Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP was/is right, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP shat on 90% of the posters that posted here, tbh. Time gave him the victory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP shat on 90% of the posters that posted here, tbh. Time gave him the victory.
    His theory was sound. I mentioned Pat Riley talked about it back in the 80's.
    But centers haven't been useless just reduced to a specialty.

1. The team with the two best records both played Centers Rox (Capela/nene) and Raptors (Valucianas/Poetl)
    2. Pachulia taking out Kawhi was one of the key plays of the last two years ...
    3. Warriors still start a center have as they 3 of the past 4 les. none are in their death lineups, which is the embodiment of Gino-steps' theory but Looney, Bogut, Mcgee and Zaza have all palyed key roles.
    4. State double down and signed Boogie ...
    5. Embiid led a sixers resurgence ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also didn't Step who is not even 6 foot 4 lead a championship?
    Wasnt Kyrie the 2nd most important player the year after?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His theory was sound. I mentioned Pat Riley talked about it back in the 80's.
    But centers haven't been useless just reduced to a specialty.

1. The team with the two best records both played Centers Rox (Capela/nene) and Raptors (Valucianas/Poetl)
    Capella is a rarity, a center that moves his feet on defense like a guard. Valanciunas would be a PF in yesterday's NBA. Either way, he's irrelevant. He's not winning a championship as a top 5 player of a team any time soon.

2. Pachulia taking out Kawhi was one of the key plays of the last two years ...
    Below the belt, tbh.

3. Warriors still start a center have as they 3 of the past 4 les. none are in their death lineups, which is the embodiment of Gino-steps' theory but Looney, Bogut, Mcgee and Zaza have all palyed key roles.
    When it's winning time, neither of those guys see the floor.

4. State double down and signed Boogie ...
    For the MLE it is a no brainer. Doesn't mean they think Boogie will be a vital piece.

5. Embiid led a sixers resurgence ...
    Let's see him get past the second round first.

There will always be PG's and centers. But the roles/types of those players will change. The most valuable PG's will be those who are on the taller side of the scale, and the most valuable centers will be those that can move their feet on the perimter. And both aspects come down to one thing: not having defensive liabilities on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also didn't Step who is not even 6 foot 4 lead a championship?
    Wasnt Kyrie the 2nd most important player the year after?
    Steph is an all-time talent. Kyrie didn't lead a championship team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Steph is an all-time talent. Kyrie didn't lead a championship team.
    I said 2nd best and he hit the biggest shots ...
    But we all know Lebron led that team ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Capella is a rarity, a center that moves his feet on defense like a guard. Valanciunas would be a PF in yesterday's NBA. Either way, he's irrelevant. He's not winning a championship as a top 5 player of a team any time soon.

Below the belt, tbh.

When it's winning time, neither of those guys see the floor.

For the MLE it is a no brainer. Doesn't mean they think Boogie will be a vital piece.

Let's see him get past the second round first.

There will always be PG's and centers. But the roles/types of those players will change. The most valuable PG's will be those who are on the taller side of the scale, and the most valuable centers will be those that can move their feet on the perimter. And both aspects come down to one thing: not having defensive liabilities on the floor.
    Was only partially playing but without that late contest, Maybe Kawhi is still a Spur and maybe they even win that series and abnother le. I still think state wins, but ....

No one can say for sure. Kawhi pre injury was the one player who could limit KD on offense amd Green could have at least helped limit Klay. no mtchup for steph still but Spurs had a a puncher's chance ...
    Now they are a regular season empty calories team. Spurs nab 4th or 5th and probably lose in a tough 7 game series to someone ...

All because of a dirty contest, smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was only partially playing but without that late contest, Maybe Kawhi is still a Spur and maybe they even win that series and abnother le. I still think state wins, but ....

No one can say for sure. Kawhi pre injury was the one player who could limit KD on offense amd Green could have at least helped limit Klay. no mtchup for steph still but Spurs had a a puncher's chance ...
    Now they are a regular season empty calories team. Spurs nab 4th or 5th and probably lose in a tough 7 game series to someone ...

All because of a dirty contest, smh
    Way to go on a tangent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said 2nd best and he hit the biggest shots ...
    But we all know Lebron led that team ...
    Yeah well, OP said "PG...led teams".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So curry didn’t lead the warriors? Argument can be made that Durant led the last two even though the entire GSW offense revolves around Curry’s shooting but you can’t possibly say anyone but curry led the warriors in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So curry didn’t lead the warriors? Argument can be made that Durant led the last two even though the entire GSW offense revolves around Curry’s shooting but you can’t possibly say anyone but curry led the warriors in 2015.
    Steph is an all-time talent.
    More than "all-time talent", he's a "once in a lifetime cheat code", tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder who this could be.

