Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    green leonard or tony?

i want green and patty on him the whole game.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green....

He would destroy Parker and Patty tbh. I'm not sure Kawhi has the foot speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny covered him very well in the regular season, tbh..

Problem is that Matthews and Batum would both have an advantage over Parker, if Pop chooses to cover Lillard with Green..

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is obviously the best defender we have. That would probably put Parker on Matthews. Stotts would probably give a lot of looks to Matthews in the post (something he did a lot against HOU) which I'm fine with if the alternative is Lillard/Aldridge tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will put marco on him, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta be green, perfect assignment for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny covered him very well in the regular season, tbh..

Problem is that Matthews and Batum would both have an advantage over Parker, if Pop chooses to cover Lillard with Green..
    For most part of the games in regular season it was Danny /Manu on Matthews and Tony on Lillard, just in the 4th we could see Danny guarding Lillard, and sure, he covered him very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green and Kawhi. There's no other great pg/sg(barring a jordanesque performance from scrubs) for either of our 2 elite defenders to guard so they'll be focused on Lillard. The real problem is LA, I'm afraid he might torch our bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time was basically the first time we slowed him down. Patty surprised a lotta folk as I think TP was out. If Patty holds him on the big stage he'll be earning that pay day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green on Lillard
    Tony on Matthews
    Leonard on Batum
    Splitter on Aldridge
    Duncan on Lopez

Sure, Matthews has a size advantage on Tony, but if Portland is going to jettison their entire offensive scheme to have Matthews beat us in the post, i'm totally fine with that
    A good thing about playing Portland is that they have virtually no bench. It's essentially just Mo Williams, and thats somebody else Tony can match up with reasonably well on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it'll be TP to start. Green is obviously the best option, but I think they would take advantage of the mismatch if deployed over long stretches of the game. Besides, TP usually "gets up" when facing another superstar PG. I think he checks Lillard and does so with aggression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green on Lillard
    Tony on Matthews
    Leonard on Batum
    Splitter on Aldridge
    Duncan on Lopez

Sure, Matthews has a size advantage on Tony, but if Portland is going to jettison their entire offensive scheme to have Matthews beat us in the post, i'm totally fine with that
    A good thing about playing Portland is that they have virtually no bench. It's essentially just Mo Williams, and thats somebody else Tony can match up with reasonably well on the defensive end.
    While I do think that they need to mix up looks, I think you are spot on in the general sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Pop will put Danny on Lillard and Kawhi on Wes... Batum is a worse 3 point shooter than Wes. Actually Batum 3P% has dropped to 30% in these playoffs.

Don't think Batum would try to post up Tony, that's not his game. I would suspect they would try to run LMA closer to the perimeter and lob alley-oops for Nic, but I don't think they could get away with it for too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Pop will put Danny on Lillard and Kawhi on Wes... Batum is a worse 3 point shooter than Wes. Actually Batum 3P% has dropped to 30% in these playoffs.

Don't think Batum would try to post up Tony, that's not his game. I would suspect they would try to run LMA closer to the perimeter and lob alley-oops for Nic, but I don't think they could get away with it for too long.
    I certainly hope that isn't the case. Batum can actually create off the dribble and finish, Matthews is by and large a shooter, which is easier to deal with. Having Kawhi on Wes would be a criminal waste of his defensive ability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly hope that isn't the case. Batum can actually create off the dribble and finish, Matthews is by and large a shooter, which is easier to deal with.
    Batum is still dependent on a solid screen or a hand-off to score effectively. Over half of his baskets are assisted, and over 90% of his 3s have been assisted this season.

He's also dangerous on the boards, and that's something else Kawhi will have to help with. Penetration will have to be largely handled by our bigs. The problem I see in this series is LMA being stationed a bit outside, drawing one of our bigs out and leaving the rim unprotected a bit. But we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green on Lillard
    Tony on Matthews
    Leonard on Batum
    Splitter on Aldridge
    Duncan on Lopez

Don't underestimate Thomas Robinson, it's possible he could very well be the next "Blair" for this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly hope that isn't the case. Batum can actually create off the dribble and finish, Matthews is by and large a shooter, which is easier to deal with. Having Kawhi on Wes would be a criminal waste of his defensive ability
    Matthews has a post game, while Batum doesn't. I agree that's the switch if Green checks Lillard, but I think Pop starts out playing it straight up. I'd like to see Kawhi on Mathews regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum is still dependent on a solid screen or a hand-off to score effectively. Over half of his baskets are assisted, and over 90% of his 3s have been assisted this season.

He's also dangerous on the boards, and that's something else Kawhi will have to help with. Penetration will have to be largely handled by our bigs. The problem I see in this series is LMA being stationed a bit outside, drawing one of our bigs out and leaving the rim unprotected a bit. But we'll see.
    What % of Matthews' shots were assisted compared to Batum's? I dont have those figures tbh. I agree about the rebounding aspect though.

As for Aldridge, I think we're going to play it very similarly to Dallas. Throw Tiago on him and treat him like Dirk. Duncan staying home on Lopez will ensure having somebody to protect the rim, since I doubt Robin will be venturing too far from the paint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'd much rather have TP guard Matthews than Batum tbh. I doubt TP would give much effort defensively against another Frenchie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate Thomas Robinson, it's possible he could very well be the next "Blair" for this series.
    He doesn't have Blair's skill or craftiness around the basket. He has a crazy motor, but it doesn't usually translate to in-game production. Not too worried about him tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benchinelly tbh

Thread Information