Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Wrong.

Miami has the oranges, but Buffalo has The Juice.

And the board is supposed to believe you are an old timer that knows football?
    Little man, I;m at a track meet in Fresno, the next event on the track the JC 4x1. As I check out the entrants....

San Francisco City...Orenthal James Simpson

I remember when we still had the Southwest Conference and Jerry Levias was the first black player, he was a receiver at SMU. Wanna talk Steve Owens at Oklahoma, how about Brian Piccolo at Wake Forest?

Remember when USC with...Earl McCullouch...Fred Kuller...O.J. Simpson...Lennox Miller broke the WR in the 4x1?

McCollouch a great hurdler who ended up a Detroit Lion
    Fred Kuller a 9.3 white guy
    O.J.Simpson the first 2000 yard rusher in NFL history
    Lennox Miller a Jamaican who medalled in the 100m at the 68/72 Olympics.

Been into this stuff since the late 50's.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-05-2015 at 11:58 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Little man, I;m at a track meet in Fresno, the next event on the track the JC 4x1. As I check out the entrants....

I remember when we still had the Southwest Conference and Jerry Levias was the first black player, he was a receiver at SMU. Wanna talk Steve Owens at Oklahoma, how about Brian Piccolo at Wake Forest?

Remember when USC with...Earl McCullouch...Fred Kuller...O.J. Simpson...Lennox Miller broke the WR in the 4x1?

But you're fat

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    What sprinter at the time set a school record for the 100 M and had bested Harrison Dillard who won gold in the 48 Olympics in the 100 M. This sprinter turned down running for the Olympics when returning from WWII and competing with/against Mr. Dillard. Who is it?
    Still no correct answer from the alleged self-proclaimed track freak, I mean loser.

While the NFL is full of former NCAA track guys, there were a lot that never made it at that level, but it wasn't because of a lack of speed.

Leonard Scott who's 9.94 is the fastest time ever ran by anyone who ever touched a football. He was out of Tennessee.

LSU,s Xavier Carter, Florida's John Capel were two "world class" guys who bombed out. Capel ranked number one in the world in the 100m once upon a time.

Can't really count Olympic gold medalists Jimmy Hines Texas Southern and San Jose States Tommie Smith, they weren't footballers, they were experiments that failed. Same can be said about another Olympian Ray Norton also out of San Jose State***

Andrew Hopkins a 9.2 running back out of SFAustin, didn't make it in the NFL but would become a big star in the CFL.

*** San Jose State was the TCU of sprinting in the late 50's to the early 70's, no less than six World Record holders/Olympians coming out of there.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Yet you don't remember when Miami and Buffalo were rivals when the Bills had OJ?

UnFckn believable... And the phrase coined by Howard...

Yet you don't remember when Miami and Buffalo were rivals when the Bills had OJ?

UnFckn believable... And the phrase coined by Howard...
    We all remember that, obviously. It just gets tiresome dealing with those like yourself who seem stunned that not everyone is 26. Remember Jim Braxton, O.J.'s fullback? Who was J.D.Hill?

, I warch watching the Bills when they had the great Cookie Gilchrist and Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion out of Blufton.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    List all the track and music guys named Lemon.
    There are a whole tree full of them. Back in the day it was just one of those things?
    You Cali fruits grow quite a few Oranges as well.
    Why not Boscoe or Hammersfield? These are nice names.

oh Avante, finish this old Howard Cosell saying:

Miami has the oranges, but _________________________

No we dont.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ran a sub 11 today right after work. didn't have enough time to change out of my platted pants though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The day included memories of Franklin "Apple Turnover" Bunsen. This cat ran a sub 10.314 in socks.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count

Always funny watching those who don't have a clue.

The U of Texas has had a lot of track/footballers.

How's about NFLers...

Ray Clayborn
    Johnny Jones
    Herkie Walls
    Tony Jones
    Jamaal Charles

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Always fun watching those who think they have a clue, but really have no ing clue.

Always fun watching those who think they have a clue, but really have no ing clue.
    Wanna talk Ohio State track? How about...

Jesse Owens
    Glenn Davis
    Joe Greene
    Chris Nelloms
    Butch Reynolds
    Jimmie Lee Harris

Go ahead.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Wanna talk Ohio State track? How about...

Jesse Owens
    Glenn Davis
    Joe Greene
    Chris Nelloms
    Butch Reynolds
    Jimmie Lee Harris

Go ahead.
    Heard of them all. Thanks for yet another worthless list.

I have ran at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium track on the campus. Have you?

Don't forget Ted Ginn who as a junior (in high school), he became the national champion in the 110 meter hurdles and recorded the best time in the nation as a senior when he won the state le for the second consecutive year. To bad he didn't compete at the college level.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Track is big in the SEC and the Pac12. Not too much in the Big12 anymore or other places.

Texas Tech was never a major player in the sport. They've have few notable tracksters.
    Oh... look what I found.

RankingsNEW ORLEANS, La. --*The Texas Tech men's and women's track & field teams will begin the 2015 outdoor season ranked No. 10, and No. 13, respectively, according to the U.S Track & Field And Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) preseason rankings.

This is the sixth-straight outdoor season in which both teams will begin the slate with a top-15 ranking.

