Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    *spends 17 seconds going back and forth between audibles and the set plays by yelling and using hand gestures for absolutely nothing*
    Last edited by JohnnyMax; 02-25-2014 at 12:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In NO he had Janero Pargo to take the tough shots... but I don't see him being a ballhog on the Clippers, tbh... Actually, if I had to pick a blackhole, it's Jamal Crawford without a doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like the regular season Payton Manning.

And post season manning for that matter.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    In NO he had Janero Pargo to take the tough shots... but I don't see him being a ballhog on the Clippers, tbh... Actually, if I had to pick a blackhole, it's Jamal Crawford without a doubt.
    Crawford is indeed the biggest chucker on the team.... sometimes (like today) it works, but even when he's on, he'll get tunnel vision and ignore Blake and CP3 too often, tbh....

That being said, the Fivehead comparison for CP3 is pretty dead-on.... both need to stop trying to micromanage every aspect of their teams' offenses and trust their teammates more to win.... as I've said, CP3 needs to do what Wade did for LBJ and take a step back for Blake, tbh....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Crawford is indeed the biggest chucker on the team.... sometimes (like today) it works, but even when he's on, he'll get tunnel vision and ignore Blake and CP3 too often, tbh....

That being said, the Fivehead comparison for CP3 is pretty dead-on.... both need to stop trying to micromanage every aspect of their teams' offenses and trust their teammates more to win.... as I've said, CP3 needs to do what Wade did for LBJ and take a step back for Blake, tbh....
    cept when y'all play 8. Z-Bo ain't having any of that soft lob city nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Born to assist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17seconds dribbling around....looking for spacing to flop, nothing to see here

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ain't 's fault imho, dude has to dribble a lot when their next best dribbler is who? Blake Griffin

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

IMO Blake will never be a true #1 of a championship team. He simply is not naturally skilled enough and began developing those skills too late in his life. He is a poor half-court scorer. His post moves are mediocre at best, and his jumper is still pretty much useless unless hes wide open, which at that point he's just average.

And CP3 likely will never be the true #1 of a championship team either. Teams built around PGs are destined for failure. However CP3 has a skillset that Blake doesn't bring to the table, so CP3 needs to be the go-to guy in close playoff games. However as some mentioned, his mentality in that role may be questionable.

Only way they win is by having an extremely balanced and well built team, like the 04 Pistons did, even though they didn't have any true #1s.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^though the Pistons did have the advantage of Daddy & Kobe embroiled in a divorce that makes Tammy & (the woman who dropped off the face of the earth,,,tee, hee) look like newlyweds.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    IMO Blake will never be a true #1 of a championship team. He simply is not naturally skilled enough and began developing those skills too late in his life. He is a poor half-court scorer. His post moves are mediocre at best, and his jumper is still pretty much useless unless hes wide open, which at that point he's just average.

And CP3 likely will never be the true #1 of a championship team either. Teams built around PGs are destined for failure. However CP3 has a skillset that Blake doesn't bring to the table, so CP3 needs to be the go-to guy in close playoff games. However as some mentioned, his mentality in that role may be questionable.

Only way they win is by having an extremely balanced and well built team, like the 04 Pistons did, even though they didn't have any true #1s.
    the Clippers need to run a system similar to what Spurs run in order to be successful. That would allow Chris Paul to create off the dribble on set plays instead of looking for improvised situations. I'm not sure that Doc Rivers has the mental for ude to develop such however I think Chris could run it if he did. it seems that their current offensive system has one or two options and if those breakdown it's all improvised afterward.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the Clippers need to run a system similar to what Spurs run in order to be successful. That would allow Chris Paul to create off the dribble on set plays instead of looking for improvised situations. I'm not sure that Doc Rivers has the mental for ude to develop such however I think Chris could run it if he did. it seems that their current offensive system has one or two options and if those breakdown it's all improvised afterward.
    I don't think the offensive system is the problem. It's just a lack of half court offensive players. They really only have 2 guys who can score in the half court in CP3 and Jamal Crawford, but Crawford is inefficient and CP3 tends to shrink at bad times.

They need to run it all game long in order to score effectively. That causes their defense to be poor, and when games slow down late, they generally have trouble producing unless Crawford is on fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17seconds dribbling around....looking for spacing to flop, nothing to see here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

If CP0 focused on playing rather than flopping he might be better than a above average stat padder tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Blake will never be a true #1 of a championship team. He simply is not naturally skilled enough and began developing those skills too late in his life. He is a poor half-court scorer. His post moves are mediocre at best
    serious question, i swear i'm not trying to take a shot here. but do you regularly watch Clippers games? they're local here so i catch pretty much all of their games, and i'd have to disagree with the bolded segment

the notion that blake is just a dunker who thrives in transition is an outdated bleacher-report comment section level of analysis. the guy can ball, even in the half court. its been a significant improvement this year. last year when C3P0 went down with injury, they were roughly a .500 team even with a competent Bledsoe replacing him. this year they were still winning most of their games when Paul was out, and I'd have to credit Blake for most of that

