Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ace Tampa pitcher Matt Moore is done for the year to have Tommy John surgery
    next week. Moore has a torn ligament and will be out for over a year.
    The Jays were counting on him after he went 17-4 last season.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ace Tampa pitcher Matt Moore is done for the year to have Tommy John surgery
    next week. Moore has a torn ligament and will be out for over a year.
    The Jays were counting on him after he went 17-4 last season.
    You mean Rays? It has become a phenomena this Tommy John surgery. It seems to me, that they are putting too much strain on pitchers from a young age and they're ruining the arms before they even get to the big leagues...

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids pitch year round now starting in high school. Years ago you had seasons, where you played baseball starting in
    Feb, or March and ended in June or July....Then it was football.....They are trying to throw curve balls in Little League...

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kids pitch year round now starting in high school. Years ago you had seasons, where you played baseball starting in
    Feb, or March and ended in June or July....Then it was football.....They are trying to throw curve balls in Little League...
    I know. I was a pitcher when I was younger. I no longer have the velocity or strength to even pitch like I used to. I think the all-year round schedule like you mentioned is going to be something that needs to be changed. It's like the concussion protocol--these pitchers are ruining their arms before they even reach their natural prime. Sucks...especially if your a A's or Braves fan...

Thread Information