Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Diaw > Lee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, step back 3s? Yeah I would love to see some footage of him taking and making them multiple times in the playoffs as you suggest. Even the best, most purest of jumpshooters rarely take step-back 3s the way Parker did in that situation. Not saying he didn't hit any, just I hadn't see it from him, and anyone that has watched Parker in his career, knows he is a mediocre 3pt shooter at best.

I get the argument you are attempting to make, but unfortunately for you, your argument sucks more than Jason Collins. Fact is, you are comparing a contested step back 3 from a poor 3pt shooter, to a spot up wide open 3 from a guy who's offense is entirely spot up wide open 3s and is quite good at them.

And the initial comparison was calling Ray's 3 flukey, when he simply hit a spot up jumper. He is the most prolific 3pt shooter in NBA history. How is that flukey, especially if you compare it to Parker's step back 3?

Why would you think I am a troll of theirs? I've been on this forum longer than either of them tbh. I was actually the one who introduced Mono to ST.
    Welp, we'll have to agree to disagree here because I'm starting to lose track of the argument. I'm saying that, although Parker is a poor 3 point shooter career-wise, lately (and especially last year) he was taking and making threes I remember two specific ones in Game 3 against GS and Game 4 against Memphis where he made them in clutch time (or somewhat clutch time as neither game was as close as 6).

I never said Allen's 3 was a fluke and I knew as soon as he shot it it was good. Parker's was more of a fluke. However, in regards to the situation and how each player had been playing so far in the playoffs, I felt Parker's shot was less flukey than Battier suddenly erupting to hit all but one or two of his shots when he hadn't been in months. Again, regression to the mean, but it was pretty out of nowhere; , a lot of people both during and after the game called it so as well (both Spurfan and non-Spurfan).

I actually didn't at first; when I first started posting here you were one of my favorite posters because your takes were always pretty solid. They still are but now its hard to differentiate between you and DD sometimes unless I look to the left of the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

>>

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Welp, we'll have to agree to disagree here because I'm starting to lose track of the argument. I'm saying that, although Parker is a poor 3 point shooter career-wise, lately (and especially last year) he was taking and making threes I remember two specific ones in Game 3 against GS and Game 4 against Memphis where he made them in clutch time (or somewhat clutch time as neither game was as close as 6).

I never said Allen's 3 was a fluke and I knew as soon as he shot it it was good. Parker's was more of a fluke. However, in regards to the situation and how each player had been playing so far in the playoffs, I felt Parker's shot was less flukey than Battier suddenly erupting to hit all but one or two of his shots when he hadn't been in months. Again, regression to the mean, but it was pretty out of nowhere; , a lot of people both during and after the game called it so as well (both Spurfan and non-Spurfan).
    Works for me.

I actually didn't at first; when I first started posting here you were one of my favorite posters because your takes were always pretty solid. They still are but now its hard to differentiate between you and DD sometimes unless I look to the left of the post.
    lol thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stretch and solid takes in the same sentence? long paragraphs of =/= solid takes

Roddy=Parker+Rose+Nash
    Dirk=2nd best PF ever even before 2011
    Dirk>KG
    Kawhi=Battier/Tony Allen
    etc
    etc

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Career 15/10 + multiple ASG appearances

>>

career 9/4 and being traded every couple years because he isn't good enough to keep

and at you bashing his defense, when him and Diaw both have a career D-rating of 107. Career offensive rating? Lee at 114, and Diaw at 106... g Diaw being a career negative factor for his teams

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd take Dirk over KG...if Thread were here he'd acknowledge how media conveniently forgets about Kevin's softscoop playoff days in Minny. I don't remember Dirk getting ousted from the first round 7 years in a row while smiling with a $125mil contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defensive rating stats would lead you to believe carlos boozer is elite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career 15/10 + multiple ASG appearances

>>

career 9/4 and being traded every couple years because he isn't good enough to keep

and at you bashing his defense, when him and Diaw both have a career D-rating of 107. Career offensive rating? Lee at 114, and Diaw at 106... g Diaw being a career negative factor for his teams
    Diaws defense >>> David 'I let opponents shoot 60%+ on me' Lees defense

DRating includes Team DRating and puts a strong emphasis on rebounding. Lee boxing out opponents before they even shoot skews his rating. Exhibit A of your stupid takes tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Roddy=Parker+Rose+Nash
    This is completely misquoted, although I don't have any issue admitting it was a terrible sounding take. BFD :

Dirk=2nd best PF ever even before 2011
    To biased morons like yourself, this won't go anywhere. But if I was building a team, outside of Timmy, there is no PF ever that I would rather build a team around, because of what Dirk brings to the table.

