Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If this quality of this thread is not increased significantly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ax a mod to delete it.

Thanks.
    start your own track and field thread then, pinky

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You cannot be this dumb. Dude, I am talking about the big picture ok ya little ? Like I said midget let's see what happens at ther NCAA Champs which is all that matters ya ing moron.
    "Kithuka on Bowerman Watch List

The Big 12 Performer of the Year, Kithuka is unbeaten at 5,000-meters this season while holding the nation's leading time in the event with a season-best of 13:26.98. He also holds the No. 2 time nationally in the 10,000-meters with a season-best of 27:41.73. Both performances are school records.Kithuka impressed in both events at the NCAA West Preliminaries, breaking the meet record in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 29:05.77. He went on to break the McDonnell Field 5,000-meter facility record with a time of 13:37.95.Kithuka finished runner-up at the 2013 Cross Country Championships and won the 2013 NCAA Indoor 5,000-meter le. He is the most decorated men's distance runner in Texas Tech program history with five school records, six individual Big 12 Championships and two NCAA Championships between track and field and cross country.*"

http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-tr...060414aab.html

"Kithuka on Bowerman Watch List

The Big 12 Performer of the Year, Kithuka is unbeaten at 5,000-meters this season while holding the nation's leading time in the event with a season-best of 13:26.98. He also holds the No. 2 time nationally in the 10,000-meters with a season-best of 27:41.73. Both performances are school records.Kithuka impressed in both events at the NCAA West Preliminaries, breaking the meet record in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 29:05.77. He went on to break the McDonnell Field 5,000-meter facility record with a time of 13:37.95.Kithuka finished runner-up at the 2013 Cross Country Championships and won the 2013 NCAA Indoor 5,000-meter le. He is the most decorated men's distance runner in Texas Tech program history with five school records, six individual Big 12 Championships and two NCAA Championships between track and field and cross country.*"

http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-tr...060414aab.html

Dude, compare TT history in track and field vs any big time school. Tell me what ya find. Can they have a once in awhile star....sure! But who doesn't have a once in awhile star?

UCLA and USC have had....over a dozen Olympians in just the 100 to 400m. TT has never had a "great" sprinter. long jumper or hurdler. TCU alone has had seven sub10.00 sprinters among the alumni. TT has never had a sub10.10 guy.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Dude, compare TT history in track and field vs any big time school. Tell me what ya find.
    I don't care about track history, so no, I won't be doing that.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Dude, compare TT history in track and field vs any big time school. Tell me what ya find. Can they have a once in awhile star....sure! But who doesn't have a once in awhile star?

UCLA and USC have had....over a dozen Olympians in just the 100 to 400m.
    TT alumni making history

Gil Roberts might be approaching the prime of his career as one of America’s top quarter-milers. That’s certainly the case if the past three days were any indication.The former Texas Tech all-American won the 400 meters Saturday at the U.S. outdoor track and field championships in Sacramento, California, running a personal-record time of 44.53 seconds.Roberts shot out to a fast start and won easily against a quality field.

It was Roberts’ third major national or international le. In 2012, he won the U.S. indoor 400 and anchored the U.S. men’s gold-medal winning 1,600-meter relay at the IAAF world championships in Istanbul, Turkey.

http://m.lubbockonline.com/sports-re...tle-400-meters
    Last edited by Blake; 07-07-2014 at 10:15 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh look. I had forgotten about this, but another track and field star made history last October.

INDIANAPOLIS -*Former Lady Raider track and field student-athlete*Ifeatu Okafor*was officially named the NCAA Woman of the Year Sunday night at an awards banquet in downtown Indianapolis.Okafor was selected from a field of nine finalists representing NCAA Division I, II and III for her achievements in athletics, academics, leadership and community service. In all, more than 450 student-athletes were originally nominated for the prestigious award which encompasses a female student-athlete's entire collegiate career.*"It's very special," Okafor said. "Texas Tech has just played such a huge role in my life. My experiences at Texas Tech have developed my character and transformed me into a better person. I'm truly grateful."

