Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regardless
    if Bushs name was Smith, Garza, Elhabid he wouldnt have been gov, got the nom in 00, and even if some neocon RRWing miracle happenned he still would have gotten less votes than the less votes he already got

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, she's airing commercials now on CNN. Let the indignation begin anew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like it when she says
    "mr president, YOU LIED about the weapons of mass destruction, YOU LIED about the link between iraq and al qaeda"

lol
    scoffed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ross perot is smarter than bush
    my brother ross's parrot is smarter than bush
    but not smart enough to be president!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard old al sharpton was in such a hurry yesterday to leave the peace rally he got a ticket doing 110 mph north of dallas somewhere... bah that's too funny...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typical left rant.. you lied about everything... funny how it's not sticking, probably because well known democrap's also lied about WMD's..

President Bill Clinton said:
    ”The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.”

Secretary of State Madeline Albright stood by her President saying:
    ”There has never been an embargo against food and medicine. It's just that Hussein has just not chosen to spend his money on that. Instead, he has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies.”

Defense Secretary William Cohen added:
    ”The United Nations has determined that Saddam should not possess chemical or biological or nuclear weapons, and what we have is the obligation to carry out the U.N. declaration.”

”On the subject of UN inspections National Security Advisor Sandy Berger said:
    It is ineffectual; it is not able to do its job by its own judgment. It doesn't provide much deterrence against WMD activity.”

Senator Tom Daschle agreed with the President noting:
    ”Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.”

Senator John Kerry said:
    ”For the United States and Britain, an Iraq equipped with nuclear, chemical or biological weapons under the leadership of Saddam Hussein is a threat that almost goes without description. France, on the other hand, has long established economic and political relationships within the Arab world, and has had a different approach.”

President Clinton added these prophetic words of wisdom as he warned:
    ” The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world. The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government -- a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hussker,
    my father was a career soldier... 35 freakin' years and served two tours in Vietnam. I also have a sister who may end up in Iraq before the years out. Do not dare attempt to lecture me on showing appreciation for our troops.
    Then why don't you go join? Oh, let me guess, you can't, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hus, first of all, welcome to the board and back to the US. However, your not the first Vet, nor the only Vet to post on this board. So don't expect any special treatment based solely on your previous military status. Those who you should be pe ioning to go enlist are the 51% of Americans who voted for W on Nov 2nd 2004. Why should others, who other-wise want to proudly serve their nation, have to fight a war which they don't believe is justified?

On the one hand, your wanting us to thank you for fighting for our right to post our opinions in this forum, and in the other you want to take away that right from Cindy Sheehan. So which is it gonna be?
    Ditto to you...so go join. COWARD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AND, I certainly fought for the right for her to say whatever she wants. That is her right that she would not likely have in many of the countries we are in. Please do not use simple excerpts from posts taken OUT of context. That is quite the Liberal ploy. But I guess you have the right to do that too huh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why don't you go join? Oh, let me guess, you can't, right?
    Because I wasn't interested. Next.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought I'd defend NBADan, but it's pretty obnoxious to assume that anyone who hasn't joined the military is a coward. Is your wife in the military? No? What is she, some kind of coward? Why doesn't she sign up? To quote your sarcastic assumption of my reason "oh, let me guess, she can't right?".

Well, I'm sure she can. Being a Japanese citizen does not prevent her from signing up, as I'm sure you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, she could get her citizenship that..

and we'd never want nbadan to join the military. he'd his buddies over!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking make ya feel better?

You were in Afghanistan. That's like fighting in the parking lot while the real gladiators are fighting in the coliseum. , I think we have more fighting going on in Columbia than Afghanistan right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking make ya feel better?

You were in Afghanistan. That's like fighting in the parking lot while the real gladiators are fighting in the coliseum. , I think we have more fighting going on in Columbia than Afghanistan right now.
    That's a bull statement Dan. You are showing great ignorance if you think those guys have it easy. Serving in Afghanistan has got to be rough. Still, Huskers full of to go around calling people he doesn't even know cowards for not serving in the military.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sheehan thing is a side-show in terms of changing opinion , but it is seminal event in ever-widening, ostensible opposition to the shrug/Repug bogus war.

The USA opinion tide has turned against shrub/Repugs/war and is gaining momentum.

2006 Repug congressional races will be another sounding point, as the Repugs abandon lame-duck, unpopular shrub/ head to try to save their own skins.

