Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The final scene is ing awesome. The end of Swango's story sucked. The end of Emmit's story was okay I guess. And what the happened to the Russian? There were so many loose ends to half baked ideas. The writing staff bit off way more than they could chew here, yet at the same time they pulled off something pretty damn good. Just a weird season all around. Part of it is purposeful I'm sure, but I still think Season 2 is far superior. I probably like Season 1 more as well, although that season now seems very straightforward and almost bland in comparison to this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Emmit dying made no ing sense from a logical or narrative standpoint. Mr. Wrench, who is so loyal to Nikki (for reasons I can't seem to fathom), decides to murder Emmit five years after the fact? Why? What purpose does that serve in the story? Emmit's death is even worse than Lester Nygaard's tacked on death, because Emmit was being victimized from the very beginning of the season. Llewellyn Moss dying with 20 minutes left in No Country For Old Men could be seen as a subversion of Hollywood expectations.

Every season of Fargo tends to have little kernels of in their finales--Lester falling in the frozen lake, the UFO's, Hanzee getting white people surgery, and now Emmit biting it for no reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Fargo pulled a True Detective Season 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I call this show, "Fartfo".
    Oh, ok.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Real cerebral comedy from that one

Also, clearly "Fartgo" was the way to go with that.....joke.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-25-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Surprised there's nothing since 2017. Just found out Season 4 started about a week ago. Chris Rock and Jason Schwartzman star as 50's gangsters.
    I'm only 2 episodes in (1 more available so far). Great as expected.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Surprised there's nothing since 2017. Just found out Season 4 started about a week ago. Chris Rock and Jason Schwartzman star as 50's gangsters.
    I'm only 2 episodes in (1 more available so far). Great as expected.

I'll probably sneak in watching an episode or two but it works out better for us to take in these series near the end or after their run to keep storylines straight etc. Watching Grant Morrison's treatment of Brave New World during my free trial of Pea . Not worth paying for but not terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I'll probably sneak in watching an episode or two but it works out better for us to take in these series near the end or after their run to keep storylines straight etc. Watching Grant Morrison's treatment of Brave New World during my free trial of Pea . Not worth paying for but not terrible.
    I was going to wait until the whole thing was out. But I've found myself reverting back to enjoying shows spaced out from week to week. A lot depends on the show. Anything else on Pea worth watching? Or should I wait until they put some more stuff on before I burn a free trial?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    watch the first 4 or 5 episodes of season one then quit while you’re ahead TBH.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I was going to wait until the whole thing was out. But I've found myself reverting back to enjoying shows spaced out from week to week. A lot depends on the show. Anything else on Pea worth watching? Or should I wait until they put some more stuff on before I burn a free trial?
    There are a few mildly interesting niche shows I wouldn't mind watching on an ad service. Larry Wilmore has a show. A.P. Bio ended up here if you like Dennis. Dale Earnhardt Jr. has one where he and/or his buddy explore abandoned racetracks and talk about old times which I like and I'm not into racing. None of these originals will make me or anyone want to pay. I think they were banking on Olympic programming more than anything; its absence just leaves a lot of "oh that's where that show ended up" reruns and mostly pointless originals.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just finished season 1, it was great.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I tried watching the latest season. Couldn't even finish the first episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Season 4 is unbearably pretentious, the young girl at the center of the story is annoying as , Jason Schwartzman is an odd fit overall, and the Wizard of Oz episode is just plain dumb. But the nurse is freakin fantastic, Chris Rock is great, and the super hammy Gaetano performance is really fun. Uneven season but there’s still good stuff there.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The final scene is ing awesome. The end of Swango's story sucked. The end of Emmit's story was okay I guess. And what the happened to the Russian? There were so many loose ends to half baked ideas. The writing staff bit off way more than they could chew here, yet at the same time they pulled off something pretty damn good. Just a weird season all around. Part of it is purposeful I'm sure, but I still think Season 2 is far superior. I probably like Season 1 more as well, although that season now seems very straightforward and almost bland in comparison to this.
    I agree with this. I didn't think 3 was bad, it was just never going to be as good as 1 or 2. I was more irritated with Nikki dying than Emmit, tbh.

Apparently Hawley is working on a Cat's Cradle show, that should be interesting.

Thread Information