KG>Dirk

Kawhi=Battier/Tony Allen
    Battier and Tony Allen pretty much are strong defensive players with limited offensive skillsets.

Kawhi Leonard is a strong defensive player with a limited offensive skillset. That was my comparison. And it still stands.

Looking back at my reply, I really don't know why I even replied to your crap. It is literally impossible to have any sort of progressive or legit discussion with you. You are too focused on trying to troll people that for some reason you have a personal disliking for (over an internet forum ), but you are so awful at it that does nothing but make pretty much any legit, established poster here look at you as one of the worst posters in ST history. The only people who like you are GNSF, which is not a good thing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    don't say anything bad about my spurs

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    calling yourself ST's finest pretty much means you are actually one of ST's worst and are just starving for some kind of attention and recognition that you never will get in any sort of positive manner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people rank the Bulls a top 3 franchise because of the Jordan effect?

Outside of the 90's, the Bulls were playoff fodder/lottery bound.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yep.

Bulls should not be top 5 IMO. San Antonio, Miami, Detroit have all had generally more successful histories as franchises. Chicago had 1 nice run with the best player ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is completely misquoted, although I don't have any issue admitting it was a terrible sounding take. BFD :
    Excuses.

To biased morons like yourself, this won't go anywhere. But if I was building a team, outside of Timmy, there is no PF ever that I would rather build a team around, because of what Dirk brings to the table.
    How the am I the biased one when you are the one making one of the most re ed statements ever. Dirk was a choker prior to '11, period.

Its not even all that close.

Battier and Tony Allen pretty much are strong defensive players with limited offensive skillsets.

Kawhi Leonard is a strong defensive player with a limited offensive skillset. That was my comparison. And it still stands.

Looking back at my reply, I really don't know why I even replied to your crap. It is literally impossible to have any sort of progressive or legit discussion with you. You are too focused on trying to troll people that for some reason you have a personal disliking for (over an internet forum ), but you are so awful at it that does nothing but make pretty much any legit, established poster here look at you as one of the worst posters in ST history. The only people who like you are GNSF, which is not a good thing.
    You still continue to think Kawhi is limited like Battier/Allen are? Did you not watch the NBA Finals imbecile? Let me know when Battier/Allen ever did anything similar offensively.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Yes...in addition to 6 les, the Jordan effect globalized the NBA game to the point where it transcended sport. Ask anybody in the world who Michael Jordan is and they can tell you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Excuses.

How the am I the biased one when you are the one making one of the most re ed statements ever. Dirk was a choker prior to '11, period.

Its not even all that close.

You still continue to think Kawhi is limited like Battier/Allen are? Did you not watch the NBA Finals imbecile? Let me know when Battier/Allen ever did anything similar offensively.
    I literally didn't read any of this.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Phillip looking like Dirk in game 1 2011 WCF tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FkLA: 'Dirk is a borderline Top 25 player of all-time, Top 5 PF and has a Top 5 most unstoppable move of all-time.'

stretch the re : 'Youre biased against Dirky.'

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    He's taken a big wet on SF. Taking that effeminate got Robz4000 to school is the highlight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's taken a big wet on SF. Taking that effeminate got Robz4000 to school is the highlight.
    Forum rag makes his triumphant return after MethKC lost again. You ran off pretty quick the other night as well tbh.

Big Dog can dish it but can't take it

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And FkLA looking like Manu in 6

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Forum rag makes his triumphant return after MethKC lost again. You ran off pretty quick the other night as well tbh.

Big Dog can dish it but can't take it
    I know Philip got you floundered already but get your straight scrub; BD was here after the loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Philip got you floundered already but get your straight scrub; BD was here after the loss.
    for about 5 minutes before Thread drove you off. You gonna take an extended meth binge when Memphis taps that ass tomorrow night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cold blooded

that was the game where JVG said Ibaka should name his first son dirk

Thread Information