My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Amb is really asshurt. Really.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    still can't read
    Ibaka making all the difference when statistics clearly showing that OKC was beating the Spurs without him on the floor the last two games
    Home crowds make no difference
    Ignoring the play of Reggie Jackson/Jeremy Lamb
    Ignoring the much more increased aggressiveness of Russell Westbrook and Durant
    Ignoring the HUGE jump in FTA for OKC in the two home games while the FTA for the Spurs stayed the same and Ibaka only shooting 4 FTA a game
    Ignoring runs by OKC when Ibaka was on the bench
    Yup, it's clearly a 2-2 series without Ibaka.
    Stay gold, ponygook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, it's clearly a 2-2 series without Ibaka.
    Stay gold, ponygook
    Of course it is. Without Ibaka, OKC would still have won the last two games. Maybe not by as big a margin, but they would have won nonetheless.

But that's not the point, the point is, Ibaka will not change the outcome of the series (which is another case of you not understanding how to read as I have iterated this point about 10 times by now), which is a Spurs win.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am sick and tired of hearing how big of a deal missing Ibaka is.

Note that I am not saying:
    1) He will not make a difference
    2) The Spurs will win this series

Also, before the series started, I stated that Spurs would win in 7 games, after OKC Ibaka would be out for the remainder of the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course it is. Without Ibaka, OKC would still have won the last two games. Maybe not by as big a margin, but they would have won nonetheless.
    It does not support your theory. OKC is 0-2 this season against the Spurs without Ibaka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiot, do you understand the point of separate threads? The point of this thread ISN'T saying that the Spurs will win the series, it's saying that Ibaka will not make a difference one way or another.

On a separate thread, I predicted a 7-game Spurs win in the series.

These are two separate subjects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does not support your theory. OKC is 0-2 this season against the Spurs without Ibaka
    Yes, so ....? Was he the only variable in those games?

It's like saying whenever broad ties are in vogue, the economy is good, therefore everybody should always wear broad ties to keep the economy up.

There's correlation and causation. Those are two different things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this thread and OP
    Bull . Ibaka singlehandedly turned the Spurs into pussies. It's easy to drive in the lane with no Ibaka.
    What happened when Parker, and Duncan tried to go to the rim with Ibaka on the floor? Why did the Spurs still miss easy layups? The fear of Big Ibaka. Why did Leonard look like he wanted to crawl into a hole? The fear of Big Ibaka. Why didn't the Spurs blow out OKC like in games 1 and 2?
    If someone were to do a Bill Simmons "Irrational Confidence Guy" list for spurstalk, this thread would put Amb right up near the top.
    Ignoring the rest of your bull , I can't let the bolded slide. Can the crowd:

1) Rebound?
    2) Block a shot?
    3) Make a freebie?
    4) Make an assist?
    5) etc etc?

You see where I'm going here? A crowd shouldn't have to do with the outcome of a game or series. Those that depend on HCA are weakminded. Players shouldn't give a where they play. Boots to asses - no matter where they're playing. SMDH
    He's the lkrfan of the spurs. you add those 2 together and they make for quite a ty pair as far as thread backfires go.
    op is and has always been dumber than the gorilla in his avatar imho
    You get the sense that OP knows this is going to end badly and is holding onto these last few days of false bravado.
    Where are you guys at now?

What happened to Ibaka? Was he mauled by a hyena and missed the game?

Why did OKC lose by pretty much the same (well, slightly larger) margin with pretty much the exact same game flow as Games 1 and 2 when Ibaka is playing?

Why is it that the only differences between games in SA and OKC are FTA for OKC, and the results are so drastically different when you claim HC makes no difference?

Why am I not getting quoted 6 times this morning after the game?

Where you roaches hiding?

Come back and post like a man, you cowardly little maggots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang
    ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang ambchang

Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where are you guys at now?

What happened to Ibaka? Was he mauled by a hyena and missed the game?

Why did OKC lose by pretty much the same (well, slightly larger) margin with pretty much the exact same game flow as Games 1 and 2 when Ibaka is playing?

Why is it that the only differences between games in SA and OKC are FTA for OKC, and the results are so drastically different when you claim HC makes no difference?

Why am I not getting quoted 6 times this morning after the game?

Where you roaches hiding?