OP was/is right, tbh.

Except the history of the league is littered with C led teams winning championships (Mikan, Russell, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, Malone, Olajuwon, O'Neal, Duncan), but I guess if it didn't happen before '15, it doesn't count.

The question is, can it still win? '07 Duncan was the last 1st option big to win a championship (though in '14, in the most critical moments of the run, which were game 6 of the WCF, it was him turning back the clock that got them over the hump).

Similar to '08 Garnett, I think Davis could be the best player on a championship team, but I don't know if he could be the 1st option. He might need a Pierce.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Except the history of the league is littered with C led teams winning championships (Mikan, Russell, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, Malone, Olajuwon, O'Neal, Duncan), but I guess if it didn't happen before '15, it doesn't count.

The question is, can it still win? '07 Duncan was the last 1st option big to win a championship (though in '14, in the most critical moments of the run, which were game 6 of the WCF, it was him turning back the clock that got them over the hump).

Similar to '08 Garnett, I think Davis could be the best player on a championship team, but I don't know if he could be the 1st option. He might need a Pierce.
    Agreed.
    And I stand by David would be perfect to lead a team in this era if you surrounded him with shooters.
    No he is not KG at defending pnr but I think he could do as well as Capela was faster end to end and stronger ...
    Ayton has the "look" of a young david but not sure he has his game but he is younger (a lot) entering the league we will see ...

League has shifted but if say Unibrow was surrounded by the right cast, he could win it too.
    That is why Boston despite building ateam of guys like Ginostep talks about still is pursuing Davis.
    no he is not a traditional center but its the only place to play him in modern NBA no coincidence NOLa got better when he moved to center last year ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than "all-time talent", he's a "once in a lifetime cheat code", tbh.
    STILL a Pg though wasn’t he? It’s like me saying lebron really isn’t a SF but a PG, which he really is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Comparing Magic and LeBron to Shaun ing Livingston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.
    And I stand by David would be perfect to lead a team in this era if you surrounded him with shooters.
    No he is not KG at defending pnr but I think he could do as well as Capela was faster end to end and stronger ...
    Ayton has the "look" of a young david but not sure he has his game but he is younger (a lot) entering the league we will see ...

League has shifted but if say Unibrow was surrounded by the right cast, he could win it too.
    That is why Boston despite building ateam of guys like Ginostep talks about still is pursuing Davis.
    no he is not a traditional center but its the only place to play him in modern NBA no coincidence NOLa got better when he moved to center last year ...
    The last two championships proved supporting cast matters more than anything in today’s nba.

As for Ayton. I believe players are either defenders or not. I can’t think of any horrible defenders who would become dominant defenders later on in their careers. I think at best Ayton will become an average defender but nowhere close to a Robinson, Hakeem or Garnett level player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, duh! To me it's obvious he was talking about current NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The last two championships proved supporting cast matters more than anything in today’s nba.

As for Ayton. I believe players are either defenders or not. I can’t think of any horrible defenders who would become dominant defenders later on in their careers. I think at best Ayton will become an average defender but nowhere close to a Robinson, Hakeem or Garnett level player.
    I normally agree with that sentiment but only hold out hope for Ayton because those guys were 4 year collegians... Ayton is still young. John Salley for example wasn't a great defender in college but improved under Chuck Daly. Dwight also improved on defense after his rookie year... Duncan also improved from his rookie year. In college Duncan was a good defender but Camby was better on Defense because of his lengtg/mobility in a center of a defense IMHO Duncan was way better on offense. But in the pros Camby wasn't all that great and Duncan surpasses him in every possible way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Duncan was the real Finals MVP that year, Enrique just padded stats against Boobie Gibson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PF-C position can be interchangeable. Hard for me to believe if the next Hakeem,Shaq,Duncan came out tomorrow that they would not at least win 1 championship in this current league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, duh! To me it's obvious he was talking about current NBA.
    2015 not current enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally agree with that sentiment but only hold out hope for Ayton because those guys were 4 year collegians... Ayton is still young. John Salley for example wasn't a great defender in college but improved under Chuck Daly. Dwight also improved on defense after his rookie year... Duncan also improved from his rookie year. In college Duncan was a good defender but Camby was better on Defense because of his lengtg/mobility in a center of a defense IMHO Duncan was way better on offense. But in the pros Camby wasn't all that great and Duncan surpasses him in every possible way.
    Gimme a break. Camby was never better than duncan on d. You can claim camby was a better shot blocker but he was never a better defender. Sally improved but he went from average to good. Not bad to great. Ayton is bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015 not current enough?
    I didn't mean to respond to you. Somehow I multi-quoted you and I can't edit posts with the new servers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it happened again.

Thread Information