U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't see Baby Buss as a very competent person, but you cannot laugh at him for not bringing back Phil Jackson. What could he possibly do for this team? Phil Jackson is able to turn talent into championships, not fecal matter into diamonds.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Phil would at least give the Lakers more appeal and maybe he could attract players in the future. The Laker brand is supposed to sell itself, with Jim at the helm, he has destroyed that brand. Jim just wants control to himself and hasn't learned anything.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fredo

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil would at least give the Lakers more appeal and maybe he could attract players in the future. The Laker brand is supposed to sell itself, with Jim at the helm, he has destroyed that brand. Jim just wants control to himself and hasn't learned anything.
    Phil Jackson would be thrown under the bus, fans would expect that the move would equate to championships. There is really no reason to bring him into the Lakers, there is no indication to him being like Riley - a good coach & executive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It says a lot that Phil jumped at the chance to work for DOLAN instead of Fredo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was expecting the Brave heart freedom pic.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Phil the GM is not going to be successful as Phil the coach It's the reason why he and Krause clashed in Chicago.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure lots of teams talk about x player or x coach and it never gains traction. LA and Phil were conducive to each other's success. It's a shame that neither will be able to return to glory until some next gen superstar shows up in either town
    Last edited by TheGoldStandard; 03-15-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil's banging Jeanie, of course they had talks over Phil getting a role in LA but Jimbo doesn't want Phil to take over the organization due to his ego.

Although he stood 6 feet 2 inches, Buss attended jockey school when he was 20.
    Fredo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the curse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Baby Buss as a very competent person, but you cannot laugh at him for not bringing back Phil Jackson. What could he possibly do for this team? Phil Jackson is able to turn talent into championships, not fecal matter into diamonds.
    It seems like everyone seems to forget that Phil had dog seasons when he didn't have the best frontcourt in the league. If Phil tries to run the triangle with the the Lakers currently have, they'd probably do an even better job at tanking.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Makes sense. He didn't want to coach and is a 70 year old man with no experience as anything but.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Makes sense. He didn't want to coach and is a 70 year old man with no experience as anything but.
    Keep defending an asshole whose biggest accomplishment was a trade that didn't happen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Keep defending an asshole whose biggest accomplishment was a trade that didn't happen.
    What are you talking about?

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    What are you talking about?
    The Lakers needed someone who can run the organization effectively. Taking a chance with Phil is better than Jim or Jeannie. And Jim's biggest accomplishment is the trade that didn't happen. (CP3)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers needed someone who can run the organization effectively. Taking a chance with Phil is better than Jim or Jeannie. And Jim's biggest accomplishment is the trade that didn't happen. (CP3)
    & replace Kupchak? No. We needed Phil to coach, but, he did not want to do that. I'm sure when he resurfaced this time they ran it past him once again and he again resisted. So they passed on him. Let the Knicks buy it.

Jim's biggest accomplishment(s) were insisting on drafting Bynum & then insisting that Kobe not run him off. Otherwise we're light 2 NBA les.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    & replace Kupchak? No. We needed Phil to coach, but, he did not want to do that. I'm sure when he resurfaced this time they ran it past him once again and he again resisted. So they passed on him. Let the Knicks buy it.

Jim's biggest accomplishment(s) were insisting on drafting Bynum & then insisting that Kobe not run him off. Otherwise we're light 2 NBA les.
    Kupchak has no power as it is anyway, he works for Jim. And no, Jim was neither responsible for Bynum nor Gasol. BTW, the Lakers were in 5th place before MVPau carried them to the finals, with Bynum not even playing. Christ!

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    True, he's no Gregg Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kupchak has no power as it is anyway, he works for Jim. And no, Jim was neither responsible for Bynum nor Gasol. BTW, the Lakers were in 5th place before MVPau carried them to the finals, with Bynum not even playing. Christ!
    I may be wrong but weren't they leading the West before the Gasol trade. It was just before the all star game and Kobe couldn't just stop smiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be wrong but weren't they leading the West before the Gasol trade. It was just before the all star game and Kobe couldn't just stop smiling.
    they weren't leading the west, but they were certainly looking better than they had the previous 3 seasons, and Bynum had finally gotten out of his s and was playing very well. then he got hurt and it spurred the gasol trade

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    The Lakers were one of the NBA's best teams before the 20-year-old Bynum injured his left knee Jan. 13 against Memphis, coincidentally. Los Angeles had a 28-16 record entering Friday night's game at Toronto but had lost five of eight since Bynum was injured.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Los Angeles had a 28-16 record entering Friday night's game at Toronto but had lost five of eight since Bynum was injured.
    Kirby failing once again as the first option, no wonder they had to trade for a true alpha

Thread Information