Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There it is folks....not like we didn't know...

“It's just a reality, I’m not going to retire because, you know, I want the money,” Nash said in the final installment of a three-part Grantland do entary series chronicling his injury-plagued season. "It's honest."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't blame him, Kool. It's a business. If you don't want to pay the piper, don't hire him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't blame him, Kool. It's a business. If you don't want to pay the piper, don't hire him.
    I don't blame him either...I'd take the money too...they just need to assess if they want to use that provision to cut him loose and save some cash. I don't think he can or will being ...All of the gambles we've taken over the past few yrs with Gasol thinking he'd change each year was a failure. For as much as I'd like to be optimistic I don't see it with Nash even for 1 more year and even after he's been out all this time. His biggest strength as a prime player was breaking down the defense with his penetration he can no longer do that...that was always the one thing that covered over his bad defense..now without that he's useless. He's just a very expensive spot up shooter now. Got to cut him to make way for Melo and Love...who I both predict will be in a Laker uni next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was a thread on that interview about a week ago.

the way i see it, obviously he's doing it for the money. there are no nba players who aren't making good money, these dude's aint playing for charity. its their career. a judge wouldn't appear in court if he wasn't getting paid. the problem is athletes make their money due to fans spending money. its one thing to think that way, but its another thing to say it bluntly the way nash did that makes it so distasteful

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    there was a thread on that interview about a week ago.

the way i see it, obviously he's doing it for the money. there are no nba players who aren't making good money, these dude's aint playing for charity. its their career. a judge wouldn't appear in court if he wasn't getting paid. the problem is athletes make their money due to fans spending money. its one thing to think that way, but its another thing to say it bluntly the way nash did that makes it so distasteful
    ^ diasgree. I think what makes it distasteful is people like you wanting to dictate to him how he should talk or live his life. All Kobe did was accept what was offered and yall tee'd off on him as well. When Duncan called the new NBA dress code "RE ED" I bet that didn't have an ounce of distaste in it from a Spur fan perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ diasgree. I think what makes it distasteful is people like you wanting to dictate to him how he should talk or live his life. All Kobe did was accept what was offered and yall tee'd off on him as well. When Duncan called the new NBA dress code "RE ED" I bet that didn't have an ounce of distaste in it from a Spur fan perspective.
    those two scenarios are nothing alike. nash's comments are basically saying he doesnt cares bout the fans or winning. some probably found duncan's word choice to be out of taste (although lets be real, people in texas dont really care about being politically correct).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    those two scenarios are nothing alike. nash's comments are basically saying he doesnt cares bout the fans or winning. some probably found duncan's word choice to be out of taste (although lets be real, people in texas dont really care about being politically correct).
    Excuses Excuses!!!

Ernie the pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    excellent retort. this is why nobody takes you seriously here. stick to your posts obsessing over gay men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread perfectly explains spurstalk. Legitimate basketball discussion left only to be derailed by some stupid shtick that no one finds even remotely funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori just ban op already please.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    why? go dry your pussy cry baby...and stay the outta my threads

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes advocate the banning of a member.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this thread perfectly explains spurstalk. Legitimate basketball discussion left only to be derailed by some stupid shtick that no one finds even remotely funny.
    Please. Your people spend their time stretchin' out Kobe. Now, NOW you complain.

Get the out.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Please. Your people spend their time stretchin' out Kobe. Now, NOW you complain.

Get the out.
    You can dish it, but not take it, Dale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get the out.
    tbh this also replies to all the kirby jokes and everything. i hate when a good basketball thread discussion (not saying this thread had much potential) gets derailed by all the 5>4 and all that stuff.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Keepin it real

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh this also replies to all the kirby jokes and everything. i hate when a good basketball thread discussion (not saying this thread had much potential) gets derailed by all the 5>4 and all that stuff.
    Frankly, your people are the host here. You can dish it, but, you cannot take it. And from the moment that Kobe garnered that fifth you've had to take it. Anyway, you got that thing where you always get 50 wins, and that thing where your don't stink, and that thing where you closed down Ralph's in L.A., and that thing where you've never lost a Finals. Oops-E-daisy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, your people are the host here. You can dish it, but, you cannot take it. And from the moment that Kobe garnered that fifth you've had to take it. Anyway, you got that thing where you always get 50 wins, and that thing where your don't stink, and that thing where you closed down Ralph's in L.A., and that thing where you've never lost a Finals. Oops-E-daisy!
    last part was cold

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would give up 9.7 mil in any situation when its basically free money?

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    , Kobe is doing it for what, 3x that? Oh but he's a compe or

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who would give up 9.7 mil in any situation when its basically free money?
    The complaint is that he could have gotten that 10 million by sitting out and letting the insurance carrier take over and pay him, but, I genuinely believe he wants and believes he can get upright. It's every players dream to make the miraculous comeback, to peel back the years. I'm sure he's sitting there in utter disbelief that it is over. That 20 years went by in a blink. Sure, he'll go to broadcasting most likely, but, this is as good as it's gonna get and it'll never get this good again. I'd hang on too, every in' second.

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The complaint is that he could have gotten that 10 million by sitting out and letting the insurance carrier take over and pay him, but, I genuinely believe he wants and believes he can get upright. It's every players dream to make the miraculous comeback, to peel back the years. I'm sure he's sitting there in utter disbelief that it is over. That 20 years went by in a blink. Sure, he'll go to broadcasting most likely, but, this is as good as it's gonna get and it'll never get this good again. I'd hang on too, every in' second.
    Tell me about it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agree, Nash wants that $$$ but he doesn't want to go out like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like you continuing to post tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like you continuing to post tbh..
    Deeps

Thread Information