Sunday's ceremony marked the 23rd*in the award's history, while Okafor is the first NCAA Woman of the Year from the Big 12 Conference.

http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-tr...102013aab.html

What a dumb .

UCLA/USC OLYMPIC 400m sprinters.

Jimmy LeValle
    John Smith...world record holder
    Wayne Collett
    Benny Brown
    Maxie Parks
    Steve Lewis...gold medal
    Danny Everett
    Mike Larrabee...gold medal
    Bryshon Nellum
    Quincy Watts...gold medal
    Jim Lea

UCLA/USC OLYMPIC 100/200m sprinters

Charles Paddock...WR holder/gold medal
    Howard Drew...first black to hold a sprint WR
    Frank Wykoff...WR 9.4
    Mel Patton...WR 9.3
    Lloyd LaBeach
    Lennox Miller
    Don Quarrie...gold medal
    Ato Boldon
    Millard Hampton
    Mike Marsh...gold medal

TT wouldn't make a zit on the ass of UCLA or USC comes it comes to track.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-25-2014 at 03:45 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What a dumb .

TT wouldn't make a zit on the ass of UCLA or USC comes it comes to track.
    TT #9
    USC #13
    UCLA #25

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1523024

You're not good at reading or writing.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    What sprinter at the time set a school record for the 100 M and had bested Harrison Dillard who won gold in the 48 Olympics in the 100 M. This sprinter turned down running for the Olympics when returning from WWII and competing with/against Mr. Dillard. Who is it?

What sprinter at the time set a school record for the 100 M and had bested Harrison Dillard who won gold in the 48 Olympics in the 100 M. This sprinter turned down running for the Olympics when returning from WWII and competing with/against Mr. Dillard. Who is it?
    Dude, at least get the question right, ok? There were no Olympics in 1942/44...ok? You can't even Google right, hahaha!!!!!! Go back and read it again......ok? But.....there was another great sprinter back then, and your mystery (ha!) man was the only one to ever beat him in a big race.....who was he?

Little man, trust me on this one.....you do not want to try this.....you will come off looking more stupid than you do now.

Dude, at least get the question right ok? There were no Olympics in 1942/44...ok? You can't even Google right, hahaha!!!!!! Go back and read it again......ok?

Little man, trust me on this one.....you do not want to try this.....you will come off looking more stupid than you do now.
    what the is going on

A dummy trying to take me on talking sprinting, but too dumb to Google things right.

Out in my Fortress of Solitude every issue of Track & Field News since 1970. Books on track. I start in the late 1800's with Lon Myers and work my way up to Trendarvis Friday todays high school 100m record holder heading to FSU. Do not waste your time trying to stump me......honest~~~~~~~

Out in my Fortress of Solitude every issue of Track & Field News since 1970. Books on track. I start in the late 1800's with Lon Myers and work my way up to Trendarvis Friday todays high school 100m record holder heading to FSU. Do not waste your time trying to stump me......honest~~~~~~~
    any room with every issue of Track and Field and books about track is guaranteed to be a Fortress of Solitude.

I have this book which has some Track and Field stories

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Dude, at least get the question right, ok? There were no Olympics in 1942/44...ok? You can't even Google right, hahaha!!!!!! Go back and read it again......ok? But.....there was another great sprinter back then, and your mystery (ha!) man was the only one to ever beat him in a big race.....who was he?

The question stands. I am aware there were no Olympics ins 42/44. You did not read the question correctly (no one is surprised by that) and provided no answer.

Try again.

any room with every issue of Track and Field and books about track is guaranteed to be a Fortress of Solitude.

I have this book which has some Track and Field stories

I think I have that book, just a different cover.

I tell people...."long long long time track/blues/football geek & freak and they STILL don't get it, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! , you ever know anyone who could talk, Vernus Ragsdale, Mel Anthony and Cryin' Sam Collins, of course not.

The question stands. I am aware there were no Olympics ins 42/44. You did not read the question correctly (no one is surprised by that) and provided no answer.