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the notion that blake is just a dunker who thrives in transition is an outdated bleacher-report comment section level of analysis. the guy can ball, even in the half court. its been a significant improvement this year. last year when C3P0 went down with injury, they were roughly a .500 team even with a competent Bledsoe replacing him. this year they were still winning most of their games when Paul was out, and I'd have to credit Blake for most of that
    I never once said he is just a dunker who thrives in transition. I absolutely believe he is more than that. But I don't see him as being a true go-to half court scorer of a championship contending team, in the way that guys like LeBron, Dirk, Durant, Duncan, Kobe, and Pierce have proven over the years.

I would love to see some clips that show him with anything better than a mediocre post game, or him showing an ability to be able to consistently create his own offense in the half court even against elite defensive teams.

Beating up on crappy teams with awful defense don't count. I want to see him demand the ball in the 4th quarter against teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Chicago, or Miami, and consistently beat the opposing teams most suitable defender (not getting switched to being defended by a point guard due to off ball picks) for buckets. And I want to see multiple games of him doing so.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to show me any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never once said he is just a dunker who thrives in transition.

But I would love to see some clips that show him with anything better than a mediocre post game, or him showing an ability to be able to consistently create his own offense in the half court even against elite defensive teams.

Beating up on crappy teams with awful defense don't count. I want to see him demand the ball in the 4th quarter against teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Chicago, or Miami, and consistently beat the opposing teams most suitable defender (not getting switched to being defended by a point guard due to off ball picks) for buckets. And I want to see multiple games of him doing so.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to show me any.
    thats a very specific set of guidelines when all i have access to is youtube tbh.

i never said you were among the ones that said "blake only thrives in transition," that was a separate point, hence the separate paragraph. the main thing i asked you was if you actually regularly watch clippers games

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thats a very specific set of guidelines when all i have access to is youtube tbh.

i never said you were among the ones that said "blake only thrives in transition," that was a separate point, hence the separate paragraph. the main thing i asked you was if you actually regularly watch clippers games
    I have probably watched 5-6 games of Blake every season since he has been in the league, as well as some playoff games.

No where did I see him prove he can be a go-to half court scorer of a championship contending team.

I do believe he has definitely made some improvements (especially this year) to his game, but he still has a LONG way to go before he can be a truly elite half-court scorer. His jumper is still not consistent, and his post moves (while improved) are still pretty minimal. He pretty much only knows how to do power moves. Footwork, balance, and skilled methods of finishing still elude him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can pull up clips on youtube of over 10 players in the past 10 years that have shown that kind of ability.

If Blake truly had that ability, you would be able to find some.

But he doesn't.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Beating up on crappy teams with awful defense don't count. I want to see him demand the ball in the 4th quarter against teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Chicago, or Miami
    He nearly willed us to wins against San Antonio and Miami recently without much help from his teammates.... 35/12 against the Spurs (while CP3 was getting shut down and torched by Patty Mills) and 43/15 against Miami (no CP3, no JJ, no bench) - and LeBron was guarding him for stretches in the Miami game....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see him demand the ball in the 4th quarter against teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Chicago, or Miami, and consistently beat the opposing teams most suitable defender (not getting switched to being defended by a point guard due to off ball picks) for buckets. And I want to see multiple games of him doing so.
    I can pull up clips on youtube of over 10 players in the past 10 years that have shown that kind of ability.

If Blake truly had that ability, you would be able to find some.

But he doesn't.
    i'll get to it, but again that seems like a pretty narrow search

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of typical blake griffin flashy stuff early, but jump to 5:20 to see him demanding the ball in the 4th quarter down low, which is exactly what you were asking for

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    a lot of typical blake griffin flashy stuff early, but jump to 5:20 to see him demanding the ball in the 4th quarter down low, which is exactly what you were asking for

Try again. No where did I see any semblance of a post game. All of those he either bullrushed or just tried to outjump his defender and throw a shot up that he had to tip back in. No where in there did he show any kind of footwork or craftiness.

I want to see reason to actually fear him in the clutch, the way people fear Dirk, Timmy, Lebron, Kobe, or Durant.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He nearly willed us to wins against San Antonio and Miami recently without much help from his teammates.... 35/12 against the Spurs (while CP3 was getting shut down and torched by Patty Mills) and 43/15 against Miami (no CP3, no JJ, no bench) - and LeBron was guarding him for stretches in the Miami game....
    That doesn't prove that he is a reliable half-court scorer in clutch situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very few players in NBA history have had the post game/footwork of some of the names you mentioned. Just because Blake isn't there yet, it doesn't justify your claim that blake will never be the true #1 of a championship team

Thread Information