Come back and post like a man, you cowardly little maggots.
    2-1 with Ibaka in the lineup, or are you mathematically re ed? I'd consider the possibility of suicide as a viable option before posting again if I were you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-1 with Ibaka in the lineup, or are you mathematically re ed? I'd consider the possibility of suicide as a viable option before posting again if I were you.
    Ibaka wasn't the only difference between Games 1 and 2 vs. Games 3 and 4.

The ONLY difference between Games 3 and 4 vs. Game 5 wasn't the presence of Ibaka, it was the location of the games.

Did you finally get that through your thick skull now?
    Last edited by ambchang; 05-30-2014 at 09:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro Venti Quattro

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get the sense that OP knows this is going to end badly and is holding onto these last few days of false bravado.
    You describe yourself perfectly grandama killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it's back to the rice paddies for OP...
    Looks like it's back to hiding with Osama for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^You basically just covered your turd with paper, instead of admitting a stupid take and flushing it.
    The bills DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, yes...everybody's an idiot and you're the smart one. That's clearly how a casual passerby would assess this thread.
    All them white genes and only one decent take itt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, Ibaka changed the entire complexion of the series, otherwise, we wouldn't have seen Matt Bonner in the starting lineup. Good thing it worked well for the Spurs, but I'm pretty sure OKC will come back strong to force a Game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, Ibaka changed the entire complexion of the series, otherwise, we wouldn't have seen Matt Bonner in the starting lineup. Good thing it worked well for the Spurs, but I'm pretty sure OKC will come back strong to force a Game 7.
    Also, Ibaka allowed OKC to pack the paint with more effectiveness because he is athletic enough to get back and help when perimeter guys get beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Ibaka allowed OKC to pack the paint with more effectiveness because he is athletic enough to get back and help when perimeter guys get beat.
    Didn't say he wouldn't, just that he wouldn't change the outcome of the series.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    The focus of subject within this thread seems to be on what Oklahoma City is doing right and not about what the Spurs are doing wrong.

The Spurs missed and passed up a number of open shots to allow the Thunder there victories. The presence of Serge Ibaka shouldn't have hindered the Spurs from withering away their offensive efficiency insufficient percentages in other areas of the court accept the rim. Playing with fear implies playing without confidence. The Spurs were apprehensive and second-guessing an offense that has assured their success.

The Spurs returned to their form spanning three games. Its a matter of maintaining confidence is always a dependent.

The Thunder still aren't really that great (opinion) which is for obvious reasons that I've seen in the previous rounds prior to this. While others may be in pathological denial of what was witnessed during Thunder games, the matter of Thunder's mental weakness relevant to anyone placing gambling tokens on them.

However the case, the Thunder cluttered the paint extremely well which made Duncan rather ineffective as well as limiting the relevance of Splitter. Ibaka creates a somewhat video game bonus to guard defense for the Thunder. In effect this gives the confidence on defense that they'll stop their opponent the train of effect wets the offense.

The Thunder are young, vigorous, and robust. Their offense however...is...out of control in various variations of instances. When the dual focal points within that offense is failing, they're done. Until these dual focal points, Durant and Westbrook, become more independent on their sheer talent rather then holding the hands of their parent, I'll respect them again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amb is right until proven otherwise. No one knows what would've happened if Ibaka played games 1 and 2 or missed games 3 and 4. But we did get a 1 game sample size for the first question, and the results were pretty much the same.

As is it stands, Chesapeake is the bigger X-factor for the Thunder than the Spearchucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with the goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it's back to the rice paddies for OP...
    ^You basically just covered your turd with paper, instead of admitting a stupid take and flushing it.
    Here's the good that can come out of this thread...if the Spurs do indeed end up winning the series (gutsy proclamation by OP with a 2-0 lead and HCA, btw), it's still a ty take--he'll just hang on for dear of life to this disclaimer, despite the fact that a one-legged Ibaka clearly changed how effective the Spurs were...so you can imagine what a healthy Serge would do.

If the Spurs somehow manage to lose, this stupid slant-eyed slope will likely be gone for a long, long time--or at least until Kobe's in the news again. This would be Hedo fortifying Nash times pantalones de blanco times calf tats level of fail. When you look at it like that, how can you not root for the Thunder? Spurs lose, but the board ultimately wins.
    lol ambchang you stupid, stupid gook.
    excellent contributions to this thread, old friend

Thread Information