Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    why is this news . the only thing anybody has ever heard about Tom Savage was that he had a strong arm. his entire scouting report is basically "has very little experience, very raw, but is tall and has a very strong arm"

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I'll take what optimism I can with all the noodle arms we've had in Houston.

I don't expect much this year. At least he has a chance to ride the bench and learn from det Amish Rifle.

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    Post Count
    why is this news . the only thing anybody has ever heard about Tom Savage was that he had a strong arm. his entire scouting report is basically "has very little experience, very raw, but is tall and has a very strong arm"
    All Savage has to do is get his game manager on like Wilson.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    All Savage has to do is get his game manager on like Wilson.
    if he can manage with a 100qb rating with a 2.7/1 TD/INT ratio, i'm sure houston will be solid too

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    ...anything better than schaub

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah, the raiders took a huge cap hit with the carson palmer trade. iirc all bonus money gets accelerated. the new team only pays base salaries

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    First, the Texans are primed for an immediate comeback toward the middle of the NFL pack, even if the combination of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tom Savage they’ll run out at quarterback might preclude them from being a playoff contender. Virtually every metric I can find suggests they were an underrated and unlucky team last year, and that’s without considering how they repeatedly juggled quarterbacks and quit on their coach. With even average luck next year, Houston should be a 7-9 or 8-8 team. And if it has a few bounces break its way — picture Jadeveon Clowney and J.J. Watt wishboning Andrew Luck — the Texans could very well be next year’s surprise playoff team. Washington and Atlanta were also among 2013’s more unlucky teams.
    http://grantland.com/features/nfl-st...cting-success/

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Fitzmagic named the starter...Yates released. Yates should get a job pretty quick. He's a decent backup for a team with trash behind the starter.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know who to root for next year. So many great QBs out there. I'm gonna have to research this tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

Schaub in Oakland
    Fitzmagic in Houston
    Romo and FNC in Dallas
    The Trifecta of Winning in Washington

Who to choose...

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Amish Rifle as your starter and Clowneys lazy ass is already faking injuries, and all you guys are worried about is what Football is up to in his offseason.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    clearly tanking for jameis or mariota

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Amish Rifle as your starter and Clowneys lazy ass is already faking injuries, and all you guys are worried about is what Football is up to in his offseason.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Why is Texan fan so excited about football season when the Colts are going to win the division again?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    So Yates didn't get released after all. Houston traded him to Atlanta for LB Akeem Dent...who I know absolutely nothing about. Even if he sucks and gets cut, props to Rick Smith for getting something for Yates instead of just dumping him...especially a veteran LB as Houston needs depth at the position.

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    So Yates didn't get released after all. Houston traded him to Atlanta for LB Akeem Dent...who I know absolutely nothing about. Even if he sucks and gets cut, props to Rick Smith for getting something for Yates instead of just dumping him...especially a veteran LB as Houston needs depth at the position.
    Nobody cares about Texan transactions. They are not gonna get the team anywhere. They will always be .

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Brooks Reed officially makes the transition to ILB. Good move. He plays the run and seals the edge well. Should be a great fit beside Cushing.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

yessir

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Get this started.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    lots of players cramping up obviously.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler
    Quote:
    Andre Johnson asked if he liked O'Brien being loud, "I love it. It's great. I think it was something needed around here."

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Post practice interviews/notes:
    Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
    Quote:
    "He's a bright guy, he's an extremely talented football player, and he'll be ready to go when it's time to go." -O'Brien on Andre Johnson.

"Every position on this team, both coach and player, will be EARNED." -O'Brien

O'Brien: "We have a strong belief in how to win. We all do. We need to try to get better every single day."

"The intensity and compe iveness was good. The sharpness is something we have to work oncontinuously." -O'Brien on 1st Training Camp

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
    Quote:
    #Texans' Jadeveon Clowney said he is "limited" right now. "I don’t know the percentage but I know I ain’t 100 percent." #NFL

#Texans' O'Brien makes it clear he's big on veterans. Game/NFL experience can't be recreated. #NFL

With all #Texans who ran passing conditioning test, O'Brien said team is in good overall physical shape at this point.

#Texans will begin hitting Monday. Team will be using full contact "quite a bit" this offseason, O'Brien said.

#Texans had a full team meeting Friday to open camp. About 200 people involved, O'Brien said. #NFL

#Texans on schedule but "light years" away from being ready for #Redskins in Week 1, O'Brien said.

#Texans' Jadeveon Clowney is still rehabbing and being restricted. Can practice, though. #NFL

#Texans' O'Brien: "The fans in Houston are awesome. It's a football town. It's a football state." #NFL

All Texans who ran conditioning test passed it, O'Brien said. #NFL

AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler
    Quote:
    Andre Johnson asked if he liked O'Brien being loud, "I love it. It's great. I think it was something needed around here."

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
    Quote:
    EZ on the jugs machine after a very solid day. Added muscle and great at finding weak spot in the zone.

Andre Johnson "First time I looked at the playbook, I said WOW!" #TexansTC

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
    Quote:
    O'Brien says team is conditioned but not for full pads/full contact. Will focus on that the first few days of camp. #Texans

O'Brien says Brandon Brooks is working hard to get back on the field. Doesn't discuss reason for Non-football injury list designation.

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
    Quote:
    O'Brien said he talked a lot w/Andre Johnson over last 6 months about #Texans new offensive concepts.

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
    Quote:
    Cramps were a problem for several players, including D. J. Swearinger. He said he had 2 IVs before practice and still had problems.

Fitzpatrick had his full family in attendance, wife and four very young kids. He introduced them to Case Keenum before he met w/media.

'Dre said he felt fine today. Had a set number of plays to run and all went well. He looked like his old self to me, not an old self.

'Dre and Fitzy made very nice after practice. 'Dre: "I really like him." Fitzy: "I've always admired him from afar."

PDS ‏@PatDStat
    Quote:
    C.J. Fiedorowicz said a "Mid west boy" didn't realize the heat was this serious in Houston. #Texans

Thread Information