Paul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darren Pargo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Parker is not that bad after all...

he is surviving at a lot of s tbh when you think about it... cp, dw, irving, rose etc etc it has been what ? 5-6 years people are saying he won't be any longer a top 5 pg but he is still hanging up there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, I have to agree with Hairston on this one.

Paul

is to blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enrique > Paul

There is no question anymore tbh.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I get that Choke Paul gets the lion's share of blame for this loss and you can make the case that the refs were wrong as well, but Choc Rivers needs to be put in the pantheon of culprits as well. Calls don't always go your way but to sit there and pout while you still had an opportunity to win this game seems to lead one to believe that his leadership in this instance was lacking. Gather the troops have an aura of calmness and continue to fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wasn't a foul on the Westbrick 3. You don't make that call to decide a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing, i mean nothing comes close to 6. There's no arguably, 6 was the biggest choke job in Pro Sports.
    This was a worse choke job than that by far, but the context of that game puts 6 on top.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still wasn't a foul on the Westbrick 3. You don't make that call to decide a game.
    It was a foul. CP was stupid enough to put himself in that position and got burned. He's been hitting elbows on 3s ever since he was punchin' nuts as a Demon Deacon. If you don't call that then there will be continuous attempts to persuade a shooter's elbow into missing a shot. 66 fouls on 3pt attempts has been lost on the minds of players? I think so. It's folly to foul a jumpshot from 30 feet away. That is just terrible basketball and no matter how you spin it or blame the refs, the fact of the matter is that Paul decided to do what he did against Curry in Rd. 1. The difference is: He got caught and they penalized him for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible logic. The game should be called the same at all times, and Paul got him. It was bad/stupid defense. You don't put yourself in that position. Paul and Crawford lost that game with awful shot selection and ball security. I've never seen a team just totally self destruct the way that the Clippers did in those last 3 minutes. What a bunch of choking es...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a foul. CP was stupid enough to put himself in that position and got burned. He's been hitting elbows on 3s ever since he was punchin' nuts as a Demon Deacon. If you don't call that then there will be continuous attempts to persuade a shooter's elbow into missing a shot. 66 fouls on 3pt attempts has been lost on the minds of players? I think so. It's folly to foul a jumpshot from 30 feet away. That is just terrible basketball and no matter how you spin it or blame the refs, the fact of the matter is that Paul decided to do what he did against Curry in Rd. 1. The difference is: He got caught and they penalized him for it.
    I think in general, they should change the rules to be less sensitive to fouling 3-point shooters. First of all, it shouldn't matter if you touch a shooter after he releases the shot. No more of this "on the follow-through" nonsense. If it doesn't directly affect the shot, it's not a foul. And beyond that, they should de-pussify the rules a little bit and call fewer "touch fouls." If you gently graze a player's elbow, it shouldn't be a foul.

Terrible logic. The game should be called the same at all times, and Paul got him. It was bad/stupid defense. You don't put yourself in that position. Paul and Crawford lost that game with awful shot selection and ball security. I've never seen a team just totally self destruct the way that the Clippers did in those last 3 minutes. What a bunch of choking es...
    It should be called consistently and correctly (see comments above). like that shouldn't be considered a foul. I bet Westbrick was going to brick it regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing, i mean nothing comes close to 6. There's no arguably, 6 was the biggest choke job in Pro Sports.
    6 was not even a choke job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YslY7Ojwa6U

THAT, is a choke job.
    Last edited by Raven; 05-15-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Thread Information