Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Houston loss was tough. Second game in a row that I walk away feeling like the better team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Harris, as great as he is, has some sort of strange snowball effect with INTs. 3 INTs on three passes in a row, and he had two similar games last year

Texas State up next for home opener. Looking like it will be the second highest attended game ever. 40k+ seems like a certainty, 50k a possibility.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Post Count
    Houston loss was tough. Second game in a row that I walk away feeling like the better team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Harris, as great as he is, has some sort of strange snowball effect with INTs. 3 INTs on three passes in a row, and he had two similar games last year

Texas State up next for home opener. Looking like it will be the second highest attended game ever. 40k+ seems like a certainty, 50k a possibility.

Why such a high attendance for Texas State? Is Texas State expected to bring a lot of fans?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Why such a high attendance for Texas State? Is Texas State expected to bring a lot of fans?
    I'm gonna guess a few more tickets sold after the cats win against Baylor. If I had the time, I would go

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Rivalry game, home opener, Texas State fans finally having something to cheer about for the first time in like a decade, game looks like it will be closer than one would've thought a week ago. Perfect storm.

My guess is they bring 5-8k but it's still a huge UTSA crowd.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Defensive slug fest here in the 3rd at 10-10.

Very surprised at the large size of Texas State's O Line. Looks like they average about 330+across the group.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Hard fought win. TXST is definitely improved but do think it's probably a double digit win if Harris doesn't get hurt. Thankfully, it was just a toe injury. I was fearful it was the knee again.

Either Baylor really ing sucks or they just didn't take them seriously. Army up next on Friday at the Dome. ESPN game.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Post Count

Pretty good showing. If UTSA had won the previous week then they might have crossed the 50K mark.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dont lose that coach.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it was a great atmosphere. texas state fans really showed up, too.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Really weird to have a college game on Friday. It's bull really because it takes away from high school football. ing TV.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LMAO utsa
    LMAO getting worked by army

Post Count
    UTSA getting manhandled. Time of Possession edge for Army is unreal.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Smash mouth football and nothing UTSA can do about it. Pretty damn surprising.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Heard a lot of complaints about the refs, and there were some big missed calls, but man it's hard to point at the refs when they punt one time all game. ELM played well enough to win in place of Harris. Disappointing af.

IIRC UTSA is 20-3 in the Traylor era at the Alamodome. 2 of those losses are against Army. Both without Harris but still.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not expecting too pretty a game tomorrow but it'd be great to see UTSA to keep it close for a half

Post Count
    not expecting too pretty a game tomorrow but it'd be great to see UTSA to keep it close for a half
    I think that's the best that can be hoped for. That's a tough matchup.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Harris, Moore, Clark are all probably out. Arguably the team's Top 3 players. Think Traylor is being cautious and saving them for conference play (bye next week, first AAC game in two weeks).

Would've been an uphill battle even with them, tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    McCown is the future!! Feel much better about our QB situation moving forward.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    McCown is the future!! Feel much better about our QB situation moving forward.
    He looked good!

But man it's kinda crazy how quickly things change. After the Army game it was all ELM is the future. One week later, and I'm seeing folks question Traylor for supposedly being too loyal to ELM instead of playing the P5 transfer.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    He looked good!

But man it's kinda crazy how quickly things change. After the Army game it was all ELM is the future. One week later, and I'm seeing folks question Traylor for supposedly being too loyal to ELM instead of playing the P5 transfer.
    The huge deal with ELM is he is immobile. He cannot run out of dire situations like Harris and McCown. In todays college football you really need a dual threat QB who can throw and run. If not, you better be a phenomenal pocket QB. I also like the fact that McCown is a lefty. That can cause problems or defenders.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    The huge deal with ELM is he is immobile. He cannot run out of dire situations like Harris and McCown. In todays college football you really need a dual threat QB who can throw and run. If not, you better be a phenomenal pocket QB. I also like the fact that McCown is a lefty. That can cause problems or defenders.
    I actually think ELM can move. He's no Harris but he was a pretty deadly dual threat in HS. He also has a bigger arm than any QB on the roster.

My concern with him is he never looks that poised/composed. McCown came in and took charge immediately. Don't think I've ever seen that from ELM.

Thread Information