Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Neh, but i applaud Kliff's efforts which include hiring Jamile's high school coach

Post Count
    I don't think he flips either although a OV this late in the game always makes you a little nervous.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    the is up with that? I know even you gotta think thats strange by now.
    E-N confirming what I suspected

It's an Epidemic.*From the*Express-News, we have an article on how college quarterbacks are transferring left and right and it's been happening for a while:

Between 2001 and 2014, more than 30 percent of 300-plus Texas high school quarterbacks who signed with Football Bowl Subdivision schools eventually transferred, including such future NFL signal-callers as*Ryan Mallett*and*Nick Foles.

In addition, about 25 percent of players who signed as quarterbacks were moved to other positions, and fewer than 30 percent of Texas quarterback recruits started at least one season at the position.It's an issue not only for quarterbacks in search of playing time and a possible pro career but for coaches seeking depth and compe ion for playing time at the most important position.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2015/...aider-gridiron

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    25% is 1/4, not 3/4 or whatever it was for yall

lol TT

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    25% is 1/4, not 3/4 or whatever it was for yall

lol TT
    Wut.

I don't think you read it.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I skimmed through it. It's actually 30%.

Still you had 3 out of your 4 QBs transfer, no? That's considerably higher than the 30% average.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I skimmed through it. It's actually 30%.

Still you had 3 out of your 4 QBs transfer, no? That's considerably higher than the 30% average.
    Just one freak year, but it's not like it was Kliff's fault the way you made it out to be.

That'll happen when you have guys that believe they deserve playing time. Tech happened to have guys that all wanted to play.

But just as quickly as that happened, Tech is now set at QB with two young capable starters.....which is why Stidham decommitted.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

have to keep an eye on this kid. Definitely has the best name in this class.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And then he goes and tweets this.

Lol dumbass

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    seems like he'll slide right in, in lubbock
    to a lesser degree than he would in college station, but yeah, probably.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    surprising .............. do u think tech flips jamile ?
    Tech flipped both Jamile AND big surprise of the day teammate 4 star WR JF Thomas away from TCU.

Hiring coach Emmett from SOC High School paid immediate dividends. Will hopefully pay dividends in 2016/2017.

semencloud.jpg

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Star of the day

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech sitting at #27 per Scout.

Had potential for top 15, but all in all, considering the small class, I think it's a really good year. Still need more D line though....

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Tech flipped both Jamile AND big surprise of the day teammate 4 star WR JF Thomas away from TCU.

Hiring coach Emmett from SOC High School paid immediate dividends. Will hopefully pay dividends in 2016/2017.

semencloud.jpg
    Still have no idea why hiring HS coaches isn't the first option for anyone that isn't a Top 10 program.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Still have no idea why hiring HS coaches isn't the first option for anyone that isn't a Top 10 program.
    Yeah at least for lower level positions.

it's how Art Briles got his college start. Leach hired him as running backs coach at Tech to get a pipeline going to Stephenville and surrounding area.

Kliff hiring Mike Jinks from Steele helped get Justin Stockton and Terence Steele

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Lol never heard of her. bye.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Tech's first commit of this class. Went from unranked to being the second highest recruit behind Fehoko.

Great story. Won the state track championship last year in the 200m with a national best 20.71 time.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ^^^^

...... Last Aug. 14, four days into preseason football practice, Thomas’ mother, Tamekia Boggas, suffered a heart attack and was placed on life support.A week later, with Boggas still on life support, doctors at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas induced coma in an effort to stop her seizures.At least every other day, as summer transitioned to fall and winter neared, Thomas came to Baylor to be at his mother’s bedside, often bringing his homework.“[Doctors] told us she could hear us,” Thomas said. “She could hear us, but she couldn’t see us or talk to us.”

There were many updates to share as Thomas and his Bears teammates overcame an 0-3 start and made a playoff push. J.F., the youngest of Boggas’ four children, said he had two standing requests.“I just told her to get better soon,” he said, voice cracking and tears suddenly streaming down his cheeks. “And I told her I wanted her to make a football game.”

Recalling those painful moments, Thomas sat in the office of South Oak Cliff football coach Emmett Jones. Before another word could be said, Jones gently interrupted.

“We’ve got you,” he told Thomas. “Understand what I’m saying? We’re with you.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/hig...g-receiver.ece
    excellent job getting both this coach and this kid, Kliff.

Post Count

Lol never heard of her. bye.
    She will be missed. She had a great run.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    She will be missed. She had a great run.
    I thought it was a questionable decision to redshirt her during her freshman year, but it seemed to work out for the best

Thread Information