Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see nothing has changed and the NBA Forum is still the reacharound forum tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Bulls imo while their golden age just spanned one decade, the product they put in for the league at that time was just top-notch, bar none. Everybody bought into it. That stretch also had some of the best Bulls teams in their franchise and some of the best championship teams in league history.

Plus as DD said, the Jordan effect on the game...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice to see nothing has changed and the NBA Forum is still the reacharound forum tbh.
    Bend over. I'll give ya a in' reacharound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what rings are more valuable than others now? A ring is a ring. All of the them mean 1 thing. That the team that won it was the last team standing that year.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I would be curious to see how this Heatle squad would have fared against the 2001 Lakers teams that won 23 of their final 24 games to repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) You know why Battier hit 7 threes? Because the Spurs defense was leaving him open, in hopes of containing Lebron.

2) It's nothing Battier hasn't done before. He plenty of times has come up clutch when his team needs him, including a big series in the finals the year before against OKC.

3) Again, the shots were WIDE OPEN shots. Nothing fluky. The Spurs just had a defensive strategy for that game that didn't work in their favor.

Don't make it seem like Miami had all kinds of lucky stuff happen for them to win that game 7. The Spurs had a strategy. Miami made them pay. That would be like a Miami fan saying that Danny Green had a fluky series, because of all the 3s he was hitting. No, he was getting insanely open on a lot of them because the Heat were too focused on sending extra help out for Parker's defender. Once they realized that Parker doesn't need to be doubled to be contained, Green didn't get many open looks, Parker struggled to create, and the Spurs offense suddenly didn't look so great. This right here IMO is the real reason this series even went to 7. If Miami would have just played TP straight up all series (which anyone with a brain knows that is how you play TP, doubling him is the worst thing you can do), there would have been far less of those 3s by Green and Neal, and Miami probably would have won sooner, perhaps in 5.

Either way, the Spurs flat out got beat. End of story. It wasn't a fluke. They simply didn't deserve it.

If you want to call Ray's 3 a fluke, then you could say the ridiculous step-back 3 that Parker had just hit a minute earlier was a fluke. In fact, it was actually more fluky, because Ray hit a shot he is arguably the greatest in NBA history at (a spot up 3), while Parker threw up a shot he almost never would take, and would probably miss 9 times out of 10. It was the epitome of a "hero" shot, that he somehow hit.
    pretty solid take. The thing that worries me about this year is that they heat will play parker straight up next time round by putting lebron on him. But still even when they played parker straight up in game 7, the spurs kept it very close. Was not even close to a blowout.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Actually, good job of pointing out that for the past 5 years or however long you have been around, we have had waves of posters come and go, and pretty much all of them have the same opinion of you.

There is a reason "nothing has changed". But it's not because of "reacharounds" as you claim. Perhaps you are simply stupid beyond imagination. It's time you accept the facts, and either accept/embrace your stupidity, or simply quit being a moron.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would be curious to see how this Heatle squad would have fared against the 2001 Lakers teams that won 23 of their final 24 games to repeat.
    I would go with 01 Lakers in 6. Shaq at that time was simply too much to handle, and the roster in general was well rounded at that time. Although I think that a prime Lebron would completely eat that younger, smaller version of Kobe alive.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Actually, good job of pointing out that for the past 5 years or however long you have been around, we have had waves of posters come and go, and pretty much all of them have the same opinion of you.

There is a reason "nothing has changed". But it's not because of "reacharounds" as you claim. Perhaps you are simply stupid beyond imagination. It's time you accept the facts, and either accept/embrace your stupidity, or simply quit being a moron.
    wow...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shaq

Nuff said

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Chris Bosh on Shaq would be an interesting match-up, tbh...

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    great satan is soon losing his athleticism even faster than he lost his hair tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeadlyDynasty can be easy to hate when he's coked up and trolling in his Hart Bochner, bag way. But then he pulls the Vildernessss Girls card, and I can't quite hate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    scro if our paths ever cross I'll treat you to a backpage ho-diddly and a bag of Miami's finest. You'll sing my praises and wonder how a dude that successful can have such vices...but greatness is often untamed, as we know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it. They could of last year. The Spurs have the better coach but the Heat the two best players. After Timmy Bosh (this season) is probably better than anyone on the Spurs who are far less healthy this year.

All praise goes to Pop, but Spurs may push another 7 but Heat will 3peat.
    No one gave the Spurs a chance in last year after Miami ripped off 27 in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an amazing series to watch but I'd have to go with the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were basically both in their prime. Kobe alone was completely unstoppable. Watch the WCF when he pretty much single handedly destroyed the Spurs by himself.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That would be an amazing series to watch but I'd have to go with the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were basically both in their prime. Kobe alone was completely unstoppable. Watch the WCF when he pretty much single handedly destroyed the Spurs by himself.
    det Sacto series too...closed em out with 48 and 16

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det Sacto series too...closed em out with 48 and 16
    Seriously, 2001 Kobe could have easily given 1992 Jordan a run for his money. He was just amazing.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a great turn there for Bochner. After Hans shoots him to death they drag him out. The SOB has the wherewithal to go completely limp and his feet turn inwards & lifeless. He had another highly charged role (as the evil brother) in the TV Mini Series "East of Eden" back some years even before "Die Hard." He's terrific there as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DeadlyDynasty can be easy to hate when he's coked up and trolling in his Hart Bochner, bag way. But then he pulls the Vildernessss Girls card, and I can't quite hate.

The movie is slapstick gold imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Except for one small thing, all these years later its still the same posters. Still giving each other reacharounds.

I didnt read your wall of text exchange with Rob. But as far as your exchange with FkLA, you didnt own anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll give ya a in' reacharound.

Go your mother some more, asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a great turn there for Bochner. After Hans shoots him to death they drag him out. The SOB has the wherewithal to go completely limp and his feet turn inwards & lifeless. He had another highly charged role (as the evil brother) in the TV Mini Series "East of Eden" back some years even before "Die Hard." He's terrific there as well.
    I know he directed PCU, but otherwise he's been quiet lately. I believe he just directs nowadays. But his Ellis is another aspect of Die Hard's lightning-in-a-bottle greatness.
    scro if our paths ever cross I'll treat you to a backpage ho-diddly and a bag of Miami's finest. You'll sing my praises and wonder how a dude that successful can have such vices...but greatness is often untamed, as we know
    appreciate it but I'm not really a coke guy. I know you got good tastes with movies and music, hence our appreciation of Peter Gabriel, we're both fans of Peyton (well not sure about you since the Super Bowl) so I'll take your advice on dirty latina pussy, it's definitely a vice of mine.
    and agree about Loaded Weapon, saw that in the theaters. My friends would still bring up Vildernesss Girls years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superfriends coming together to win les is cool and all, but that doesn't trump the Spurs in a small market building a team from scratch and being dominant for 15 years, repeat (or threepeat) be damned.

Cue tanking, lucky picks, asterisk seasons, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superfriends coming together to win les is cool and all, but that doesn't trump the Spurs in a small market building a team from scratch and being dominant for 15 years, repeat (or threepeat) be damned.

Cue tanking, lucky picks, asterisk seasons, etc
    /thread

Thread Information