================================================== ===

washingtonpost.com

Slight Majority Say Bush Should Meet With Sheehan

Survey Suggests Mother's Actions Have Little Impact on War Views

By Richard Morin
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, August 30, 2005; 7:00 AM

Slightly more than half of the country says President Bush should meet with Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed last year in Iraq, who is leading a protest against the war outside Bush's ranch in Crawford, Tex., according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey found that 52 percent of the public says Bush should talk to Sheehan, who has repeatedly asked for a meeting with the president, while 46 percent said he should not. Fifty-three percent support what she is doing while 42 percent oppose her actions, according to the poll.

Sheehan began her protest three weeks ago, four days after Bush began a five-week vacation at his Crawford ranch. She has repeatedly demanded that Bush meet with her to discuss the war. The two met last year at an event for military families, and Bush has repeatedly declined another meeting. Recently Sheehan announced plans to embark on a bus tour after protesters break camp later this week. The bus tour will end in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 24 with a 24-hour vigil.

Like the war and Bush's overall handling of the situation in Iraq, at udes toward Sheehan divide along sharply partisan lines. Seven in 10 Democrats say they support Sheehan's position on Iraq while an equal proportion of Republicans oppose her.

In the three weeks since she began her protest, Sheehan has quickly become the most visible symbol of the anti-war movement. Fully three in four Americans say they have read or heard about Sheehan and her protest.

The survey also suggests, however, that Sheehan's anti-war vigil has failed to mobilize large numbers of Americans against the war. If anything, her opposition has done as much to drive up support for the war as ignite opponents, the survey found.

Eight in 10 Americans--including overwhelming majorities of Democrats, Republicans and political independents--say Sheehan's protest has had no impact on their at udes toward Iraq. While one in 10 say she has made them less likely to support the war, the same proportion say she has made them more likely to back the conflict.

A total of 1,006 randomly selected adults were interviewed by telephone Aug. 25 through 28 for this national survey. The margin of sampling error for the overall results is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Additional results from this Post-ABC News poll will be available at 5 p.m. today at washingtonpost.com.

© 2005 The Washington Post Company

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheehan managed to do something no one else has: get Shrub back to work. Their kumbayah singing drove him back to D.C. early. Good for her.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheehan managed to do something no one else has: get Shrub back to work. Their kumbayah singing drove him back to D.C. early. Good for her.
    Uhm............

Turn on CNN, or some news channel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? To see the administration "spin" the return as a function of Katrina? He's been managing (or mismanaging) the Iraq war from Crawford. What aid can't he authorize from there? I'm sure Rove wanted to find a way out of Crawford without looking like they were running. They found one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Before he died when his truck overturned during combat in Baghdad, Sgt. Thomas Strickland, 27, posted an entry on his weblog sharing his anger about the situation in Iraq," in which he questioned the United States' ' ed' Iraq war plan.

<snip>

"What the has my chain of command been doing? We were winning somewhat when I left. And now we're being pinned down in our own ing homes? Insurgents are pushing locals out of their homes and taking over my area at will? What kind of ed plan have we been half-assedly executing? Obviously the kind that neglects sound contact with locals. Obviously the kind that gives further distance to unbridged gaps between soldiers and locals. Obviously the kind that has shown enough weakness when confronted by the insugency that it has been encouraged to grow.

Back home (the USA kind) I have no home, no job, and my commander in chief is on vacation (he's about 20 days behind Ronald Reagan right now in the race to become the most vacationing president ever. Hey W! we all got our fingers crossed! Here's to you and two more years of presidency...er vacationing!). Luckily pretty much everything that is important to me can fit into the back of a truck. Luckily I just paid off one of those."
    Live Journal

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? To see the administration "spin" the return as a function of Katrina? He's been managing (or mismanaging) the Iraq war from Crawford. What aid can't he authorize from there? I'm sure Rove wanted to find a way out of Crawford without looking like they were running. They found one...

Another one flies off the deep end.

I think his move to DC was probably a PR-ish move... He has to do something. People may tolerate him being "on vacation" during a war, but they're not going to tolerate it during a natural disaster crisis.

Still, if you honestly think he's leaving 3 days early because he's intimidated by Sheehan... You and Boutons should meet for drinks.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another one flies off the deep end.

I think his move to DC was probably a PR-ish move... He has to do something. People may tolerate him being "on vacation" during a war, but they're not going to tolerate it during a natural disaster crisis.

Still, if you honestly think he's leaving 3 days early because he's intimidated by Sheehan... You and Boutons should meet for drinks.

Speaking of PR, will his new speech be on the line of "We must rebuild, if not the hurricanes win"

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like someone's 15 minutes are dead

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear she's headed to Houston to harrass Hurricane victims now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear she's headed to Houston to harrass Hurricane victims now.
    HAHAHAHA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, W is so out of touch with, well, reality, he doesn't give a flying what anyone says. It's like the man lives in his own little bubble. We should call him the bubble President.

Thread Information