Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Seeing how the chicken still lurks around.

Last Activity1 Hour Ago

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Never mind that, what happens when it's James 3 alpha rings > TOSB Kirby 5 role-player rings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never mind that, what happens when it's James 3 alpha rings > TOSB Kirby 5 role-player rings?
    You're worse than thunderup, ol' sport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they'll resort to

Kobe: 5
    TOSB Ginobili: 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cully's been dead ever since the board voted him off the island and I forced him to show his true colors towards Kool. Now you see Kool pathetically hanging around like the ol' head at the club and no one wants to listen to his broke a**

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He already said Duncan retains the bag. He's coming back either way.

Though if the Spurs win this year and the next, that'll be it for Cubby's internet career. He'll be 62.

RIP Culburn, 1998-2015
    Last edited by IrisHockey; 05-22-2014 at 08:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "*"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's 4 is already > Kobe's 5. Duncan with 5 easily puts Duncan above Kobe in nearly every possible argument besides "who was the better scorer".

Let's not forget Duncan has 2 MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs, while Kobe only has one questionable MVP win (Chris Paul deserved it more), and 2 Finals MVPs, one of which was also questionable (Gasol deserved it more).

While if the Spurs won last year, it would've been 5 and 4 FMVPs for Duncan, not to mention WAY higher win% (best in NBA history or damn close), while being much higher than Kobe in advanced stats like defensive rating whereas Kobe's only high in time-intensive stuff like total points scored and bricks.

Duncan beats the out of Kobe regardless and it's not even that close. Show me a basketball fan who would take Kobe over Duncan when starting a franchise and I'll show you a dumbass tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cub refuses to lodge the asterisk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's 4 is already > Kobe's 5. Duncan with 5 easily puts Duncan above Kobe in nearly every possible argument besides "who was the better scorer".

Let's not forget Duncan has 2 MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs, while Kobe only has one questionable MVP win (Chris Paul deserved it more), and 2 Finals MVPs, one of which was also questionable (Gasol deserved it more).

While if the Spurs won last year, it would've been 5 and 4 FMVPs for Duncan, not to mention WAY higher win% (best in NBA history or damn close), while being much higher than Kobe in advanced stats like defensive rating whereas Kobe's only high in time-intensive stuff like total points scored and bricks.

Duncan beats the out of Kobe regardless and it's not even that close. Show me a basketball fan who would take Kobe over Duncan when starting a franchise and I'll show you a dumbass tbh.
    Boiled down:::

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

T-Mac was the real MVP in 2003 (32/7/5 on 46/39/79)
    Manu was the real Finals MVP in 2005

Based on deserving MVPs

Regular season
    Kobe - 2 (06 should have been his, 07 is arguable)
    Duncan - 1

Finals
    Kobe - 2
    Duncan - 2

How about you compare each of their stats in the playoffs and Finals for each championship won and compare their best regular seasons. Kobe comes out on top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tell me more about how mcgrady > duncan because of free throw%

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tell me more about how mcgrady > duncan because of free throw%
    32.1/6.5/5.5 on 46/39/79 (scoring champ) vs. 23.3/12.9/3.9 on 51/27/71 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by raw numbers lebron has deserved mvp basically every year since his sop re season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll feel an extreme amount of cognitive dissonance, and he'll use logical fallacies to maintain his previous (erroneous) belief. What a tool

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based on deserving MVPs

Regular season
    Duncan - 1

Finals
    Kobe - 2
    Duncan - 2

How about you compare each of their stats in the playoffs and Finals for each championship won and compare their best regular seasons. Kobe comes out on top.
    Kobrick should have won regular season MVP in 2006?,,,,LMAO. Youre grasping with Duncan destroying Kobricks legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've never seen a player from a 7 seed get mvp consideration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobrick should have won regular season MVP in 2006?,,,,LMAO. Youre grasping with Duncan destroying Kobricks legacy.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76024

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i've never seen a player from a 7 seed get mvp consideration
    Not anymore since the media votes for it, but before when the players voted for it players have won the award with below 50-wins. Kareem won one with a 40-42 record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not anymore since the media votes for it, but before when the players voted for it players have won the award with below 50-wins. Kareem won one with a 40-42 record.
    yeah and players on the losing side used to win finals mvp. peer voting is a horrible concept. the players are too busy practicing/playing to actually observe a season objectively. they face a given player 2-4 times a year and draw comparisons based on that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash averaged almost 20 and 10 in '06, Suns 54 wins and reached the WCF's. Kobrick,,,Lakers 45 wins,,,out in the 1st round,,,,by the Nash led Suns no less.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nash averaged almost 20 and 10 in '06, Suns 54 wins and reached the WCF's. Kobrick,,,Lakers 45 wins,,,out in the 1st round,,,,by the Nash led Suns no less.
    Kobe...
    35.4 ppg - 8th highest alltime (highest since 1987-88)
    2 60-point games
    6 50-point games
    27 40-point games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based on deserving MVPs

Regular season
    Duncan - 1

Finals
    Kobe - 2
    Duncan - 2

TMac was not the MVP. Players on ty teams with big stats don't deserve it. EXACTLY why Kobe didn't deserve it. It's Most Valuble Player award, not best stat padder on irrelevant teams award. Why do you think Kevin Love nearly missed the All Star game and Ellis and his 25 PPG seasons don't mean ? And LOL no Manu wasn't the Finals MVP in 2005, get the outta here with that .

2005 Finals:

Duncan: 25/15.5 2 BPG and GREAT defense in 2005 Finals
    Ginobil: 18.7/5.8/4

It isn't even close. Manu also had multiple ty games, including 7/4/0 6 TO and 12/4/3 games. Duncan's worst game was still a double double with 3 steals thrown in.

Kobe also does not come out on top in their playoff or reg season stat comparisons The only way you could possibly come to that ty conclusion is if you're ignoring defense, rebounds, and winning, and only looking at PPG.

Thread Information