MVP
    ROY HIBBERT
    $60 million

just

Oh yeah, and the blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Blazers aren't even te main guests anymore. They've been bumped further down for the Pacers. Shame for the ol' sports. Tlong must be spinning in his grave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I thought the Bulls were offensively challenged 65 points halfway through the 4th??

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Pacers are overrated because the refs allow Hibbert to get away with murder against the Heat and call it "verticality"

this , LkrFan!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say really surprised with the development. Granger was much more important for that team than stats and numbers can show, and also, they never found any answers for their offense.

Horrible offensive rebounding team despite their size (so that they can go back on defense).
    Terrible 3pt shooting team (knew this all along, but part of it is because they run so many isos)

The offensive rebounding part, at least, yielded some results in the form of defense, but the lack of effective offensive sets really stops this team from becoming great. Again, we all know about it because we know George Hill is not a great PG, but they really have to have PG take the step up to the next level and become a facilitator better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta say really surprised with the development. Granger was much more important for that team than stats and numbers can show, and also, they never found any answers for their offense.

Horrible offensive rebounding team despite their size (so that they can go back on defense).
    Terrible 3pt shooting team (knew this all along, but part of it is because they run so many isos)

The offensive rebounding part, at least, yielded some results in the form of defense, but the lack of effective offensive sets really stops this team from becoming great. Again, we all know about it because we know George Hill is not a great PG, but they really have to have PG take the step up to the next level and become a facilitator better.
    You could say that about plenty of players on plenty of teams. The heat 3 peat wont be easy but not as hard as anticipated either ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could say that about plenty of players on plenty of teams. The heat 3 peat wont be easy but not as hard as anticipated either ...
    well, I mean not more, but much much more. At least based on anecdotal evidence, his veteran leadership and ability to gel the team was integral to the success of the team, sort of like Fisher with the Lakers.

As for the Heat, if the Spurs manage to make it to the Finals, I think they will present a challenge as the Spurs can really make things tough for them.

I still think the Pacers can present major problems to the Heat if they manage to meet up, same with Chicago, and by some divine intervention, Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, I mean not more, but much much more. At least based on anecdotal evidence, his veteran leadership and ability to gel the team was integral to the success of the team, sort of like Fisher with the Lakers.

As for the Heat, if the Spurs manage to make it to the Finals, I think they will present a challenge as the Spurs can really make things tough for them.

I still think the Pacers can present major problems to the Heat if they manage to meet up, same with Chicago, and by some divine intervention, Houston.
    Counting out Brooklyn, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting out Brooklyn, eh?
    Not totally sold. Their defense is suspect (especially when Garnett is not 100%), second, their offense is a lot of isolation plays and the Heat is the master of it. I don't see anybody out-isoing Miami, and that's why OKC is generally not viewed as a good matchup for them.

Also, the Nets team seems injury prone.

I see a few "weaknesses" (these are relative) in the Heat's game:
    1) Average coaching - a great coach will cause major problems
    2) Over reliance on drive and kick. A major rim protector will cause them issues, but I am talking about someone who can cause problems for Lebron and Wade. Fortunately for them, there aren't too many of those around anymore
    3) Average 3 pt defense - a team with great outside shooting and ball movement will cause them issues
    4) Not much interior rebounding
    5) Horrible rim protection - the heat are great with forcing TOs, but a team with good ball handling and penetration will give them some trouble.
    Last edited by ambchang; 03-31-2014 at 11:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Blazers aren't even te main guests anymore. They've been bumped further down for the Pacers. Shame for the ol' sports. Tlong must be spinning in his grave
    Don't be fooled, Blazers are still the guest in the West.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be fooled, Blazers are still the guest in the West.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The offensive rebounding part, at least, yielded some results in the form of defense
    The Pacers' offensive rebounding has dropped precipitously from last year. They have gone from 4th to 21st in ORB%.

Still, the Pacers were #4 in offensive rebounding last year and #1 in both transition metrics (transition points allowed and transition defensive efficiency). The idea that you can't be good at both offense rebounding and getting back in transition has been debunked. It is not true in general, though it is dependent on player skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers' offensive rebounding has dropped precipitously from last year. They have gone from 4th to 21st in ORB%.

Still, the Pacers were #4 in offensive rebounding last year and #1 in both transition metrics (transition points allowed and transition defensive efficiency). The idea that you can't be good at both offense rebounding and getting back in transition has been debunked. It is not true in general, though it is dependent on player skills.
    Certainly doable. If you have a mobile frontline who can get back on defense quickly. The Pacers have that on paper, with players like Paul George and David West, but their offensive rebounding have both dropped off, and Hibbert is not rebounding as much as last year as well.

Part of it is probably because they are now the hunted, and teams prep for them and try to cut off their offensive rebounding. I still think the Pacers can turn it around, and they are still the best bet in the East to have a shot at Miami, but confidence issues is what comes with young teams.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    We're looking good. We'll show you a guest team.

Thread Information