Tech began the defense of its 2014 Big 12 outdoor le with a bang, winning the UTSA Challenge by 53 points over second-place Kentucky and 92 over third-place Texas. The Red Raiders were led by*Chris Caldwell, who won the 110m hurdles behind an NCAA-best time of 13.60, and won the 100m dash, clocking a 10.51. In both races Caldwell defeated fields that included former NCAA Champion Andrew Riley.*

http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-tr...032415aaa.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas Tech was never a major player in the sport.
    April 13, 2015
    NEW ORLEANS, La. --*The Texas Tech men's and women's track & field teams remained in the U.S Track & Field And Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) top 15 this week, sitting at No. 9 and No. 15, respectively.Dating back to the 2014 outdoor season, this is the sixth-straight week in which both the Red Raiders and Lady Raiders have been ranked in the top 15."

http://www.texastech.com/sports/c-tr...041315aaa.html

Still going.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    DO you think Avante has the answer to that trivia question I asked awhile ago?

I figure the self-proclaimed know-it-all would have had a correct response by now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas Tech was never a major player in the sport. They've have few notable tracksters.
    " April 15, 2015

IRVING, Texas --*Texas Tech's*Joseph Richards III*has been named the Big 12 Male Track & Field Athlete of the Week this afternoon, after running the No. 5 400 meter time in the nation at this weekend's*Wes Kittley*Invitational.Richards III won the 400 meters in Abilene on Saturday, running a blazing 45.61 to edge out fellow All-American 4 x 400 relay teammates*Steven Champlin*and*Kyle Collins.

Richards' personal-best run is the ninth-fastest mark in Texas Tech history, and currently ranks No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 5 in the nation. Richards was also part of Tech's 4 x 100 meter relay, which clocked a 40.50 to give Richards his second event win of the day.

Texas Tech has had an athlete win this honor in each week of the 2015 outdoor season so far.

http://www.google.com/search?site=&s....3.Ib3o8GtPAOU

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    DO you think Avante has the answer to that trivia question I asked awhile ago?

I figure the self-proclaimed know-it-all would have had a correct response by now.
    I'll go with no.

Avante

" April 15, 2015

IRVING, Texas --*Texas Tech's*Joseph Richards III*has been named the Big 12 Male Track & Field Athlete of the Week this afternoon, after running the No. 5 400 meter time in the nation at this weekend's*Wes Kittley*Invitational.Richards III won the 400 meters in Abilene on Saturday, running a blazing 45.61 to edge out fellow All-American 4 x 400 relay teammates*Steven Champlin*and*Kyle Collins.

Richards' personal-best run is the ninth-fastest mark in Texas Tech history, and currently ranks No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 5 in the nation. Richards was also part of Tech's 4 x 100 meter relay, which clocked a 40.50 to give Richards his second event win of the day.

Texas Tech has had an athlete win this honor in each week of the 2015 outdoor season so far.

http://www.google.com/search?site=&s....3.Ib3o8GtPAOU
    You really don't get any of this Blake, why you try and talk track, ?????

Heading into the 2015 season Joseph Richards was ranked number 16 in the 400m. Trust me a 45.61 is not "blazing" ok? Keep in mind there are NCAA's guys right now at 44.36 that's "blazing"...ok? And there are HS teams faster than 40.50...ok?

There has never been a great TT sprinter, ok? The best in recent years was Gil Roberts a 400m cat who can also run a decent 100m.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    "No" was the correct answer.

You really don't get any of this Blake, why you try and talk track, ?????

Heading into the 2015 season Joseph Richards was ranked number 16 in the 400m. Trust me a 45.61 is not "blazing" ok? Keep in mind there are NCAA's guys right now at 44.36 that's "blazing"...ok? And there are HS teams faster than 40.50...ok?
    Trust you..... If anyone here trusts you then they are most re ed poster on this forum, followed by yourself.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Track is big in the SEC and the Pac12. Not too much in the Big12 anymore or other places.

" Texas Tech earned five USTFCCCA Mountain Region awards this week, tied for the most in the country by one school (Oregon):Kole Weldon -- Men's Field Athlete of the YearCierra White -- Female Track Athlete of the YearWes Kittley -- Men's Coach of the YearJames Thomas -- Men's & Women's Assistant of the Year"

http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_331352/con...tguid=c39WLRUR

Tech is sending 16 total athletes to the NCAA outdoor championships

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Avante

Just saw that the NCAA outdoor track championships were on (actually it's just ending with Oregon winning).

You watch? Should I be looking for some of these guys on the football field?

Avante

Just saw that the NCAA outdoor track championships were on (actually it's just ending with Oregon winning).

You watch? Should I be looking for some of these guys on the football field?
    Wouldn't miss it.

Kolby Listerbee who took 6th in the 100m is a wide receiver for TCU. Usually we see a few footballers in this meet, not this time. Of course if Oregons Devon Allen wasn't injured he'd been in the 110hh's.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    " EUGENE, Ore. — Texas Tech’s JaCorian Duffield captured the national outdoor championship in the high jump, edging out second-place teammate Bradley Adkins on Friday as the pair duplicated their feat from the NCAA Indoors.They’re the first teammates to go 1-2 at both the indoor and outdoor championships in NCAA history."

Huh that's pretty neat.

Thread Information