Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In trying to make things so simple that even you could understand... you still couldn't understand.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Do lawyers use Wikipedia?

And you call me dumb. I used legal definitions.

Scott, why are you so fast to call someone "dumb?" Is it because you are so ing stupid you can't mount a coherent argument?

you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funniest part of Wild Cobra's idiocy is that there isn't even an outstanding question as to whether these arrangements were in violation of Section 1 (the first ing section!) of the Sherman Anti-trust Act. The only questions that remain are whether the employees can obtain class certification (District Court already say they can) and whether they are en led to damages. The arrangements themselves are so facially anti-compe ive that it's not even a question anymore.

Of course, Wild Cobra has been becoming increasing anti-compe ive lately, as evidenced by this gem:

I would like to see all short tern stock trading made illegal. Have a minimum number of hold days once purchased. Perhaps 30 days.
    What's next in your authoritarian state, Comrade Cobra?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do lawyers use Wikipedia?

And you call me dumb. I used legal definitions.

Scott, why are you so fast to call someone "dumb?" Is it because you are so ing stupid you can't mount a coherent argument?

you.
    No, people who need to explain BASIC ING CONCEPTS TO MORONS use Wikipedia.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    No, people who need to explain BASIC ING CONCEPTS TO MORONS use Wikipedia.
    No.

ing morons believe wikipedia without verifying the information first. You are the ing moron.

Please show me the law that covers what the lawsuit is asking.

Scott. I fail to see how you have enough brain cells to run a business.

The law does not cover what all you lib s want it to. They are trying to get a judge to rule otherwise. they are attempting to bend the law, but then, that's often the only way liberals can win in law. Twist it;'s intent.

Why not just ask congress to pass a new law to make agreements like this clearly illegal?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

ing morons believe wikipedia without verifying the information first. You are the ing moron.

The law does not cover what all you lib s want it to. They are trying to get a judge to rule otherwise. they are attempting to bend the law, but then, that's often the only way liberals can win in law. Twist it;'s intent.

Why not just ask congress to pass a new law to make agreements like this clearly illegal?
    So it is again all down to your partisan nature. You and Boots are the true brothers. Except he has a bit of a clue.

Jesus...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I'll bet that after this very basic and clear explanation the er still won't be able to wrap his mind around the concept.
    I understand exactly what Scott is misunderstanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, my point is not if it is wright or wrong, but that nobody has been able to show me the law that makes the practice illegal. The statue/paragraph cited is about trade an commerce. It covers good. Not people. Now if their is something that covers people, nobody has come up with it yet.
    You right here say that they agree to not compete. This should not be hard.

The Sherman an rust law as was pointed out to you.

Section 1. Trusts, etc., in restraint of trade illegal; penalty

Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or
    conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several
    States, or with foreign nations, is declared to be illegal. Every
    person who shall make any contract or engage in any combination or
    conspiracy hereby declared to be illegal shall be deemed guilty of
    a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine
    not exceeding $10,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other
    person, $350,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding three years,
    or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.

Section 2. Monopolizing trade a felony; penalty

Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or
    combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize
    any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with
    foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on
    conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding
    $10,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $350,000, or
    by imprisonment not exceeding three years, or by both said
    punishments, in the discretion of the court.
    As I pointed out before it is a per se violation because it is two independent firms who are conspiring to limit trade in the labor market. Don't repeat that you hav enot been told. You have been multiple times.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So it is again all down to your partisan nature. You and Boots are the true brothers. Except he has a bit of a clue.

Jesus...
    So you are going to join the idiot club too?

I have said I don't like what has happened. Debating the law is not the same as saying I agree with what it does.

People are not goods. If such a precinct is made, at some point someone will think of a way to make closer, the possibility to enslave us with the new legal President.

If you want to make the action this lawsuit is addressing, then change the law. Look at how many other things made precedent by judges have damaged our freedoms.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    As I pointed out before it is a per se violation because it is two independent firms who are conspiring to limit trade in the labor market. Don't repeat that you hav enot been told. You have been multiple times.
    And repeating an idea over and over again does not make it fact.