Try again.
    So tell little man what does this mean...

This sprinter turned down running for the Olympics when returning from WWII and competing with/against Mr. Dillard. Who is it?

What Olympics did he turn down?

He does hurt my feelings you thinking I wouldn't know that simple answer, which tells me you really don't get where I'm at with this stuff.

I tell people...."long long long time track/blues/football geek & freak and they STILL don't get it, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! , you ever know anyone who could talk, Vernus Ragsdale, Mel Anthony and Cryin' Sam Collins, of course not.
    hmmm. I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that's the only cover it came out under. They did have a second one

but my guess is you're thinking of

but seriously, there were lots of Strange but True or Weird and Wacky sports books. Of the track ones, I remember the story of Emil Zatopek.

hmmm. I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that's the only cover it came out under. They did have a second one

but my guess is you're thinking of

One more time......I'm not 16, ok?

but seriously, there were lots of Strange but True or Weird and Wacky sports books. Of the track ones, I remember the story of Emil Zatopek.
    I agree.

How about this one....

Don Hutson ran track (way back when) and played baseball (and football) at Alabama. So one day he had a track meet and a baseball game on the same day right there on campus. So when it came time to run the 100 yard dash he walks over dressed in his baseball uniform and wins the race, then heads back over to the baseball diamond to resume the baseball game.

Ha~~~

Deion Sanders had a similiar story.

One more time......I'm not 16, ok?
    but your girlfriend is

Dude, come on man, you really this stupid? I'm married to a full grown woman who knows every button to push, who in the would be interested in a girl who doesn't know ?

I agree.

How aboard this one....

Don Hutson ran track and played baseball (and football) at Alabama. So one day he had a track meet and a baseball game on the same day right there on campus. So when it came time to run the 100 yard dash he walks over dressed in his baseball uniform and wins the race, then heads back over to the baseball diamond to resume the baseball game.

Ha~~~

Deion Sanders had a similiar story.
    I have a similar story. Was running track and playing soccer. Star forward and ran 2nd leg on the 4x100. I was the fastest but always ended up with the back leg to give us a lead that wasn't often made up. Anyway, had a soccer game and track meet on the same day. I wanted to go to the track meet which was county finals but my dad made me go to the soccer game since I signed up for that first. After the soccer game (yep...I scored most of the goals), a parent of one of the other track guys was at the game to pick me up and haul me over to the track meet. They were already lining up for the race. I hauled across the football field and got in my spot. We ended up setting the county record for the 4x100 that day. Ended up getting 2nd at state which we took as a loss. Yep...had a lead until our 4th leg gave it up. The wind was incredibly strong that day and my leg ran with it and the 4th leg against. While both me and the 4th leg were fast, I was the bigger stronger runner and probably would have done better going into the wind that last leg. Yep...stings to this day.

I have a similar story. Was running track and playing soccer. Star forward and ran 2nd leg on the 4x100. I was the fastest but always ended up with the back leg to give us a lead that wasn't often made up. Anyway, had a soccer game and track meet on the same day. I wanted to go to the track meet which was county finals but my dad made me go to the soccer game since I signed up for that first. After the soccer game (yep...I scored most of the goals), a parent of one of the other track guys was at the game to pick me up and haul me over to the track meet. They were already lining up for the race. I hauled across the football field and got in my spot. We ended up setting the county record for the 4x100 that day. Ended up getting 2nd at state which we took as a loss. Yep...had a lead until our 4th leg gave it up. The wind was incredibly strong that day and my leg ran with it and the 4th leg against. While both me and the 4th leg were fast, I was the bigger stronger runner and probably would have done better going into the wind that last leg. Yep...stings to this day.
    For once I believe that, only someone familiar with track knows about that second leg on a 4x1. You want your best 200m guy there so he can push the zone at near max velocity. Tons of 4x1's won/lost right there.

Cool story and ya need more of that and less..."see me everyone aren't I funny"...since you aren't.

Thread Information