott cannot STAND on his record
    to protect the health and safety of all Texans

Thread Information