I read that before I asked for the law that applies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law that applies has been laid out in front of you over and over again in this thread...
    Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is declared to be illegal.
    Commerce is the whole system of an economy that cons utes an environment for business. The system includes legal, economic, political, social, cultural and technological systems that are in operation in any country. Thus, commerce is a system or an environment that affects the business prospects of an economy or a nation-state. It can also be defined as a component of business which includes all activities, functions and ins utions involved in transferring goods from producers to consumers.
    WC, if the clear violation of the Sherman An rust act is not apparent to you, will you settle for simple collusion?
    Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open compe ion by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage. It is an agreement among firms or individuals to divide a market, set prices, limit production or limit opportunities. It can involve "wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties"
    Do you really not see that the action taken by the firms in question is illegal?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The law that applies has been laid out in front of you over and over again in this thread...

WC, if the clear violation of the Sherman An rust act is not apparent to you, will you settle for simple collusion?

Do you really not see that the action taken by the firms in question is illegal?
    From the first wiki link:

This article needs additional citations for verification.

The second:

This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations.

How intelligent is it to use bad references? you have not proven anything yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

First of all using law definitions from your law dictionary is not binding. Different terms have different meanings. If you want to make a case about what we are talking about then cite some court cases.

I can name one huge area of litigation that is along these same lines. Sports law. Team control of players. Prior to the free agency era, teams agreed to not compete for the services of other teams players. It's pretty obvious what the SCOTUS ruled because such collusion is now illegal.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/conspiracy/

It is also a civil matter and can be pursued by an individual as well. There is a long history of law regarding trusts and employees. That the practice that seemed extinct for the past 100 years is now back and dip s like you think its okay for them to do is a sad state of affairs. Your servility makes it near impossible to respect you.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people here argue with the teabagger equivalent to mouse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From that wiki link:

This article needs additional citations for verification.

The second:

This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations.

How intelligent is it to use bad references? you have not proven anything yet.
    The excerpt from the Sherman An rust Law is from http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/sherman_an rust_act

The other two were simple definitions. Would you prefer me to quote them from a dictionary? Pick your favorite...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people here argue with the teabagger equivalent to mouse?
    Yeah. I am starting to get that. Intentional stupidity is wearing. How much do you think is feigned?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I am starting to get that. Intentional stupidity is wearing. How much do you think is feigned?
    WC is surely a dittohead, but the trolls almost exactly like robdiaz does in The Club.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The excerpt from the Sherman An rust Law is from http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/sherman_an rust_act

The other two were simple definitions. Would you prefer me to quote them from a dictionary? Pick your favorite...
    No Sherlock.

I have already read all that. we interpret it's meaning differently.

It may be broad, except it clarifies it speaks of "in restraint of trade or commerce"

So, you believe a person is to be "chattle?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Sherlock.

It may be broad, except it clarifies it speaks of "in restraint of trade or commerce"

Which is why I went ahead and gave you a definition for commerce...

No, I don't believe that people are chattel, but I do believe that labor clearly qualifies as "a component of business which includes all activities...involved in transferring goods from producers to consumers."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

I am joining the idiots... .?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC is surely a dittohead, but the trolls almost exactly like robdiaz does in The Club.
    I can see it. Rob actually gets a good one in for himself though. WC just seems to like to take abuse.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Which is why I went ahead and gave you a definition for commerce...

No, I don't believe that people are chattel, but I do believe that labor clearly qualifies as "a component of business which includes all activities...involved in transferring goods from producers to consumers."
    My God man.

That definition came out of an unsourced wiki article. Is that what the legal definition says, if so, where?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My God man.

That definition came out of an unsourced wiki article. Is that what the legal definition says, if so, where?
    My God man. I told you it was a simple definition. Again, would you prefer I quote that definition directly from a dictionary? Pick your favorite...

Are you really so -bent on slurping any and all corporations that you nitpick a simple definition in order to deny the point?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    My God man. I told you it was a simple definition. Again, would you prefer I quote that definition directly from a dictionary? Pick your favorite...

Are you really so -bent on slurping any and all corporations that you nitpick a simple definition in order to deny the point?
    So source it with a legal definition or precedent, or be labeled as unfit to debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Sherlock.

What he believes is besides the point and you are avoiding the point. Try a different tactic.

This is the first sentence of the Sherman Act. It is very to the point

Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is declared to be illegal.
    I wrote this:

As I pointed out before it is a per se violation because it is two independent firms who are conspiring to limit trade in the labor market.
    Do you need more help?

Thread Information